Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

04-13-2021, 02:37 AM   #1145
Dav3
Major
Rep
Drives: G87 M2/E89 35is/F21 M140i/GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatcoloristhat View Post
Did you install the door level handles and seat shells? How’s the fitment and comparison to oem 2x2 weave?

Edit:just noticed you wrote about seat shells, so it matches oem cf weave? If so might pull the plug but more interested in the full seat shell versions if they offer it?
Yeah, I want to say that it does match the oem cf weave, at least to the naked eye! Not sure if they do the full version, havent seen it!

Door level handles are good quality for the price and actually are almost a perfect fit. Unfortunately its neither real CF and the pattern doesnt match the oem one, so I decided to ditch it.

The single carbon fiber dct surround element is good quality but mine came with a dent in it. Fitment is okay but even with the cf pattern resembling oem, it looks a bit off. Decided to ditch this too!

I can supply more pics if you want
Gone: E92 M3 | RS3 8V | E82 1M | AMG GT-S | X3M Comp | F80 M3 | Juke Nismo RS | E85 Z4 M Roadster | R58 Coupe JCW | F87 M2C| F87 M2 | F22 M240i | F82 M4 | E89 Z4 2.0i | F56 Cooper S | E92 330i | R56 One
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2021, 09:34 AM   #1146
kindafrosty
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 F80 / ‘08 E83

Very pleased with Bayson R front splitters I purchased last fall.

The fitment is 8.5/10 even though I didn't do the best job with installation over the PPF. My advice is to wait to remove the double-sided tape until the splitter is in place to avoid gaps, or use black vinyl behind it. Do not use the included tape, buy VHB. No screws needed and the splitters have not budged an inch at high speeds or from pressure washing.

Cosmetically, I'd give these splitters a 9/10; my low expectations were blown away for the price! The CF weave and clearcoat had almost no imperfections besides one minor blemish, which isn't visible. I've put 5k miles on the car since then, and the clearcoat has held up beautifully to debris and road grime.

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 03:06 PM   #1147
michael1284
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp

Picked up a few things from vendor's I've used before and from this thread:

Rear CF Spoiler - CarbonKing

Front Lip - Magicdrift

Overall - rear CF spoiler - arrived fast and looks great. Fitment was perfect and clearcoat is good. No issues w/ weave.

Front lip is 8/10. I had to trim a lot of the left/right underside panels to get it to fit and it's just a cheap poly lip. I bought this b/c I know I will just tear it up and my wife sometimes drives my car. This is cheap enough where it looks good and I won't have to worry about it. Fitment is 8/10. Most of the holes lined up but I did have drill a few 2-3mm to the left/right. My passenger side right under the grill has a small gap. I was able to use extra screws to kinda "mold" it to not really be noticable.

Also picked up some RWP side splitters from someone local. I'm really scared my wife or kid will break one of these lol. Just a matter of time.

04-19-2021, 03:51 PM   #1148
EricP3
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 X3M Comp

If anyone was thinking about the cf diffuser from ali express vendor JC Sportline I ordered mine on March 11th and I still don't have it. I will report back on fitment if/when I finally get it. Fingers crossed it is good but heads up to anyone thinking of ordering from ali express it might take a month+.
      04-19-2021, 04:32 PM   #1149
blkcow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3MC LCI

Garage List
Interesting - do you have any pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1284 View Post
Picked up a few things from vendor's I've used before and from this thread:

Rear CF Spoiler - CarbonKing

Front Lip - Magicdrift

Overall - rear CF spoiler - arrived fast and looks great. Fitment was perfect and clearcoat is good. No issues w/ weave.

Front lip is 8/10. I had to trim a lot of the left/right underside panels to get it to fit and it's just a cheap poly lip. I bought this b/c I know I will just tear it up and my wife sometimes drives my car. This is cheap enough where it looks good and I won't have to worry about it. Fitment is 8/10. Most of the holes lined up but I did have drill a few 2-3mm to the left/right. My passenger side right under the grill has a small gap. I was able to use extra screws to kinda "mold" it to not really be noticable.

