EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

06-02-2021, 10:19 AM   #1
godkin826
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 (F82)

Will just MPE Muffler Work With Fabspeed Secondary Cat Bypass X-Pipe

So I've been doing a lot of research on exhaust and I am trying to put together a system on a bit of a budget.

I have come across a few second hand MPE mufflers (muffler only) for a pretty good price online. However I've done a lot of reading and people mentioning that lots of time you need MPE midpipe if you want to add an aftermarket midpipe like the AA EL Midpipe.

I started looking into bolt on options and people keep mentioning the Fabspeed Secondary Cat Bypass X-Pipe. Is it possible to have the setup of stock downpipes then Fabspeed Secondary Cat Bypass X-Pipe which connects to a MPE muffler?

Or am I missing something that would not make that setup work.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 10:23 AM   #2
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M3 6MT

You NEED the MPE midpipe, the rear portion of it

S55, 2JZ, M48.00
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 10:29 AM   #3
godkin826
Rep

Ah ok, I figured it wasn't that simple... so pretty much I NEED the MPE midpipe if I want to then swap out to another aftermarket midpipe?

I take it the oem midpipe will not work with any of the aftermarket midpipes then?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 01:47 PM   #4
Javaf80
Rep
Drives: BMW F80

The MPE when optioned on a car comes in two parts the MPE Midpipe and the MPE muffler. In all f80/f82s with the MPE there is four parts to the exhaust. Downpipe (one) first midpipe with secondary cats (2) second midpipe (3) , muffler (4). When the OEM MPE is installed part 2 is cut at the dealer to slip into the MPE reusing the oem secondary cats. In order to run the MPE muffler with an AA midpipe for example you will need existing down pipes (1) AA midpipe (2), MPE midpipe cut to fit AA Midpipe (3) and the muffler (4). The fabspeed part only replaces part 2 and is not a complete mid pipe section. You can review the diagram of the accessory on RealOEM.
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2021, 02:04 PM   #5
godkin826
Rep

Thanks man, that really helps explain things better. Really appreciate the response.
Appreciate 0