Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

12-10-2015, 11:57 AM   #1
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

HK Sound Settings - M4

I love a great sounding cabin. Nothing sucks more than cruising around in your M car and not having a great music experience to match the drive. As such, I've been tooling with the settings, reading up on what some may have done and I believe I have finally come up with what I think is the best possible "sound stage" for me. The only caveat to this setup is that these settings are ONLY for the driver's benefit. In any other seat in the car it will sound - "ok". It's a combination of imaging, bass and "non-shrilly" treble that matches almost any kind of music I choose to play. Short from replacing all the speakers and getting a new amp - this seems to be a good solution.

I hope this helps all who try it

--------------
Logic 7 - ON
Bass/Treb - FLAT
Balance +1
Fader -2

EQ (from top to bottom):
FLAT
+2
FLAT
FLAT
--------------

Last edited by SROC3; 01-08-2016 at 02:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2015, 10:35 AM   #2
aboulfad
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 MG/SO

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
You are most likely familiar with Lincoln30 post ?

Your settings capture most of the key points, a bit though more boomy so probably not as flat. To recreate proper imaging for the driver, need to change the fader towards front and most importantly the balance. Adjusting the settings does help a bit, but the HK regardless is a disappointment...

However my experimentation has led me to a fader -3 too, instead of full towards the front. lincoln's measurement is more accurate than subjective listening but hearing is subjective to begin with ! And I realize that his measurement were for a M3, I wonder how different it'd be for a M4.

Last edited by aboulfad; 12-13-2015 at 10:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 12:17 AM   #3
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboulfad View Post
You are most likely familiar with Lincoln30 post ?

Your settings capture most of the key points, a bit though more boomy so probably not as flat. To recreate proper imaging for the driver, need to change the fader towards front and most importantly the balance. Adjusting the settings does help a bit, but the HK regardless is a disappointment...

However my experimentation has led me to a fader -3 too, instead of full towards the front. lincoln's measurement is more accurate than subjective listening but hearing is subjective to begin with ! And I realize that his measurement were for a M3, I wonder how different it'd be for a M4.
I'm well aware of his post and actually based some of my settings off of it. Fader -3 works best for my M4 setup. Moving the fader to the front gets more imaging but at the expense of having a fuller sound (more low-mid and bass). The HK system isn't great, but I find these settings make it the best possible when you're listening to wide range of music - from classical, alternative, pop to hip-hop.