Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

12-19-2015, 01:38 PM   #1
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

What is diff between Bass/Treble and setting are on Stock HU

Hey guys

Maybe someone knows this, but what's the difference between using the Bass/Treble adjustment under tone versus setting the Equalizer. I know the eq gives you finer control but my question is whether one adjustment supersedes the other or whether they work in tandem.

I.e. does setting the equalizer override the bass/treble or just provide further adjustment of the currently set bass/treble ?

Does changing the equalizer with bass at -5 have a different effect than the same equalizer settings at bass +5? And if so, what's the best way to set the equalizer? Keep the bass/treble at default then tune eq?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2015, 05:25 PM   #2
Robotechnology
RDF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80/JCW Clubman/Z4MC/STI

They work in tandem. The EQ provides further tonal adjustment. There isn't necessarily a best way. Feel free to set to taste. There is a thread in this forum with settings that people have posted that you can try though.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2015, 11:02 AM   #3
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotechnology View Post
They work in tandem. The EQ provides further tonal adjustment. There isn't necessarily a best way. Feel free to set to taste. There is a thread in this forum with settings that people have posted that you can try though.
Ok thanks for the info.. Yea, was reading that thread, and just like mentioned there, I am running into the issue of needing different settings for different sources.

Unfortunately for me, I need SatRadio for my music style, and it sounds way too boomy (WAY too much bass) if I use my iphone settings.. so I may just have to modify the tone every time I switch, which is a huge pain in the ass..

I wish they had presets or set the equalizer per source.
Appreciate 0