Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

07-24-2022, 02:57 PM   #133
Shubacca
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, E36/7 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
I use the Turner S55 OCC kit. It has two silicone hoses specific to our setup. The bracket fits right and the can is 6oz.

You don't need to install the drain. Instead you unscrew the dipstick from its' cap, this way the cap can be removed with the carbon brace still installed. A syringe with a short piece of fish tank hose goes right down the cap hole to suck out any catch.
Have you had to replace the can's o-ring yet? I failed to successfully find the correct size replacement and gave up - resorted to high temp teflon tape. I tried the ECS OCC replacement o-ring as it was the only one I could find and it was ever-so-slightly too large.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2023, 06:22 AM   #134
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
Yesterday I took apart the Turner OCC to give it some mods. Since most of my blow-by is from E30-85 the "catch" contains a lot of water. I took a ChorBoy copper scrubbie and unwound a good bit to make three small wads to stuff in the OCC's baffles. The remainder of the copper mesh was formed into a cylinder that fits into the OCC metal cup. The added surface area of cool metal should allow more moisture to be caught in the can.

Since I had an injector failure before I learned that dumped a lot of fuel into my oil. Alcohol pulls in moisture. I needed a triple oil change to get the crankcase fully flushed (no more milk showing on the fill cap). The OCC mod should help separate out any moisture that might remain.
TopJimmy Curious about the pics. The bottom of the can has those partitions in it? And do they supply wool it put in them? Also twhat type of filtration balling is in the lid? I am doing a comparison of the different designs. Most like Mishi & the previous Turner & BMS just re-brand the Chinese cans and supply pre-bent hoses and a model specific bracket. The Turner OCC is a bit of a different path. Jus trying to understand the purpose of the design
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2023, 05:34 PM   #135
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower_and_hounds View Post
TopJimmy Curious about the pics. The bottom of the can has those partitions in it? And do they supply wool it put in them? Also twhat type of filtration balling is in the lid? I am doing a comparison of the different designs. Most like Mishi & the previous Turner & BMS just re-brand the Chinese cans and supply pre-bent hoses and a model specific bracket. The Turner OCC is a bit of a different path. Jus trying to understand the purpose of the design
The top has 4 sections to catch splash and to direct the vapor down into the can. The bottom cup has no wool, but it’s not recommended. Steel or copper wool degrades from the water and particles go through the intake. It’s best to use nothing, the walls condense vapor pretty well.
Another benefit of the Turner is they supply both hoses, while the others reuse the factory PCV hose.