Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

05-08-2021, 10:25 PM   #7085
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Yeah no kidding. I've already bumped up my amount up to $27k from $25k to accommodate the PASM, power folding mirrors and the outdoor car cover.
Add another $50

"cuff 'em clan man."

"okee doke, let me just swing around my Porsche Sport hip carry-all and get those cuffs ...."
Appreciate 6
stein_325i25083.00
Sedan_Clan25055.00
doug_9992541.50
irunalot1518.00
      05-08-2021, 11:58 PM   #7086
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Quote:
Yeah no kidding. I've already bumped up my amount up to $27k from $25k to accommodate the PASM, power folding mirrors and the outdoor car cover.
Add another $50

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

"cuff 'em clan man."

"okee doke, let me just swing around my Porsche Sport hip carry-all and get those cuffs ...."

I think I would do it just to amuse you.

I admittedly did look for Porsche driving gloves since I always drive with BMW ///M gloves (...which are very well made & stylish I might add). I didn't like the Porsche gloves, so I guess I'll be driving my Carrera while wearing ///M gloves?!?!?

Appreciate 2
GrussGott18164.00
irunalot1518.00
      05-09-2021, 12:02 AM   #7087
ra2289
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '16 F80 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Add another $50

"cuff 'em clan man."

That's awesome lol.

I thought I remembered him saying he rocks a fanny-pack. All that's needed is some all white Skechers and dad mode would be fully engaged.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 12:03 AM   #7088
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra2289 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Add another $50

"cuff 'em clan man."

That's awesome lol.

I thought I remembered him saying he rocks a fanny-pack. All that's needed is some all white Skechers and dad mode would be fully engaged.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Add another $50

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

"cuff 'em clan man."

That's awesome lol.

I have a sling bag I carry, but that's because I'm always armed and I keep a knife, extra 15-round mags, a Streamlight, a set of cuffs, etc. with me at all times when I'm off duty.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 12:08 AM   #7089
Multimodal
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i, 2018 911 T

Quote:
I admittedly did look for Porsche driving gloves since I always drive with BMW ///M gloves (...which are very well made & stylish I might add). I didn't like the Porsche gloves, so I guess I'll be driving my Carrera while wearing ///M gloves?!?!?
... driving gloves?

P.s. why spend hundreds (don’t tell me it’s thousands) on a RaceTex steering wheel if you wear driving gloves? Just get gloves with Alcantara palm pads!
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25055.00
      05-09-2021, 12:12 AM   #7090
JN1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: S211 AMG E63

I had coding done on my F80 that would close the mirrors automatically when you locked the doors. I wish all cars had that option.
      05-09-2021, 12:13 AM   #7091
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba View Post
Quote:
... driving gloves?

P.s. why spend hundreds (don’t tell me it’s thousands) on a RaceTex steering wheel if you wear driving gloves? Just get gloves with Alcantara palm pads!
Lol! ....because I'm wild like that bro.
Appreciate 1
irunalot1518.00
      05-09-2021, 02:03 AM   #7092
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
If you are worried about buy out, I would see if your dealership is willing to disclose what is the MSRP for the Carrera S when it comes to subsidized cost or at least don't jump over that price in a huge way.

Unless you already know
Sedan_Clan25055.00
      05-09-2021, 02:09 AM   #7093
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Quote:
If you are worried about buy out, I would see if your dealership is willing to disclose what is the MSRP for the Carrera S when it comes to subsidized cost or at least don't jump over that price in a huge way.

Unless you already know
I'm sure he'd tell me. Since this Porsche hook-up is a good friend of a good friend, I think he'll do everything within his control to make sure I leave that dealer in the best possible position.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 02:32 AM   #7094
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
I'm sure he'd tell me. Since this Porsche hook-up is a good friend of a good friend, I think he'll do everything within his control to make sure I leave that dealer in the best possible position.
Oh for sure.

The buyout matters a lot if you go over that price because it will jump significantly and it will not be worth it to lease at that point as your buyout will basically be the same as your finance.

If he says the MSRP has to be under 130k to be worth leasing, you basically have no choice to keep it under that price point if you are going to lease.
Sedan_Clan25055.00
      05-09-2021, 04:02 AM   #7095
No Boost
enthusiasm > practicality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 987 CS | G35x

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
🤢
That car is on the front page but with the front grilles coincidentally juuuuust out of the picture. Hmmm, maybe coincidence no longer applies with this failed design feature, even with the team of supporters who banned us.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 04:53 AM   #7096
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:

I think I would do it just to amuse you.

Something ///M does better than Porsche

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25055.00
      05-09-2021, 04:55 AM   #7097
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
... driving gloves?

