Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

04-21-2021, 04:47 PM   #1
r1v3r
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82 LCI

Changing tyres on OEM competition (666) rims

Hey everyone,

this may sound as a very stupid question please forgive me... I've bought my m4 on competition (666) rims with winter tyres on them (265/30/20 front, 285/30/20 back) and now it is time to change to summers. I am trying to understand if my best option is to buy a separate set of rims for a set of summers or just use one set of rims and change from winters to summers every season? Also, while removing tyres of such dimension does it do any harm to the tyres itself, meaning will it be reusable for future seasons or does that depend of the person actually doing the removal?
I've got mixed answers from my friends/people working at tyre fitting shops so I am looking for answers here

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 10:44 AM   #2
Equilibrandt
Auto/DCT Zealot
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, Miata

Garage List
Are you still taking your car to a dealer?

- Call a BMW dealer (or your tire shop) and see how much they'd charge you to swap and balance to some Michelin Pilot SS or 4S (or whatever you plan to drive on this summer).

- Total up how much it'd cost you to get some new dedicated summer wheels/rims, TPMS, and how much it'd cost you to get the same tires mounted and balanced.

Obviously your separate summer tire setup will have a big initial cost but will be a one time charge for a few years. Compare that number to your first number, where you'd swap tires on 666Ms every half year and have to pay the swap fee every 6 months. Make your decision after that.

From my experience, swapping tires at a reputable location never damages the tire coming off.
Appreciate 0