Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-22-2024, 06:10 PM   #133
woosahh
Private
woosahh's Avatar
30
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: f82
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwestrango View Post
I just installed the same version as this and notice the DRLs are not turning on (everything else is working fine), anyone who has installed these know how to fix this?

I contact the seller already so will see what he says too.

Thanks in advance!
What pin did you buy ? 9 pin ? Were u pre lci LED adaptive ?

I am waiting for mine. Got the 9 pin. Mine is pre lci led. I asked bayoptics which pin is correct and they told me 9 pin
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2024, 09:45 PM   #134
wildwestrango
New Member
1
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: BMW F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Brooklyn

iTrader: (0)

I think you got the correct one and should be good to go!

Unfortunately the seller told me to get 8 pin but turns out I needed the 9 pin instead for my adaptive Xenon. I just bought the wiring from Marius and hope they will fix the issue.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 12:48 AM   #135
woosahh
Private
woosahh's Avatar
30
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: f82
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwestrango View Post
I think you got the correct one and should be good to go!

Unfortunately the seller told me to get 8 pin but turns out I needed the 9 pin instead for my adaptive Xenon. I just bought the wiring from Marius and hope they will fix the issue.
Okay good luck. Post some pics after 👍
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 12:54 AM   #136
PCARBON32
Private First Class
PCARBON32's Avatar
104
Rep
161
Posts

Drives: F80, F25
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: INDUSTRY

iTrader: (3)

You need to ged the coding done
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 12:32 PM   #137
tiffbaby
Registered
tiffbaby's Avatar
2
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: f30 335i
Join Date: Feb 2024
Location: garden grove,ca

iTrader: (0)

Sheesh goes hard
Appreciate 1
F80JUL-1.00
      02-25-2024, 06:37 PM   #138
SirReptar
New Member
SirReptar's Avatar
2
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: Phoenix AZ

iTrader: (0)

PCARBON32 Do you still have the contact information for Marius? Could I PM you for it? Need to see about getting the coding done for my headlights
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 06:24 AM   #139
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
637
Rep
1,380
Posts

Drives: 435i MS
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: North

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30FF View Post
not true, for mine at least. they project correctly.

Edit: He is correct, the lowbeams are flipped.
This is because the sellers were using OEM photos to sell them.. people became wise to it so they're now using OEM photos with the actual DRL's chopped out and the brightness made to look normal, instead of being super dim like they are in daylight. I know I have been pretty negative around the fake icons but it's purely because of this! If sellers are having to edit their photos to sell units that surely says everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyamodel View Post
Anyone know if yellow DRL modules will work with these?
I know this has already been addressed but just for anyone considering a DIY, the reason you cannot do this is because they gutted the light guides out and superglued LED strips in place. If you weren't already aware these are 2018 5 series headlights with the internals cut out and dumped into a 4 series housing, they don't make them brand new, they just sell you a modified set of headlights.
__________________
2015 435i - 401whp
Scorpion catless dp, VRSF 6.5" HD FMIC, MST V2 inlet, NGK 97506, MHD Stage 2+ 102, xHP Stage 3, M Performance Exhaust (modified for valved straight thru)
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11457.50
      02-26-2024, 06:36 PM   #140
PCARBON32
Private First Class
PCARBON32's Avatar
104
Rep
161
Posts

Drives: F80, F25
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: INDUSTRY

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortythirtyfive View Post
I know this has already been addressed but just for anyone considering a DIY, the reason you cannot do this is because they gutted the light guides out and superglued LED strips in place. If you weren't already aware these are 2018 5 series headlights with the internals cut out and dumped into a 4 series housing, they don't make them brand new, they just sell you a modified set of headlights.
To Clarify some things on the post and comments I see. I been in car forums and modding cars for over 20 years. Things donít change, purist are purist and people who just wanna mod on a budget. To each is their own. Iíve had these headlights on for a year now and really no complaints other than I should have had them clear bra when i first got them. The seller I got from on the FB forums showed me videos of the lights and I did see the output on the headlights opposite of the OEM ones. Saving over 2k over stock, I took a gamble as the seller got me in touch with some other people who did the mod and recommended Marius to make it work. Iím happy with the build and the not married to the car. Likely sell it end of the year and get into a Porsche or something else. To each is their own and enjoy your ride while you got it. It wonít be forever so just enjoy ride.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 06:57 PM   #141
M3SQRD
Major General
M3SQRD's Avatar
2073
Rep
5,457
Posts

Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mid-Atlantic

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCARBON32 View Post
To Clarify some things on the post and comments I see. I been in car forums and modding cars for over 20 years. Things donít change, purist are purist and people who just wanna mod on a budget. To each is their own. Iíve had these headlights on for a year now and really no complaints other than I should have had them clear bra when i first got them. The seller I got from on the FB forums showed me videos of the lights and I did see the output on the headlights opposite of the OEM ones. Saving over 2k over stock, I took a gamble as the seller got me in touch with some other people who did the mod and recommended Marius to make it work. Iím happy with the build and the not married to the car. Likely sell it end of the year and get into a Porsche or something else. To each is their own and enjoy your ride while you got it. It wonít be forever so just enjoy ride.

I donít see any issues with fourthirtyfiveís post. He was stating facts. There are quite a few new members that buy DRL modules along with fake ikons from vendors that massively mark up the price of these fake ikon headlights and know the modules canít be used. These same vendors then charge a 25% return/restocking fee, if they refund at all (usually stuck with a store credit from a vendor theyíd not want to buy from again), on an item that canít be used on the fake headlights to begin with. If the vendors are not going to do it then that leaves forum members to spread the PSAís/FYIís. Not everyone will spend time exchanging information with Ali vendors to know what is/isnt oem like on the headlights. IMO, using cheap aftermarket headlights and taillights that donít have the same functionality and brightness as oem DOT-certified lights puts other people in danger, not just you. You may have decided to accept the risks that come with the use of these inferior fake, not-DOT certified lights but the other people on the road with you have not.
Appreciate 1
      02-27-2024, 06:13 PM   #142
woosahh
Private
woosahh's Avatar
30
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: f82
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Just recieved this. Gonna slap them on soon.

Will try to use bimmercode to max out the brightness on the halos. Heard some people did it and it worked 🙌
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 06:52 PM   #143
NSX2M4
Major
NSX2M4's Avatar
1348
Rep
1,315
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP- RIVIAN R1S QUAD
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: FTL, FL

iTrader: (1)

Get some PPF or reapply clear on them. Any budget headlight I've ever bought from China delaminates after about 6 months. That goes for HID and LED light sources.
It's a bitch to line up these headlights with the bumper and hood line on an F8X. So, do it right the first time.

Not knocking aftermarket lights, but you will clearly see the difference in a few months use. Good for a few IG pics tho.
__________________
MGM Ext, SO int, Euro IKON, CS front lip, Carbon 1.5 diffuser, GTS/CS coding, M perf rear spoiler, & everything else STOCK.
(Previous E39 and NA1 NSX owner) Those were the days!

Last edited by NSX2M4; 02-27-2024 at 07:30 PM..
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2024, 07:03 AM   #144
F80manz
Private
F80manz's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
94
Posts

Drives: 19 M4 Comp 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX2M4 View Post
Get some PPF or reapply clear on them. Any budget headlight I've ever bought from China delaminates after about 6 months. That goes for HID and LED light sources.
It's a bitch to line up these headlights with the bumper and hood line on an F8X. So, do it right the first time.

Not knocking aftermarket lights, but you will clearly see the difference in a few months use. Good for a few IG pics tho.
6 months in and mine look as good as the day I got them. Į⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠Į
Appreciate 1
M2RAW120.00
      02-29-2024, 11:17 PM   #145
f82ryan
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: m4 2015
Join Date: Feb 2024
Location: bay area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosahh View Post
Just recieved this. Gonna slap them on soon.

