proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Closed Thread

07-16-2015, 07:30 AM   #111
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
There isn't a convertible on the planet that isn't several hundred pounds heavier than its coupe counterpart (where there is a choice). If that bugs you, you bought the wrong car.
Someone probably already made this point - but the above is not strictly true. When talking about 2-seaters, it is very common for the convertible (roadster) to weigh only marginally more than the coupe, sometimes the same, and there are even examples where it weighs less.

But for four-seat convertibles, you are correct, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilzmantis View Post
I leased it so in 2.5 years I can decide where to go next. For a $80K convertible... where else can you go with this that'll be better? Nothing I believe even compares, unless you go with the Boxster S but even with that I don't think the Porsche can match performance.
A205 C63 may prove a compelling alternative next year.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 08:09 AM   #112
997usa
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F83 M4 - Silverstone

Sounds like a troll to me too.

Love my vert. Have added some mods to love it even more. The sound isn't great when cold but once warmed up its good. But then again it depends on your point of reference. I have an eisenmann coming in today and will be installed tomorrow so I can make it my perfect.

Sell the car, if you even have it, and get a Hyundai.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 08:16 AM   #113
gjnockie
Rep
Drives: M4 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Sorry, you must be high or just trolling.

A 4 series sounds better? lol. I swear some people online are either trying way too hard to be some car critic or just simply trying too hard to get attention.

Let me ask you, what was your former car? Have you driven the car w/ Sports or Sports +? Even Efficient sounds deeper when the car is broken in after the break in service.

4 Months and only 850 miles? I received mine end of May, had it for 2 months and I have 950+ and I only drive it a day or two out of the week. I live in SoCal, I know the sun. My car barely has the AC on past 2nd bar w/ Tint. I don't believe you one bit, or you just don't know your cars.
For all of you intellectuals who are insulting and think I am a troll here is a picture of my car. The ironic thing here is I would bet that half or more of the posters on this thread don't even own a M4! So you are talking out of your asses.

To answer your question regarding my previous cars. My last car was a 2014 Porsche 991 Carrera S PDK Coupe. I also was fortunate enough to own an Orange 1M as well. In the last few years I also had a Black on Black SL63 AMG and a Black Cadillac V Wagon. In regard to your AC comment. Do you actually think that SoCal has the humidity that Florida does?

I am done.. this is my final reply to this thread. Not worth the trouble. You all can think and say whatever the hell you want. Last time I checked this is still a free country.

Name:  IMG_0281.JPG
Views: 671
Size:  151.1 KB
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 08:39 AM   #114
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Beautiful car.

But since when does one need to own a car to make a comment on a public forum? It is a free country right?

I don't own an M4 but offered some helpful advice seeing as you don't seem to know the exhaust has valves that will open at a certain level of throttle input in sport or sport +

Go out and give the car a drive with those settings and see how it sounds once the valves open. But maybe I am talking out of my ass?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 08:47 AM   #115
997usa
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjnockie
Quote:
Sorry, you must be high or just trolling.

A 4 series sounds better? lol. I swear some people online are either trying way too hard to be some car critic or just simply trying too hard to get attention.

Let me ask you, what was your former car? Have you driven the car w/ Sports or Sports +? Even Efficient sounds deeper when the car is broken in after the break in service.

4 Months and only 850 miles? I received mine end of May, had it for 2 months and I have 950+ and I only drive it a day or two out of the week. I live in SoCal, I know the sun. My car barely has the AC on past 2nd bar w/ Tint. I don't believe you one bit, or you just don't know your cars.
For all of you intellectuals who are insulting and think I am a troll here is a picture of my car. The ironic thing here is I would bet that half or more of the posters on this thread don't even own a M4! So you are talking out of your asses.

To answer your question regarding my previous cars. My last car was a 2014 Porsche 991 Carrera S PDK Coupe. I also was fortunate enough to own an Orange 1M as well. In the last few years I also had a Black on Black SL63 AMG and a Black Cadillac V Wagon. In regard to your AC comment. Do you actually think that SoCal has the humidity that Florida does?

I am done.. this is my final reply to this thread. Not worth the trouble. You all can think and say whatever the hell you want. Last time I checked this is still a free country.

Attachment 1245497
I live in NC and the humidity in summer months certainly comes close to that in FL. I drive the top down without AC and love it. If it's too hot, I put on the AC and it cools fine.... So fine that my wife puts it back on 70 as its too cold.

