BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

08-25-2019, 06:48 AM   #1
F82ny
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 m4

Are there any Car-o-liner experts here who can help interpret a measurement printout?

Recently had my car measured as it was preowned and I wanted to get a glimpse of its history. A BMW certified collision shop did it for me and said everything looked good and no issues. I’ve been going crazy looking online how to interpret the data sheet. The sheet is full of values from 0 to -3. I read that the tolerance is +/- 3mm. But am I looking at an individual value only or do I compare it to the other side of the car (ex: right is -2 and left is 3 so it’s a difference of 5mm)?

The Vision2 X3 software was used and I’m getting paranoid because I may see some values that look out of spec as the example above but don’t want to freak myself out if that’s not the way to interpret the sheet.

Thanks

Last edited by F82ny; 08-25-2019 at 04:29 PM..
Appreciate 0