proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

02-03-2020, 06:56 AM   #23
FrozenGT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40i - Lexus NX300 F

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
I would do the entire car. For me the entire car was $4000. One thing I regret not doing is the door trim. Get that covered in PPF as well.
What's going on with the door trim? Rocks or just dings.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 09:07 AM   #24
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenGT View Post
What's going on with the door trim? Rocks or just dings.
The door trim is the black part. If you don't wash your car correctly it can get marred pretty easily. Also, I picked a few chips on the B-pillar some how -- so learn from my mistake lol.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 1
FrozenGT1116.50
      02-04-2020, 10:40 AM   #25
GoldilocksF82
Rep
Drives: 2016 6MT F82 M4

Seems very expensive to me. I got a 2-step paint correction, full front PPF (same as yours with full hood, headlights, side mirrors, etc.), and then ceramic on top of the PPF and the rest of the car. This included my wheels and calipers. I paid $2,500 total for everything and it was an amazing job.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 02:21 PM   #26
speedbird19
Ex-Lurker
Rep
Drives: Patty Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldilocksF82 View Post
Seems very expensive to me. I got a 2-step paint correction, full front PPF (same as yours with full hood, headlights, side mirrors, etc.), and then ceramic on top of the PPF and the rest of the car. This included my wheels and calipers. I paid $2,500 total for everything and it was an amazing job.
Who the heck did that job?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 02:32 PM   #27
fanatic1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 CS

Garage List
2019 M4CS  [0.00]
There is some truth to you get what you pay for here, particularly when it comes to coatings and PPF. Went all in after my last M4 got peppered pretty bad from track days.

The front end gap kills me, but I haven’t lowered .... yet
Appreciate 1
FrozenGT1116.50
      02-04-2020, 02:43 PM   #28
secretanchitman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F82 M4 6MT

Garage List
Mine was very expensive to do the entire car, but the shop I went with (Chicago Auto Pros) are arguably one of the best in Illinois. Every edge is tucked away and it’s honestly a flawless install. I also got my car ceramic coated with Modesta BC-08 for an additional $1K but it was the entire car including the wheels.

That being said, they charged just under $2000 to do the full front only (bumper, headlights, mirrors, front fenders) but I still went with full PPF. Yes I'm crazy.

OP you remind me very much of myself - I drove my car straight from the dealer to them to get PPF and ceramic coating done. I waited a while but the results were so worth it!
Appreciate 2
fanatic11018.50
FrozenGT1116.50
      02-04-2020, 03:17 PM   #29
FrozenGT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40i - Lexus NX300 F

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretanchitman View Post
Mine was very expensive to do the entire car, but the shop I went with (Chicago Auto Pros) are arguably one of the best in Illinois. Every edge is tucked away and it's honestly a flawless install. I also got my car ceramic coated with Modesta BC-08 for an additional $1K but it was the entire car including the wheels.

That being said, they charged just under $2000 to do the full front only (bumper, headlights, mirrors, front fenders) but I still went with full PPF. Yes I'm crazy.

OP you remind me very much of myself - I drove my car straight from the dealer to them to get PPF and ceramic coating done. I waited a while but the results were so worth it!
Thanks I appreciate the input. I won't be tracking the car. My local area seems have lots of little stones around the area on the road. Taking it out on back roads and so forth. I wish BMW would just offer a factor PPF package.
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2020, 03:25 PM   #30
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenGT View Post
Thanks I appreciate the input. I won't be tracking the car. My local area seems have lots of little stones around the area on the road. Taking it out on back roads and so forth. I wish BMW would just offer a factor PPF package.
In all likelihood, the PPF would frequently get damaged in transit or at dealership if they offered factory option. If they did offer it, my guess would be more likely as a dealer installed option and dealers would charge a premium and outsource to the cheapest providers they could find.
      02-04-2020, 05:36 PM   #31
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
In all likelihood, the PPF would frequently get damaged in transit or at dealership if they offered factory option. If they did offer it, my guess would be more likely as a dealer installed option and dealers would charge a premium and outsource to the cheapest providers they could find.
The dealer where we purchased my wife's M3 last year is now offering a ceramic coating for less than the local CeramicPro dealer and with a longer warranty. They announced it on their Facebook page with a link to the page on their website that explains it: https://www.bmwofescondido.com/cilaj...VERLo0nRoFewuA. It's apparently a gel, while CeramicPro is a liquid.

Our local CeramicPro shop, who also holds the franchise rights for the U.S., offers a discount for BMW CCA members and a lot of members have gotten their car coated. In 2016, after my group Euro Delivery, I and several other participants had our cars coated because we were offered a particularly good discount. I was so impressed with CeramicPro that I had the shop paint-correct my 2006 Z4 M Roadster and apply CeramicPro in 2017. That car lives in the driveway, with a cover when it's not raining, and it looks awesome! We had my wife's 2018 M3 done after redelivery.

This shop also does PPF and we got the entire front of my wife's M3 done, from the cowl and the trailing edge of the fenders forward, along with the mirrors. They also removed the factory PPF near the rear doors and applied a larger piece.

Appreciate 1
FrozenGT1116.50