Also picked up some RWP side splitters from someone local. I'm really scared my wife or kid will break one of these lol. Just a matter of time.

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 08:51 PM   #1150
getsituated91
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Just got a M-Spec CS style lip off ebay, but it didnt come with any pre-drilled holes or guides to drill holes. Anybody have a DIY guide?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 09:50 AM   #1151
brocurls
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mazdarati

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricP3 View Post
If anyone was thinking about the cf diffuser from ali express vendor JC Sportline I ordered mine on March 11th and I still don't have it. I will report back on fitment if/when I finally get it. Fingers crossed it is good but heads up to anyone thinking of ordering from ali express it might take a month+.
I bought the JC Sportline CF Diffuser from them a couple months ago. I've ordered one from a no-name off-brand from Ebay. It was a cheap piece of flimsy shit with horrible fit (wasted a couple bucks on return shipping).

The JC Sportsline diffuser felt legit. It had a good weight and the weave wasn't distorted. No jagged edges and fitment was 10/10??. I ?'d it because looking at it straight on, it looks very perfect with no gaps or contortion, but if I'm standing right up to the trunk and look down, it looks like the ends budge out just a bit with the middle flush to the bumper. It's not super noticeable...hell I chalk it up to the design of the diffuser as it's visibly even on both ends. Or maybe this is how OEM CF diffuser is?

I've bought numerous JC Sportsline stuff...front CF upper splitters, CF mirrors, rear CF splitters, and the CF CS spoiler. All of them I'm highly satisified from a dollars to expectations POV

DD: 2020 Mazda CrystalWhite CX-5 GT w/PP
Wife's: 2023 Audi S5 Sportback DistrictGreen Premium Plus w/Blk Optic Package
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2021, 10:02 AM   #1152
jd__m4
Captain
Rep
Drives: AY M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocurls View Post
I bought the JC Sportline CF Diffuser from them a couple months ago. I've ordered one from a no-name off-brand from Ebay. It was a cheap piece of flimsy shit with horrible fit (wasted a couple bucks on return shipping).

The JC Sportsline diffuser felt legit. It had a good weight and the weave wasn't distorted. No jagged edges and fitment was 10/10??. I ?'d it because looking at it straight on, it looks very perfect with no gaps or contortion, but if I'm standing right up to the trunk and look down, it looks like the ends budge out just a bit with the middle flush to the bumper. It's not super noticeable...hell I chalk it up to the design of the diffuser as it's visibly even on both ends. Or maybe this is how OEM CF diffuser is?

I've bought numerous JC Sportsline stuff...front CF upper splitters, CF mirrors, rear CF splitters, and the CF CS spoiler. All of them I'm highly satisified from a dollars to expectations POV

I have multiple CF parts from JC Sportline, including the 3pc diffuser. IMO, out of all the Chinese CF stuff, they're the best bet. Everything from them has good weave, good fit/finish, and seems to hold up over time.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 10:06 AM   #1153
MINERALGREY_F80M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 - F80

Grabbed these M buttons / start button, U.S shipper so I got them in 3 days.
Still illuminate like oem, quick and simple install plug/play

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15-20-BMW-F...UAAOSwbvdgfanY
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 10:28 AM   #1154
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINERALWHITE_F80M3 View Post
Grabbed these M buttons / start button, U.S shipper so I got them in 3 days.
Still illuminate like oem, quick and simple install plug/play

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15-20-BMW-F...UAAOSwbvdgfanY
You could have saved some money and bought these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...f_=as_li_ss_tl

I recently replaced my yellow IND ones with these in red and comparing them side by side you couldn't tell which product cost 3 times more.

Edit: if you click on the blue ones on Amazon it's the same exact pic as the Ebay ones you posted.

