R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

04-16-2021, 08:18 PM   #1
E92TiAg335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 Azurite/Opal DCT

Best Detailer/paint correction in Broward/Palm Beach county? No more sketchy detailer

My car was corrected and ceramic coated (crystal serum light) a year ago. the results were AMAZING.

Recently, i discovered had some haze on my carbon fiber roof on the seem (see picture).

I wanted to take it back to my original detailer who did an AMAZING job, but he's nearly an hour and 40 minutes away (i have moved since then).

I found a guy who sold me into thinking he knew what he was doing here in Boca Raton (he wanted to remove my old crystal serum light, polish roof, apply crystal serum ultra).

Just picked my car up today and the hazey spot that he claimed he could fix was still there. Here is where it gets bad— he was trying to rush me to get to his shop because they were painting next to it. I asked him to move the car inside, but he didn't.

I get to the shop and my ENTIRE car including the roof which just got fresh Crystal Serum Ultra was covered in overspray!!!

Can this be fixed? I can't really wash the car for one more week as it needs to fully cure. I also don't know how much more polishing my roof can truly take as it was already done twice at this point.

Literally ready to go nuts!
Attached Images

04-17-2021, 06:58 AM   #2
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
I've seen youtube videos where the person sprays spray paint on their car and then buffs it off. Sounds like the paint bonded to the ceramic coating so you can probably salvage it.As far as polishing your car, you would have to get some one to measure how much clear coat you have left and go from there.

Alpine MSS Stage 2+ E30 tune|MST Intakes|VRSF Single Mid Pipe|Agency Power Intercooler|VTT Full solution crank hub fix
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 08:46 AM   #3
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera S

Call John at Advanced Auto Detailing.

https://www.advanceddetailingsofla.com/

He's the best and that's not an exaggeration. It can be fixed, he fixed much worse on one of my cars.
Appreciate 0