The RaceTex steering wheel is ~$200...

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25055.00
      05-09-2021, 06:16 AM   #7098
Tecnniqe
Sad ///M noises
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN1 View Post
I had coding done on my F80 that would close the mirrors automatically when you locked the doors. I wish all cars had that option.
I like that I have to hold the lock button or the comfort access for a few seconds because I don't always want the mirrors to go in but it's cool you can code and customize it
Appreciate 3
swagon13518.00
Sedan_Clan25055.00
JN1300.50
      05-09-2021, 08:49 AM   #7099
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecnniqe View Post
Quote:
I like that I have to hold the lock button or the comfort access for a few seconds because I don't always want the mirrors to go in but it's cool you can code and customize it
Same here. Don't need them folded all the time.

Quote:
Quote:
... driving gloves?

P.s. why spend hundreds (don't tell me it's thousands) on a RaceTex steering wheel if you wear driving gloves? Just get gloves with Alcantara palm pads!
I'm a strong advocate for driving gloves. Always wrap it up, guys. 😎

I feel that driving becomes more of an occasion with them; turn the engine on, buckle up, put gloves on and it's like, "okay, time to concentrate." And helps keep my Alcantara clean.

The M gloves are great quality for the price. Got the Sparcos this year for the track to have more grip.
Attached Images

05-09-2021, 08:54 AM   #7100
ra2289
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Add another $50

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

"cuff 'em clan man."

That's awesome lol.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Add another $50

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

"cuff 'em clan man."

That's awesome lol.

I have a sling bag I carry, but that's because I'm always armed and I keep a knife, extra 15-round mags, a Streamlight, a set of cuffs, etc. with me at all times when I'm off duty.
I know you're armed, was more poking fun. I had a quick draw fanny-pack I wore for a hot second, couldn't stick with though lol.

Sling bags are a better, and more socially acceptable, alternative for sure.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 09:07 AM   #7101
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
... driving gloves?

P.s. why spend hundreds (don't tell me it's thousands) on a RaceTex steering wheel if you wear driving gloves? Just get gloves with Alcantara palm pads!

I feel that driving becomes more of an occasion with them; turn the engine on, buckle up, put gloves on and it's like, "okay, time to concentrate." And helps keep my Alcantara clean.

The M gloves are great quality for the price. Got the Sparcos this year for the track to have more grip.

Those are clean. I think I still have 3 more pair of unused ///M gloves. Lol! I stocked up.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Add another $50

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

"cuff 'em clan man."

That's awesome lol.

I have a sling bag I carry, but that's because I'm always armed and I keep a knife, extra 15-round mags, a Streamlight, a set of cuffs, etc. with me at all times when I'm off duty.[/QUOTE]
I know you're armed, was more poking fun. I had a quick draw fanny-pack I wore for a hot second, couldn't stick with though lol.

Sling bags are better alternative for sure.[/QUOTE]

Lol! How do you carry now?
Appreciate 1
swagon13518.00
      05-09-2021, 09:10 AM   #7102
ra2289
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
... driving gloves?

Those are clean. I think I still have 3 more pair of unused ///M gloves. Lol! I stocked up.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Add another $50

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

"cuff 'em clan man."

That's awesome lol.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Add another $50

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

"cuff 'em clan man."

That's awesome lol.

Sling bags are better alternative for sure.

I don't carry anymore. My CCW expired and I've been too lazy/busy to renew it. I'll get it back though, times being what they are.

I used a clip draw. Tried a concealed holster but that was too bulky.

The fanny was definitely more comfortable, just too strong of a dork factor for me. My wife even made fun of me and she knew I was armed.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 09:14 AM   #7103
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
... driving gloves?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Add another $50

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

"cuff 'em clan man."

That's awesome lol.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Add another $50

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

"cuff 'em clan man."

That's awesome lol.

Sling bags are better alternative for sure.

Not anymore. My CCW expired and I've been too lazy/busy to renew it. I'll get it back though, times being what they are.
Sweet! I'm a huge advocate for CCW's. ClipDraw is a good option as are minimalist design trigger guard holsters.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 02:13 PM   #7104
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

She misses her lil' gray garage buddy.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
CanAutM321116.50
irunalot1518.00
minn1914028.50
      05-09-2021, 03:53 PM   #7105
JN1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: S211 AMG E63

Quote:
She misses her lil' gray garage buddy.
😢
      05-09-2021, 04:21 PM   #7106
NSX2M4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP- RIVIAN R1S QUAD

All this Porsche stuff on here lately, I didn't realize there were so many dentists on B.P.
I wish I could fit in a 911, sigh. Carry on...
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25055.00