BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

06-14-2021, 12:28 PM   #89
m4forum
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboyE92 View Post
18x10 et 25 with a 5mm spacer. And I think it would fit without the spacer as well.
which coilover you have?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 12:50 PM   #90
bimmerboyE92
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4forum View Post
which coilover you have?
TCK DAs
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 12:58 PM   #91
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Talking

Quote:
Just to recap : my driver front last 170 laps. worn out. passenger front corded on inside with -3.0 camber. I run zero toe. I could potentially get one more weekend on passenger if had flipped it but would need new tire for driver. best case every 2 sets front would get used set passenger front.

1.5s per lap is a lot but if they last longer -> that is the balance.

Anybody with experience on Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R?
Gotcha! If the passenger inside is corded in conjunction with driver being fully worn, then sounds like they're evenly matched for replacement interval? So it's just a function of why? Maybe that was the question all along and I jumped to the wrong conclusion

Could you be getting toe deflection? Do you find yourself scrubbing speed or dragging on right handers? Have you tried dialing back on passenger camber?

Yes, agreed 1.5s is a big difference especially if you're running TT but these aren't tires for a hot lap. If just practice / open lapping, which is 90% of my time on track (~2500 track miles to date this season), I like testing myself and setup on these "slower" tires.
      06-14-2021, 12:58 PM   #92
m4forum
First Lieutenant
Rep

I have the same wheel size on front 18x10 ET25 with 10mm spacer to clear Ohlins R/T. Dont have room to go wider unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 01:50 PM   #93
m4forum
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
Gotcha! If the passenger inside is corded in conjunction with driver being fully worn, then sounds like they're evenly matched for replacement interval? So it's just a function of why? Maybe that was the question all along and I jumped to the wrong conclusion

Could you be getting toe deflection? Do you find yourself scrubbing speed or dragging on right handers? Have you tried dialing back on passenger camber?

Yes, agreed 1.5s is a big difference especially if you're running TT but these aren't tires for a hot lap. If just practice / open lapping, which is 90% of my time on track (~2500 track miles to date this season), I like testing myself and setup on these "slower" tires.
I am reducing camber on passenger side.

Not looking for TT but something that matches (performance/durability) BFG R1
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 02:20 PM   #94
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post

I am reducing camber on passenger side.

Not looking for TT but something that matches (performance/durability) BFG R1
I don't know if that tire exists. RC-1 in 275/35/18 runs wide (about the same width as BFG r1 285/30). Could run those square.
      12-08-2021, 02:58 PM   #95
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

So NASA has lowered the penalty for using Toyo RR in Time Trials which supports my experience with them. Stick to NT01 if you're considering between RR or NT01. They're not worth it.
Appreciate 1
VeloF1318.00