Will try to use bimmercode to max out the brightness on the halos. Heard some people did it and it worked 🙌
Do you have an ig? Have questions bro
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 12:36 AM   #146
PCARBON32
Private First Class
PCARBON32's Avatar
104
Rep
161
Posts

Drives: F80, F25
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: INDUSTRY

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
I donít see any issues with fourthirtyfiveís post. He was stating facts. There are quite a few new members that buy DRL modules along with fake ikons from vendors that massively mark up the price of these fake ikon headlights and know the modules canít be used. These same vendors then charge a 25% return/restocking fee, if they refund at all (usually stuck with a store credit from a vendor theyíd not want to buy from again), on an item that canít be used on the fake headlights to begin with. If the vendors are not going to do it then that leaves forum members to spread the PSAís/FYIís. Not everyone will spend time exchanging information with Ali vendors to know what is/isnt oem like on the headlights. IMO, using cheap aftermarket headlights and taillights that donít have the same functionality and brightness as oem DOT-certified lights puts other people in danger, not just you. You may have decided to accept the risks that come with the use of these inferior fake, not-DOT certified lights but the other people on the road with you have not.
Like is said, to each is their own. We can share our experiences here and you choose what you wanna do with your ride. I am saying I am satisfied with these lights, price and quality.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 07:08 PM   #147
mwalter14
Second Lieutenant
Canada
43
Rep
211
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Calgary, AB

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwestrango View Post
I think you got the correct one and should be good to go!

Unfortunately the seller told me to get 8 pin but turns out I needed the 9 pin instead for my adaptive Xenon. I just bought the wiring from Marius and hope they will fix the issue.
Hey I went with 8pin as well based on the seller comments (for pre lci xenon adaptive). I am guessing I need the 9pin as well. Got a link for the wiring harness?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2024, 12:11 PM   #148
f82ryan
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: m4 2015
Join Date: Feb 2024
Location: bay area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosahh View Post
Just recieved this. Gonna slap them on soon.

Will try to use bimmercode to max out the brightness on the halos. Heard some people did it and it worked 🙌
Whatís your insta bro
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 04:13 PM   #149
30FF
Slow Guy
30FF's Avatar
9
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: 16' M4
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
You may have decided to accept the risks that come with the use of these inferior fake, not-DOT certified lights but the other people on the road with you have not.
Stop being dramatic, the low beams are 2-3x brighter than "Dot certified" Xenons. Align them properly and you're putting no one at risk.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 04:43 PM   #150
M3SQRD
Major General
M3SQRD's Avatar
2073
Rep
5,457
Posts

Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mid-Atlantic

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30FF View Post
Stop being dramatic, the low beams are 2-3x brighter than "Dot certified" Xenons. Align them properly and you're putting no one at risk.
It’s a true statement but this comment was directed primarily at the GTS-style taillights which, with the brakes applied, can barely be seen in some photos.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 01:30 AM   #151
30FF
Slow Guy
30FF's Avatar
9
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: 16' M4
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
Itís a true statement but this comment was directed primarily at the GTS-style taillights which, with the brakes applied, can barely be seen in some photos.
You're not wrong about that. The brake portion that lights up is the size of a computer mouse.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 05:06 PM   #152
M2RAW
First Lieutenant
M2RAW's Avatar
120
Rep
344
Posts

Drives: BMW F87 M2 BASE
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Northern California USA

iTrader: (0)

So whats the best aftermarket ikon out there?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 05:33 PM   #153
NSX2M4
Major
NSX2M4's Avatar
1348
Rep
1,315
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP- RIVIAN R1S QUAD
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: FTL, FL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80manz View Post
6 months in and mine look as good as the day I got them. Į⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠Į
Good for you!
__________________
MGM Ext, SO int, Euro IKON, CS front lip, Carbon 1.5 diffuser, GTS/CS coding, M perf rear spoiler, & everything else STOCK.
(Previous E39 and NA1 NSX owner) Those were the days!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 12:09 PM   #154
m4carty
Registered
2
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: BMW M4 F82
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Camas Wa

iTrader: (0)

I Have had the ikons on my f82 m4 for over a year now and they work great. never had any issues. my only question is if anyone has looked into turning them yellow. would love to see if anyone has tried.
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST