Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

05-04-2022, 11:42 PM   #1
Jonwho2
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F83 M4

Blew holesi n my Convertible Hydraulic lines. Need Advice.

I messed up pretty good. I was installing a amp and sub in my f83 today. I momentarily set the distribution block down without the top cover and it shorted out on the body. There was a pop and then some smoked at first I just thought I blew the fuse. But what actually happened was me creating a arc and burning a hole in 2 of my roofs hydronic lines.....
The roof was in 1/2 way down position, so I had to run the pump close it. It ended up closing but spewed out hydro fluid everywhere.

So I need a little advice.
1. Has anyone successfully plugged a small leak in there hydro line? I was trying maybe epoxy would work if i can get it clean enough. Just a tmp fix till i can replace the lines.
2. Can someone help me find the right part. real oem only list left and right lines. but Its a group of about 6. I need 2. Are they really $200 each?
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=54_0473

3. I ordered more hydro fluid, but not sure if the system has a way to bleed the air out? I ran the motor for about 10 seconds and lost about a 1/4 cup of fluid. I'm pretty sure I'll need to evac the air I added in.
Pictures of the crime scene

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 09:43 PM   #2
JAI///M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2018 F80  [0.00]
Well dam that sucks. Luckily you were able to get the top closed for now. Im not sure how much pressure these lines run at, but in general I would say temp repairing hydraulic lines is a bad idea and likely won't last long if at all anyways.

Depending on how bad the lines are damaged you *might be able to find a local shop that can crimp and splice repair lines for you. Check around for diesel repair shops or a/c repair shops. They likely have the proper tooling to do this or even make you new lines for less than OEM.

But at the end of the day the best route would likely be to just replace with OEM lines IMO.

Just saw you're in socal. Should have no problem finding a local shop that could make or repair what you need.
Appreciate 0