S55, 2JZ, M48.00
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 07:48 AM   #1155
EricP3
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 X3M Comp

Finally got my Ali Express JC Sportline CF Diffuser after about 45 days. Quality looks good I will post some fitment pics when I get it on this weekend. Anyone looking to order from Ali Express should be aware that its going to take a solid 30+ days.
      04-28-2021, 10:33 AM   #1156
E92Roni
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 2012 M3 1999 328IS

V style rear diffuser

Anyone tried this? Looks like plastic with a "carbon fiber coat" like it says in their description. I'd assume the pictures aren't actually theirs. Wonder how the fitment is.

https://nintestore.com/products/nint...CABEgKOovD_BwE
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 11:20 AM   #1157
Walmart Parking Lot
Cart Attendant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Shopping Cart Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoniE92 View Post
Anyone tried this? Looks like plastic with a "carbon fiber coat" like it says in their description. I'd assume the pictures aren't actually theirs. Wonder how the fitment is.

https://nintestore.com/products/nint...CABEgKOovD_BwE
Never heard of that store. Get this one if you want a V style: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3281...52e64c4dNCnffh

Many people on this forum have vouched for this including me.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 11:25 AM   #1158
Kuucheki
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 Competition Packag

I just received this one. My mechanic was going to install it but it doesn't fit for shit. The seller is telling me the rear bumper has to come off to get it installed. Even with it not fully seated it touches the muffler. Anyone had to remove bumper to install or bs?

Check out this product on Alibaba App 3 Pcs V Type For BMW F80 F82 F83 M3 M4 2015+ Auto Rear Bumper Carbon Diffuser https://m.alibaba.com/product/607998...00000%22%7D%7D
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 11:47 AM   #1159
henrylee
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 6MT

Wow that looks like crap
      04-28-2021, 11:47 AM   #1160
Walmart Parking Lot
Cart Attendant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Shopping Cart Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuucheki View Post
I just received this one. My mechanic was going to install it but it doesn't fit for shit. The seller is telling me the rear bumper has to come off to get it installed. Even with it not fully seated it touches the muffler. Anyone had to remove bumper to install or bs?

Check out this product on Alibaba App 3 Pcs V Type For BMW F80 F82 F83 M3 M4 2015+ Auto Rear Bumper Carbon Diffuser https://m.alibaba.com/product/607998...00000%22%7D%7D
Lmao you shouldn't have to remove the bumper to install it
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 11:55 AM   #1161
Kuucheki
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walmart Parking Lot View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walmart Parking Lot View Post
Quote:

That's what im thinking but the seller keeps saying they have sold thousands of these and that the only way to get it to install is to remove the bumper because the carbon is more rigid etc bla bla bla
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 12:35 PM   #1162
Kuucheki
Private First Class
Rep

Just spoke to my body shop. They'll be installing next week. They said they have seen this before and removing the bumper will most probably work. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 12:59 PM   #1163
notnow
Bit by Modbug
Rep
Drives: F86

Quote:
Just spoke to my body shop. They'll be installing next week. They said they have seen this before and removing the bumper will most probably work. Thanks
Mine fit like that in the beginning. Don't take this as advice, but I used some sunlight for heat and some force to "bend" the diffuser to be able to slide it into the tabs. And yes, my diffuser touches the mufflers 24/7 so I added pads in between the diffuser and the muffler to prevent rubbing.

I would imagine taking the bumper off would actually make it harder to install as it takes quite a bit of force to bend the diffuser and you'd have the bumper moving all over the place.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 01:16 PM   #1164
Kuucheki
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton1017 View Post
Quote:
Mine fit like that in the beginning. Don't take this as advice, but I used some sunlight for heat and some force to "bend" the diffuser to be able to slide it into the tabs. And yes, my diffuser touches the mufflers 24/7 so I added pads in between the diffuser and the muffler to prevent rubbing.

I would imagine taking the bumper off would actually make it harder to install as it takes quite a bit of force to bend the diffuser and you'd have the bumper moving all over the place.
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 09:24 AM   #1165
Kuucheki
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

What material are the pads made out of that you added between the diffuser and muffler?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 05:17 PM   #1166
GTABurnout
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 Manual

Quote:

Mine also had the same issue. You just have to trust that you can flex it more then you think you can.
Appreciate 0