Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-10-2021, 10:41 AM   #1
Schultz28
First Lieutenant
United_States
171
Rep
387
Posts

Drives: 2015 F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Campbell, CA

iTrader: (1)

New Release: BMW S55 Nostrum Stage 1 Injectors

Just came across this newly released part from Nostrum!

Seems like it will be a nice upgrade from even the EU5 injectors!

https://www.nostrumshop.com/product/...e-1-injectors/

BMW S55 NHP Stage 1 Injectors
SKU: H610-1163

1200cc/14.45 g/s Upgraded direct fuel injectors
33% Increase in fuel flow over stock
Full ethanol compatibility
Operating Pressure: 20 mpa
Direct fit No modification required
Tuning guide available with purchase of product

Application List:

F80 M3F82/F83 M4F87/M2 Competition/CS


Tuning Capabilities:

EcutekBootmod3 Coming Soon
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 11:18 AM   #2
-Eidos
Low Boost Boy (LBB)
173
Rep
213
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M2 (LBB)
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultz28 View Post
Just came across this newly released part from Nostrum!

Seems like it will be a nice upgrade from even the EU5 injectors!

https://www.nostrumshop.com/product/...e-1-injectors/

BMW S55 NHP Stage 1 Injectors
SKU: H610-1163

1200cc/14.45 g/s Upgraded direct fuel injectors
33% Increase in fuel flow over stock
Full ethanol compatibility
Operating Pressure: 20 mpa
Direct fit – No modification required
Tuning guide available with purchase of product

Application List:

F80 M3F82/F83 M4F87/M2 Competition/CS


Tuning Capabilities:

EcutekBootmod3 – Coming Soon
The EU5 S63s flow just as much if not more than these at a lower cost with warranty.

The stage 2s that they're working on will be more interesting.

EDIT: A pro for the Nostrum injectors is that the calibrations are coming to the OTS platforms like Bootmod3 so that will be convenient for people not running custom tunes. That said, would be nice to see these OTS platforms provide EU5 toggles as well.
__________________
Speedtech Stage 3 (7670) | Remus Exhaust | Wagner EVO 3 | Custom Stage 3 HPFP | EU5 M5 Injectors | Walbro 525 | EOS EKP | BendCalibration Flex Fuel Kit | MSL Thermostat | TC Kline | RKP | 3DDesign | TRE

Full E85 DI-Only 620WHP Flex Fuel tuned by BendCalibration (ECUTek) | Built by SD Garage

Last edited by -Eidos; 06-10-2021 at 11:29 AM..
Appreciate 1
      06-10-2021, 11:55 AM   #3
Schultz28
First Lieutenant
United_States
171
Rep
387
Posts

Drives: 2015 F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Campbell, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Eidos View Post
The EU5 S63s flow just as much if not more than these at a lower cost with warranty.

The stage 2s that they're working on will be more interesting.

EDIT: A pro for the Nostrum injectors is that the calibrations are coming to the OTS platforms like Bootmod3 so that will be convenient for people not running custom tunes. That said, would be nice to see these OTS platforms provide EU5 toggles as well.
Interesting. I was reading somewhere that the EU5's are a 15% increase in flow and these show 33% increase in flow. I am sure we will see some more numbers from them soon.

Either way, finally starting to get some more aftermarket fueling support. I am sure we will start to see many more injector options for these cars soon, supporting all power levels.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 12:29 PM   #4
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
1535
Rep
2,510
Posts

Drives: Scraper
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: East Oakland, CA

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultz28 View Post
Interesting. I was reading somewhere that the EU5's are a 15% increase in flow and these show 33% increase in flow. I am sure we will see some more numbers from them soon.

Either way, finally starting to get some more aftermarket fueling support. I am sure we will start to see many more injector options for these cars soon, supporting all power levels.
I've mentioned this to Brandon. These are possibly rebranded EU5s with markup pricing.

S63 EU5 = 903 g/m (15.05 g/s)
Nostrum = 867 g/m (14.45 g/s)

It's probably best to wait for an independent flow test before shelling a cool grand on these injectors. I would put this product in the same category as Ignition Projects (Okada) coilpacks unless proven otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 12:33 PM   #5
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
1535
Rep
2,510
Posts

Drives: Scraper
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: East Oakland, CA

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Eidos View Post
The EU5 S63s flow just as much if not more than these at a lower cost with warranty.

The stage 2s that they're working on will be more interesting.