But if you do actually own the car, which is still in question, then sell it. You won't get much sympathy on this board as its a board for enthusiasts not bashers
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 11:40 AM   #116
sraj
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 540i 6sp; 2016 M4 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997usa View Post
I live in NC and the humidity in summer months certainly comes close to that in FL. I drive the top down without AC and love it. If it's too hot, I put on the AC and it cools fine.... So fine that my wife puts it back on 70 as its too cold.
Do you use a tint?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 12:11 PM   #117
997usa
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraj
Quote:
Do you use a tint?
Sure thing. 35% all windows except front. Front 85%
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 02:54 PM   #118
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjnockie View Post

Attachment 1245497
You're car isn't Tinted, in Florida. (Unless you have and never stated you have. Picture doesn't seem like you have)

I don't care if you do not reply or not, but all of your points you made could be fixed or your being even more anal about things then I am and that's actually hard to believe.

I was born in Taiwan in Taipei. Currently living in San Gabriel Valley, So Cal (one of the warmer parts) I know Heat and Humidity, I was quite literally born in it. Never have I put my M4 past 2 bar, even after letting it sit in the sun for 2+ hours. Granted mine is 3M Crystalline tinted. This might be a free country, you are entitled to your opinion but that doesn't mean we aren't entitled to call you out on it.

For one, you come from a 911, no shit the M4 Vert will feel hundred times heavier. Regardless of how you feel about the AC, most everyone on the boards here, who has their cars Tinted, will say they probably rarely have to turn the AC past a certain point. I said it during the tint thread, there is literally no drawbacks to tinting a car.

My point still stands, 4 months with it, you have 850+ miles only. I have around 930+ since end of May. Barely 1 month and a half and people count me having low mileage. You're drawing your 911 experience onto an M4, not a standard M4, a Vert. Not only is your comparison's off, it's off by a mile. Don't expect people here to give you sympathy if you barely have any mileage for a car that is 4 months. In Florida w/ No Tint.

Edit: Also, the funny thing is you start off with your post by insulting other owners, which is funny.

Last edited by Arcades; 07-16-2015 at 03:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-16-2015, 05:16 PM   #119
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997usa
Quote:
Originally Posted by sraj
Quote:
Do you use a tint?
Sure thing. 35% all windows except front. Front 85%
Too late now but in next car, I suggest checking out Spectra Photosync, Crystalline or something that helps block heat. Good luck with whatever you do.
      07-16-2015, 05:44 PM   #120
RowanBuds
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 3 pedal 718, G05, MkVII GTI

Quote:

I said it during the tint thread, there is literally no drawbacks to tinting a car.
Unless you live in one of the communist states that make tinting your car illegal.......(WTF is that all about?)

Le Mans Blue F80 - Munich 5-22-2015 / US 7-7-2015 / SOLD 9-17-2022
ED Recap
Arctic Grey G05 - Spartanburg 8-29-2019
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 06:01 PM   #121
/// M sa
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 MG

Regardless your too hard to please, don't get your complaints and need to take your money to another car maker that will make you happy. Yeah yeah the sound sucks, AC at 62 is not suppose to because well you should leave it at 80 and still make it cool. Dude get a clue, 62 degrees doesn't hurt you car. You sound like a spoiled little kid, get a car over 120k like your 911 and be happy and gtfo over it. Geezus H Christ with all of these stupid threads...
Appreciate 1
      07-16-2015, 06:19 PM   #122
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanBuds View Post
Unless you live in one of the communist states that make tinting your car illegal.......(WTF is that all about?)
lol seriously? Is it illegal in Russia? :P (Then again they get a lot of snow so... That will probably be like tinting windows in Alaska lol)
      07-16-2015, 07:23 PM   #123
RowanBuds
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 3 pedal 718, G05, MkVII GTI

Quote:
lol seriously? Is it illegal in Russia? :P (Then again they get a lot of snow so... That will probably be like tinting windows in Alaska lol)
NJ here - can tint back windows, but not front (driver and passenger) windows, or windshield.

Just like our ridiculous front plate laws - what am I going to do, flee a crime scene in reverse?

That one is simply a moneymaker in that it gives a great target for laser guns. The tint is "for the safety of our officers." I've no issue with the officers safety, but if I were kind of person to shoot at a cop then I doubt a tint law would prevent me from going limo black on the windows.

Le Mans Blue F80 - Munich 5-22-2015 / US 7-7-2015 / SOLD 9-17-2022
ED Recap
Arctic Grey G05 - Spartanburg 8-29-2019
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 07:32 PM   #124
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

I have an M4 convertible and it is definitely slower than the coupe and feels heavier.

But the top goes down.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread