Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

03-30-2015, 11:56 PM   #1
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

F80 and F82 Rear View Camera installation notes

When ordering a new BMW F80 or F82, the rear view cam is not a separate available option. Thanks to Bimmer-Tech.net there's a simple solution to adding the back up cam option to any late model BMW. The Bimmer-Tech OEM integration rear view camera kit http://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw-...em-integration is a direct plug and play kit so even if you have a leased vehicle this is something that you can add without worry.

The kit includes a replacement for the trunk release that houses the camera and fits just like OEM. The wiring is sufficient enough to run it along OEM wiring lines and reach the radio. The integration harness is 100% plug and play. The plug and play harness supplies power to the cam and cam module while integrating the cam video into the OEM video feed.

Once installed the kit gives you an OEM option with a simplistic none invasive install that can be easily reversed if needs be for a lease turn in. Bimmer Tech has done the hard work in designing a complete plug and play kit that gives OEM results. No cutting or splicing wires.

As stated this is a great option for a leased vehicle. The 2 vehicles pictured here are leased vehicles and the owners choose the Bimmer Tech for its none invasive plug and play install. F80 has manual and F82 DCT transmissions. Installation were done in our Orlando, FL facility. F80 owner drove from Gainesville and F82 owner from FT. Pierce. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to call me at 407-234-7464 or email me at Nelson@bimmer-tech.net

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 07:29 AM   #2
2019msportx7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 550i M Sport

Have an appointment with Nelson next Friday!! Super professional and excited to see the finished product! Any Florida people need to call Nelson!!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 11:18 PM   #3
azula
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW m4

Nelson, you have PM
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 11:34 PM   #4
atermechi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 MR

Anyone in Los Angles that can do the install ?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 11:58 PM   #5
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by atermechi View Post
Yes. We have 2 shops in the LA area that can install this for you.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 12:35 AM   #6
pnice1p
General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson@BimmerTech
Quote:
Originally Posted by atermechi View Post
Yes. We have 2 shops in the LA area that can install this for you.
what about new york????
2015 M3 Yas Marina Blue retired
2011 335 M-SPORT retired
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 03:26 PM   #7
bob330i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 330i

A couple quick questions for Nelson (say hi to Patryk for me):

1. Are the last two pics of the passenger side footwell? I'm presuming you just removed the "kickpanel" and glovebox to expose that area?

2. Where does the BT module go?

Looks ok until I get to the footwell pics. From there, it's not really clear what needs to occur from there to the head unit. Does all of that stuff (module and cut in cable assembly) go behind the head unit?

BTW, I have the kit unopened but not the car yet but wanted to prepare for the install when I do. Patryk sent me a bunch of the BMW service instructions but they're a bit out of context as they're just individual instructions for each section of the car, not necessarily tailored to this install kit process. TIA!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 09:10 AM   #8
Reach
gone baby gone
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

I'd like to see a picture of the front camera installed on the car. Where does it go and how visible is it?

The second thing that would be helpful would be a youtube overview of the operation of this. I can't see how it would tie into the OEM system, so a video would really help us understand.
      12-15-2015, 04:27 PM   #9
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob330i View Post
A couple quick questions for Nelson (say hi to Patryk for me):

1. Are the last two pics of the passenger side footwell? I'm presuming you just removed the "kickpanel" and glovebox to expose that area?

2. Where does the BT module go?

Looks ok until I get to the footwell pics. From there, it's not really clear what needs to occur from there to the head unit. Does all of that stuff (module and cut in cable assembly) go behind the head unit?

BTW, I have the kit unopened but not the car yet but wanted to prepare for the install when I do. Patryk sent me a bunch of the BMW service instructions but they're a bit out of context as they're just individual instructions for each section of the car, not necessarily tailored to this install kit process. TIA!
1. Those 2 are the passenger footwell, with the trim panel removed. You will have to remove the kickpanel and door sill scuff plates to have an install as clean and professional as his. You simply thread the camera wire to the radio area.

2. The BimmerTech module and harness go behind the radio. There's some room back there to stuff it.

There you go Nelson. I hope I got it right. Can you fab up some kicks and sails for me now? And give me your Brax amps? Please? Pretty Please?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2015, 11:31 PM   #10
nelson29
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2005 E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketBoots View Post
1. Those 2 are the passenger footwell, with the trim panel removed. You will have to remove the kickpanel and door sill scuff plates to have an install as clean and professional as his. You simply thread the camera wire to the radio area.

2. The BimmerTech module and harness go behind the radio. There's some room back there to stuff it.

There you go Nelson. I hope I got it right. Can you fab up some kicks and sails for me now? And give me your Brax amps? Please? Pretty Please?
You got it right

So you like kicks? check out or latest 10' Dynaudio kicks in a S6. crossed at 50hz......

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 12:58 AM   #11
bob330i
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

thanks for the notes. Just a couple more follow up questions:

1. Is there two pieces? One on the right and one below the glovebox (the airbag note)?

2. Did you secure the module with double sided tape/Velcro so it doesn't rattle/move?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 10:22 PM   #12
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson29 View Post
You got it right

So you like kicks? check out or latest 10' Dynaudio kicks in a S6. crossed at 50hz......
W T F!! Are those 182's or 190's?

I don't even know what's going on in that trunk. How did you fit all that stuff?? Are those 2 E1200's or 4?!

Also, what's that tiny sinfoni amp?

Oh and what's hiding under those A pillars??

You do some really nice work.

Last edited by RocketBoots; 12-17-2015 at 10:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 10:26 PM   #13
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob330i View Post
thanks for the notes. Just a couple more follow up questions:

1. Is there two pieces? One on the right and one below the glovebox (the airbag note)?

2. Did you secure the module with double sided tape/Velcro so it doesn't rattle/move?
1. 2 pieces. The right side is the kick panel. The piece under the dash/glove box is separate.

2. I wrapped mine with some thin foam gasket tape so there are no rattles. It's pretty tight back there with the harness and the module. It's not going anywhere.
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2015, 11:52 PM   #14
bob330i
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
1. 2 pieces. The right side is the kick panel. The piece under the dash/glove box is separate.

2. I wrapped mine with some thin foam gasket tape so there are no rattles. It's pretty tight back there with the harness and the module. It's not going anywhere.
Great, thanks for the confirm. I'll need to grab some foam tape.
Appreciate 0