BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

09-22-2015, 03:29 AM   #67
achi 3.0
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F83, Catless Dps, JB4

I use the Eisenmann Dps. Perfect match and with flex and heat shield. Car feels much more agressive than without dps
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2015, 07:13 AM   #68
edwinm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryTheLabelGuy View Post
It has yet to be an issue for the N54 and N55 guys, nor any of the S55 guys to date.

You're more than welcome to vote with your wallet, though.

Honestly, I'd be way more worried about the expansion joint failing. Lol.
Honestly, while I'm seeing your point I think you're missing mine here. It really has nothing to do with anyone's wallet but with whatever makes you happy and gives you peace of mind, if no flex is ok for you it might not be for others like me.

This is an old topic beaten to death in other non BMW forums for years and years.

Grigio Telesto M4, 6MT.
Coyote 5.0 F-150
991 GT3
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2015, 08:54 AM   #69
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinm3 View Post
Honestly, while I'm seeing your point I think you're missing mine here. It really has nothing to do with anyone's wallet but with whatever makes you happy and gives you peace of mind, if no flex is ok for you it might not be for others like me.

This is an old topic beaten to death in other non BMW forums for years and years.
I am seeing your point. I just don't think it as big a deal as you think it is.

As for the wallet comment; it is an old adage. It has nothing to do with how expensive something is. I'm simply saying, buy the one you want. I really couldn't care less what downpipes you run or don't run.

The world is your oyster, so-to-speak.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2015, 10:22 AM   #70
edwinm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am seeing your point. I just don't think it as big a deal as you think it is.

As for the wallet comment; it is an old adage. It has nothing to do with how expensive something is. I'm simply saying, buy the one you want. I really couldn't care less what downpipes you run or don't run.

The world is your oyster, so-to-speak.
I guess I should have known better.

It's ok to try and support one's favorite regardless of why they do what they do

Grigio Telesto M4, 6MT.
Coyote 5.0 F-150
991 GT3
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 04:44 PM   #71
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4GTS BSM/F90comp/BSM M2CS

I ran Zima Ceramic DP's for over a year with not 1 CEL. not even ghost code. They fit perfect, the ceramic coating really lowered the underhood heat temp as well. Not sure if you can find a better solution out there. Having no CEL is worth it all I feel.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 10:08 AM   #72
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330 View Post
I agree with not needing it I've posted that same thing you've said to others I just wanted to know which sells it with the oem looking expansion (flex) piece, that's all. I think Akra does but wasn't sure if there were any others. Just curious.
Just to add to this thread since it's pretty popular with good info. Active Autowerke also came out with a flex downpipe.

According to a few more customers as of recently, the flex does keep down the vibrations so apparently it's not all just about the catalyst and does help with some noise.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 10:22 AM   #73
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
Just to add to this thread since it's pretty popular with good info. Active Autowerke also came out with a flex downpipe.

According to a few more customers as of recently, the flex does keep down the vibrations so apparently it's not all just about the catalyst and does help with some noise.
Vibrations from what though?

There is nothing to vibrate if the downpipes are installed correctly (not touching subframe) as they hook up to the exhaust which is mounted with rubber exhaust hangers which allow a large range of motion and are infinitely more pliable then and expansion bellows on the downpipes. If anything is to move its the exults hangers first. Bending rubber versus bending steel is obviously simpler, so I can't really imagine a point where the downpipes would flex with the exhaust remaining in place.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 10:24 AM   #74
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
Vibrations from what though? There is nothing to vibrate if the downpipes are installed correctly as they hook up to the exhaust which is mounted with rubber exhaust hangers which allow a large range of motion and are infinitely more pliable then and expansion bellows on the downpipes. If anything is to move its the exults hangers first. Bending rubber versus bending steel is obviously simpler, so I can't really imagine a point where the downpipes would flex with the exhaust remaining in place.