EDIT: A pro for the Nostrum injectors is that the calibrations are coming to the OTS platforms like Bootmod3 so that will be convenient for people not running custom tunes. That said, would be nice to see these OTS platforms provide EU5 toggles as well.
Maybe not even a pro over traditional ISTA coding if you ever need to flash back to stock for various purposes... I can imagine a diagnostics nightmare if the injectors rely solely on a tuning flag in order for them to work correctly.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 12:45 PM   #6
-Eidos
Low Boost Boy (LBB)
173
Rep
213
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M2 (LBB)
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedPiston View Post
Maybe not even a pro over traditional ISTA coding if you ever need to flash back to stock for various purposes... I can imagine a diagnostics nightmare if the injectors rely solely on a tuning flag in order for them to work correctly.
If they are a variant of the EU5s then they'll need to be coded anyways on top of the tuning flag.
__________________
Speedtech Stage 3 (7670) | Remus Exhaust | Wagner EVO 3 | Custom Stage 3 HPFP | EU5 M5 Injectors | Walbro 525 | EOS EKP | BendCalibration Flex Fuel Kit | MSL Thermostat | TC Kline | RKP | 3DDesign | TRE

Full E85 DI-Only 620WHP Flex Fuel tuned by BendCalibration (ECUTek) | Built by SD Garage
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 01:05 PM   #7
///BMW Junkie
Captain
///BMW Junkie's Avatar
United_States
298
Rep
825
Posts

Drives: AW M4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedPiston View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultz28 View Post
Interesting. I was reading somewhere that the EU5's are a 15% increase in flow and these show 33% increase in flow. I am sure we will see some more numbers from them soon.

Either way, finally starting to get some more aftermarket fueling support. I am sure we will start to see many more injector options for these cars soon, supporting all power levels.
I've mentioned this to Brandon. These are possibly rebranded EU5s with markup pricing.

S63 EU5 = 903 g/m (15.05 g/s)
Nostrum = 867 g/m (14.45 g/s)

It's probably best to wait for an independent flow test before shelling a cool grand on these injectors. I would put this product in the same category as Ignition Projects (Okada) coilpacks unless proven otherwise.
Do you have the S55 EU6 flow figures?
__________________
Pure F82
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 05:39 PM   #8
chewbakam4
Major
chewbakam4's Avatar
641
Rep
1,060
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Malton

iTrader: (0)

They seem just M5 EU5 rebrand to me as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 11:41 AM   #9
Schultz28
First Lieutenant
United_States
171
Rep
387
Posts

Drives: 2015 F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Campbell, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedPiston View Post
I've mentioned this to Brandon. These are possibly rebranded EU5s with markup pricing.

S63 EU5 = 903 g/m (15.05 g/s)
Nostrum = 867 g/m (14.45 g/s)

It's probably best to wait for an independent flow test before shelling a cool grand on these injectors. I would put this product in the same category as Ignition Projects (Okada) coilpacks unless proven otherwise.
Well, that is kind of a bummer!

Yeah, I wouldn't spend any money on them until there is some actual tests/dyno results.

But it's still nice to see more fueling options to stay DI.
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2021, 05:58 AM   #10
CAOZKAN
Lieutenant
85
Rep
454
Posts

Drives: Austin Yellow M4
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Istanbul

iTrader: (0)

Can I buy directly EU5 s63s and install it without any tunes? I mean Bosch ones 0261500136..
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2021, 07:16 AM   #11
TopJimmy
Lieutenant Colonel
TopJimmy's Avatar
United_States
1450
Rep
1,946
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F80
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Chester County, PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOZKAN View Post
Can I buy directly EU5 s63s and install it without any tunes? I mean Bosch ones 0261500136..
No, a tune is required to run big injectors.
__________________
'18 F80 Base 6MT | Paul's E85 | Stock Turbos | Kies Hub | FBOs | 7sec 60-130 | 11.7sec 1/4mi@124
Appreciate 1
AND1_M340.50
      06-13-2021, 04:40 PM   #12
Wanted_M
Lieutenant
Wanted_M's Avatar
United_States
240
Rep
429
Posts

Drives: Frozen Blue M4CS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Norcal

iTrader: (1)

^^That blows for smog purposes as you have to flash stock map in CA, another headache.
__________________
M4CS Frozen Blue
Dinan HAS | Dinan x-pipe | Fall Line links | Hotchkis bars | K&N | Spiegler |TC Kline plates | Xpel stealth
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST