Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

04-07-2021, 04:41 PM   #5215
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
LOL I know, I probably sound a little irritated, but its annoying to hear the same "theory" that somehow we are sour its the new car and we don't like it bc we have the old car. Uh no, its just the new car is ugly as hell and if you think it looks good, well, you are less discerning than the rest of us lol. There, I said it nicely.

But seriously, its a really weak argument and we've already heard it from a few on here. Then again, if you really like the G8x I suppose its annoying to hear the majority of BMW fans think what you like looks like shit. So I get it goes both ways.
Appreciate 5
irunalot1518.00
NickyC17442.00
GrussGott18116.50
The_Werm212.00
      04-07-2021, 04:44 PM   #5216
MFNATIK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Anecdotal, while a true account........is still anecdotal. My long time friend/Sales Manager who has worked at/for Shelly, McKenna and now Irvine BMW feels the same way yours does and mirrored your SA's words exactly, but there are other SA's I know who like the car and have sold multiple units. We all look for confirmation bias. I just wish some people in this thread recognized theirs.
yeah, but he has a vested interest in selling cars to make a living. Of course he will say it looks good. On the other hand, my guy isn't making any money agreeing with me. Sounds like your friend is the one that is biased. But come on, just put your money where your mouth is and get into one You'll get mad props from everyone here haha
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 04:46 PM   #5217
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
Quote:
Anecdotal, while a true account........is still anecdotal. My long time friend/Sales Manager who has worked at/for Shelly, McKenna and now Irvine BMW feels the same way yours does and mirrored your SA's words exactly, but there are other SA's I know who like the car and have sold multiple units. We all look for confirmation bias. I just wish some people in this thread recognized theirs.
yeah, but he has a vested interest in selling cars to make a living. Of course he will say it looks good. On the other hand, my guy isn't making any money agreeing with me. Sounds like your friend is the one that is biased. But come on, just put your money where your mouth is and get into one You'll get mad props from everyone here haha
I barely drive my F8X as it is. I drive it once a month on average. It's not worth it to buy another car right now.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 04:52 PM   #5218
65fastback
Captain
Rep
Drives: every day

Quote:
I barely drive my F8X as it is. I drive it once a month on average. It's not worth it to buy another car right now.
Sell me your nardo gray F8x ..., I promise I’ll drive it more than once a month.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 04:55 PM   #5219
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Looks like it'd be damn close with the G8X on Cup 2. I think we'd get the same sort of subjective findings, with the GTS being the way more engaging weapon.

Not sure how many upshifts around Castle Combe, but probably just a couple of tenths lost vs. auto. Not sure if Plato was utilizing, but GT4 has no lift shift as well.

And GT4 has carbon ceramics vs. iron on G8X. Not to make a mountain out of a molehill on that point, but when we're talking tenths.

G8X is proving to be fast, fast and ugly.
The PDK-S 982 GT4 will be noticeably faster than its 6MT version and it has a lot to do with the gearing sadly. Regardless of how good the driver is, manual will be slower. Especially on the track, little things tends to matter more.

But the G8x, again, we have all known the AWD makes up for a lot of the car's issues. This has never been the issue with the car. Performance was never the issue. It is everything else with the car that is the problem.
irunalot1518.00
      04-07-2021, 04:56 PM   #5220
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
Quote:
Sell me your nardo gray F8x ..., I promise I’ll drive it more than once a month.
I just might! She's still in excellent condition with only 16,000 miles.
Attached Images

Appreciate 8
RugbyBro7600.50
swagon13506.50
heavyD^23688.50
GERMAN M34181.00
CanAutM321115.00
FormulaMMM3662.50
      04-07-2021, 05:02 PM   #5221
NSX2M4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP- RIVIAN R1S QUAD

Does it bother anyone else that a rear wheel drive car has taller side wall tires up front?
Bugs the hell out of me. I know the CS was set up like this, but it looked dumb to me too.
Almost like it's supposed to be a front wheel drive vehicle...
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24977.50
      04-07-2021, 05:08 PM   #5222
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX2M4 View Post
Does it bother anyone else that a rear wheel drive car has taller side wall tires up front?
Bugs the hell out of me. I know the CS was set up like this, but it looked dumb to me too.
Almost like it's supposed to be a front wheel drive vehicle...
I don't care for that set-up either.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 05:37 PM   #5223
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Man if only you could drive it more! Would look super mean with some partially blacked out headlights (LCI2 style)
Sedan_Clan24977.50
      04-07-2021, 05:59 PM   #5224
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera S

I'm not bitter about the GX being new, I bought the F80 5 months ago on purpose for the flexibility in modifications, track use and my need for a “daily” that I can drive on some road trips. I was shopping GT3s until the prices went above what I was willing to pay. I still plan on doing so and am considering a GT4 to “get in the door” with a Porsche dealer. I’m not in the market for another daily for a couple of years, and even if I was the GX is too big for me personally. To the point the G is just fugly, yes, it’s entertaining to laugh at it sometimes it takes the edge off a stressful day to have a few laughs with some likeminded folks. Were just a bunch of car nuts on the internet talking about a car we collectively don’t like. During that time, we have also talked about other new cars, the state of BMWs finances that may be driving their decisions, electrification, and other automotive topics that have been well thought out at the same time are personal opinions.

Let’s not turn this into some heated debate and get personal. It’s a forum and we are having a discussion, isn’t that what forum is about. I don’t remember reading a disclaimer stating that we all have to think alike when I joined, or I wouldn’t be here. If you would like to hear great things about the GX there are other threads to visit.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 06:42 PM   #5225
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
Quote:
Man if only you could drive it more! Would look super mean with some partially blacked out headlights (LCI2 style)
I just get lazy and jump in the Corolla. Lol! I haven't ridden my Panigale V4 in months.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 06:45 PM   #5226
six75LT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
They are both yellow, have four wheels and two doors. You guys are trying way too hard here to hate on the car. Yes the grill is an acquired taste but otherwise it's an improvement over the F8x in nearly every way. It's pretty normal for owners of the outgoing model to hate on it's replacement in every auto community but few put the level of effort to hate as some of you. You are entitled to it of course but it does seem strange to see a bunch of adult men have such contempt for an automobile.
have you driven it?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 07:17 PM   #5227
R N M
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
The fact that you think that G82 looks better than your current F82 🤷
I’m trying to find even one aspect - ok got it! G82 has nicer headlights lol
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 07:27 PM   #5228
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
Quote:
The fact that you think that G82 looks better than your current F82 🤷
I'm trying to find even one aspect - ok got it! G82 has nicer headlights lol
I never said better. I did say I think the G8X looks more aggressive from the front though, and much of that is attributable to the grille and hood design. I have personally felt like the last few M cars (...especially the E9X) looked soft from the front. The F8X improved upon the aggression, but without a front lip and black grilles, I still don't care for the front very much. The side/rear profiles of the F8X are great though. I don't care for the rear profile of the G8X, but I do like the side profile. The interior of the F8X is nice, but the G8X interior takes the cake. It's on another level.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 07:36 PM   #5229
NSX2M4
Major
Rep

Quote:
I never said better. I did say I think the G8X looks more aggressive from the front though, and much of that is attributable to the grille and hood design. I have personally felt like the last few M cars (...especially the E9X) looked soft from the front. The F8X improved upon the aggression, but without a front lip and black grilles, I still don't care for the front very much. The side/rear profiles of the F8X are great though. I don't care for the rear profile of the G8X, but I do like the side profile. The interior of the F8X is nice, but the G8X interior takes the cake. It's on another level.
Have to disagree. The G8X looks more aggressive from the rear in my opinion. Seen several in person. From all angles. The front and side profile doesn't not even come close to being able to call a bmw...
The laser lights, yeah man they are f'ing cool though.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 07:38 PM   #5230
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Have to disagree. The G8X looks more aggressive from the rear in my opinion. Seen several in person. From all angles. The front and side profile doesn't not even come close to being able to call a bmw...
The laser lights, yeah man they are f'ing cool though.
Our opinions vary, and that's okay. I hate the rear and you like it.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 07:42 PM   #5231
NSX2M4
Major
Rep

Quote:
I never said "like", lol. Just more aggressive than our M4's. Look at how many f'ing diffusers have been made for the F8X. It isn't a pretty rear... I'm being honest.
The G8X rear, ehhhh. But from factory, to me IS aggressive...
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24977.50
      04-07-2021, 07:45 PM   #5232
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I never said "like", lol. Just more aggressive than our M4's. Look at how many f'ing diffusers have been made for the F8X. It isn't a pretty rear... I'm being honest.
The G8X rear, ehhhh. But from factory, to me IS aggressive...
I have an aftermarket diffuser and larger exhaust tips on my F8X just to make it more visually appealing. I hate the OEM diffuser.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 07:53 PM   #5233
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

just watched gt4 vs that other thing. very good video.

It is becoming pretty clear the bmw vehicle is too big and heavy. Auto xmsn has delayed downshifts just like most autos. He also made a comment it is hard work to drive it on track. It would be good to see manual comparo also.

I can't wait to see consumables after a day at the track such as fuel burn and brake pad wear. I'd like to see a summary after 1 and 2 days or 30-50 laps.

For example, can you spend 3 days at Watkins Glen hpde and not worry about brakes? How often do you need to refuel? I am assuming cooling is sorted out.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 09:11 PM   #5234
MFNATIK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yup, and powder coat those blue calipers to Red or a better contrasting color and it would pop nicely. You know the saying with low mileage cars. They're just saving it for the next owner haha. Kinda like the other saying about having a hot GF and not banging her lol
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 09:16 PM   #5235
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
They are both yellow, have four wheels and two doors. You guys are trying way too hard here to hate on the car. Yes the grill is an acquired taste but otherwise it's an improvement over the F8x in nearly every way. It's pretty normal for owners of the outgoing model to hate on it's replacement in every auto community but few put the level of effort to hate as some of you. You are entitled to it of course but it does seem strange to see a bunch of adult men have such contempt for an automobile.
Part of the reason this thread exists is because people were immediately banned in the G8X section for less than this. But yet you are allowed to keep posting your opinions here and passive aggressive insults/trolling.

A lot of us here think the rabid fanboyism in the G8X section is a strange way to see a bunch of adult men act.
Appreciate 14
six75LT916.50
stein_325i25075.00
Sassicaia4452.00
pbar1398.50
MFNATIK3497.00
GrussGott18116.50
Arcades8162.00
ra2289303.50
irunalot1518.00
FormulaMMM3662.50
The_Werm212.00
AD18350.50
Jockey3445.00
      04-07-2021, 09:48 PM   #5236
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
Quote:
Yup, and powder coat those blue calipers to Red or a better contrasting color and it would pop nicely. You know the saying with low mileage cars. They're just saving it for the next owner haha. Kinda like the other saying about having a hot GF and not banging her lol
Oh I bang the hot chicks. They definitely move on well used. Lol! I just work a ton and don't like commuting to and from the station in the ///M. I like "not caring" about the car I commute in. The mere presence of a ding on the M4 would drive me nuts.
Appreciate 0