Mike
This was mentioned by very reputable shops in the area who not only own M4's but work on dozens of them a week. Don't shoot the messenger.

Perhaps vibrations isn't the correct word, maybe it was resonance?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 11:39 AM   #75
Bowser330
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: i3 REX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
I agree with not needing it I've posted that same thing you've said to others I just wanted to know which sells it with the oem looking expansion (flex) piece, that's all. I think Akra does but wasn't sure if there were any others. Just curious.

[IMG]http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-132701647...shipping-4.jpg[/IMG]

The spring type is just so much better looking than the mesh type. Not sure why I care what the ground is looking at....
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 12:16 PM   #76
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I have zero vibrations from my VRSF downpipes. Feels totally stock, with the exception of a better sounding exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 04:42 PM   #77
MetZF82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F06 M6

Quote:
I have zero vibrations from my VRSF downpipes. Feels totally stock, with the exception of a better sounding exhaust.
I'm having my vrsf downpipes installed tuesday am. The jb4 and intake are in as of a few days. Can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 08:36 PM   #78
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetZF82 View Post
I'm having my vrsf downpipes installed tuesday am. The jb4 and intake are in as of a few days. Can't wait.
let us know how it goes

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2015, 08:16 AM   #79
edwinm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post

The guys at AA just installed a set of their new DP's this past Thursday, all I can say is wow, they're perfect. I'm very satisfied and this is coming from me who would not do any DP's without the flex, I have the Akra Evo and it screams now. Good job AA!!!

Grigio Telesto M4, 6MT.
Coyote 5.0 F-150
991 GT3
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2015, 10:15 AM   #80
F80Juan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com
Quote:
let us know how it goes
+1 really curious as to how well these fit and if they make the same power as the other brands
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2015, 10:46 AM   #81
2SNAILS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blurple

Garage List
2018 F80  [9.75]
Gintani dp's here and they are awesome!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2015, 10:57 AM   #82
///bproden
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Installed akraprovic dp's yesterday. Fitment and quality was perfect. I am happy with them and spending a few more dollars for them was well worth it imo
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2015, 11:20 AM   #83
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80Juan View Post
+1 really curious as to how well these fit and if they make the same power as the other brands
My VRSF fit perfect. I guarantee they make power as compared to the other brands. The downpipes are perfectly smooth on the inside, especially around the v-band flange, where most other brands have an abrupt step-down. I am waiting to get back on the dyno to see how much I picked up from the VRSF downpipes, but I can certainly feel it on the butt dyno.
Appreciate 2
      10-04-2015, 07:21 PM   #84
F80Juan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryTheLabelGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by F80Juan View Post
My VRSF fit perfect. I guarantee they make power as compared to the other brands. The downpipes are perfectly smooth on the inside, especially around the v-band flange, where most other brands have an abrupt step-down. I am waiting to get back on the dyno to see how much I picked up from the VRSF downpipes, but I can certainly feel it on the butt dyno.
Ahh very nice to hear! thank you for the post and I'm looking forward to some dyno pulls! They look like high quality pipes. Can't wait to get my set in soon
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2015, 10:19 PM   #85
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
The guys at AA just installed a set of their new DP's this past Thursday, all I can say is wow, they're perfect. I'm very satisfied and this is coming from me who would not do any DP's without the flex, I have the Akra Evo and it screams now. Good job AA!!!
AA did an amazing job with the M3/M4 products

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2015, 10:46 AM   #86
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The spring type is just so much better looking than the mesh type. Not sure why I care what the ground is looking at....
It does look fancy

Quote:
Good to know.

Quote:
Nice. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2015, 11:58 AM   #87
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
There is no draw back to oem style flex sections and our price point is lower than any flex section pipe available as well as most non flexed pipes.

Please note we also have swain costing available as an option.

Please contact any of our vendors for pricing.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 03:41 PM   #88
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post
VRSF
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words guys

Quote:
Thanks for the support, you're going to love them!
Appreciate 0