R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers

06-13-2021, 11:27 PM   #1
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
FS: SPL Tension Strut/Thrust Arm Set (Caster and Roll Center Adjustable)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
I have a brand new set of SPL tension strut (thrust arm/forward control arm/upper control arm) arms for sale. These arms fit the F8x M2/3/4 and E9x M3.

These arms allow you to adjust their lengths to dial in the caster you want and have monoballs on both ends. If you've been thinking about adding a monoball to your tension struts to improve steering response and gain steering feel, this arm provides that natively without you needing to press out a bushing and press in a new monoball. Additionally, there are spacers which allow you to correct your roll center if running on a lowered vehicle. Note that to take advantage of roll center correction you'll really want to have that feature on all front arms (wishbone/LCA and tie rods).

Price is *SOLD*$495*SOLD* shipped CONUS.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.

Last edited by FaRKle!; 06-14-2021 at 11:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 11:52 PM   #2
DeathBear
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 18 M3

Oh interested. Was just about to purchase the Bimmerworld monoball but saw this for sale. Any noticeable increase in NVH?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 12:20 AM   #3
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathBear View Post
Oh interested. Was just about to purchase the Bimmerworld monoball but saw this for sale. Any noticeable increase in NVH?
I wouldn't expect any more NVH than any other monoball.

From my own experiences with having monoballs in the tension strut to subframe interface there isn't an N or H penalty, but a lot more V through the wheel. That said, you also get a lot more steering feel through the wheel too and better steering response.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2021, 07:55 AM   #4
DeathBear
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 18 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Quote:
I wouldn't expect any more NVH than any other monoball.

From my own experiences with having monoballs in the tension strut to subframe interface there isn't an N or H penalty, but a lot more V through the wheel. That said, you also get a lot more steering feel through the wheel too and better steering response.
Would the other 2 arms be needed or can this be sized to OEM length? If other 2 arms are not necessary, I'm interested. Are you firm on pricing or open to offers?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 12:10 PM   #5
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Would the other 2 arms be needed or can this be sized to OEM length? If other 2 arms are not necessary, I'm interested. Are you firm on pricing or open to offers?

Thanks!
These arms can be adjusted to OE length I double checked next to my stock arms). That said, unfortunately these sold already to someone else.

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 01:43 AM   #6
Spun Crankhub
Major General
Rep
Drives: 15 F82 *SOLD*

Gotta be quick or the deals are gone just like that.
Appreciate 0