Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

07-25-2014, 08:09 AM   #23
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by (H) View Post
Ok, here is the update: After day one of the ///M school I can officially state that the Spartanburg facility has plenty of F8x standing around. I heard them mentioning their use on some instances.

BUT: They are definitely not part yet of the ///M school. We were only using E92s today and we were assured that there is no way that we will even get to see any of the F8x driving let alone drive one ourselves.

Absolute bummer as I was really rally looking forward to giving this car a good test drive. But ///M school of course is still awesome.

Should anything unforeseen happen tomorrow regarding the F8x, I will certainly let you know.

Even with very persistent inquiring, I couldn't even get an answer as to when they would be able to start using the F8x for ///M school. The reasoning was that they simply don't have enough yet that are past the 1200 mile mark and equipped for school (camera setup etc)
That's too bad...we used the f80 m3 over the weekend at M School, but it was a private CCA event. They didn't roll out the e90/e92 M3 since the M4 wasn't available, so the M235i was used instead.

Have fun anyway! Hopefully you'll get Donnie Isley and Mike Renner as instructors...they have the best job in the world!

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 08:24 AM   #24
Andrew115
Major
Rep
Drives: Silver Bullet

post some pics when you find them there!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 08:56 AM   #25
bdkinnh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4

Quote:
Ok, here is the update: After day one of the ///M school I can officially state that the Spartanburg facility has plenty of F8x standing around. I heard them mentioning their use on some instances.

BUT: They are definitely not part yet of the ///M school. We were only using E92s today and we were assured that there is no way that we will even get to see any of the F8x driving let alone drive one ourselves.

Absolute bummer as I was really rally looking forward to giving this car a good test drive. But ///M school of course is still awesome.

Should anything unforeseen happen tomorrow regarding the F8x, I will certainly let you know.

Even with very persistent inquiring, I couldn't even get an answer as to when they would be able to start using the F8x for ///M school. The reasoning was that they simply don't have enough yet that are past the 1200 mile mark and equipped for school (camera setup etc)
Thanks for the update - I appreciate it. Sorry to hear the F8xs aren't being used; I've already done the M School using the E92 - no point in doing it again. If they aren't being used for the class by the beginning of September, I'll have to cancel.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 01:36 PM   #26
d0o0fy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

I'm going at the beginning of August (8/9-8/10) and was looking forward to driving the M4 as it's meant to be driven. Hopefully the cars will be broken-in by then
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 12:20 PM   #27
bdkinnh
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0o0fy View Post
I'm going at the beginning of August (8/9-8/10) and was looking forward to driving the M4 as it's meant to be driven. Hopefully the cars will be broken-in by then
Just got off the phone with them. They said that they're still putting miles on them, and couldn't confirm that they'd be ready for my 9/4 - 9/5 class (so really doubtful for your class on 8/9).

In case anyone else is in the same boat, for this class or any other, they said I can cancel up to 14 days before the class for a full refund. Within 14 days, and I would be able to change to another class.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 12:41 PM   #28
dwildone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: MW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdkinnh
Quote:
Just got off the phone with them. They said that they're still putting miles on them, and couldn't confirm that they'd be ready for my 9/4 - 9/5 class (so really doubtful for your class on 8/9).

In case anyone else is in the same boat, for this class or any other, they said I can cancel up to 14 days before the class for a full refund. Within 14 days, and I would be able to change to another class.
I was told the exact same thing when I was at the PC last weekend- not enough cars there have been through break-in miles to have a full fleet for the schools so they are using the E92s still. The best commitment I could get out of Donnie Isley on when they would be using the F8x was "hopefully soon".
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 12:45 PM   #29
d0o0fy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdkinnh View Post

Well, first of all thanks for the extra effort, really appreciate it. I wouldn't mind doing the school with the E92 M3 since that's I'm driving and learning on the same platform as what I'm using can only be beneficial. I might however have a bit of an issue if the vehicle used instead is a M235i and not a proper M car.

I'll make sure to report back once I'm done.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 12:51 PM   #30
Andrew115
Major
Rep
Drives: Silver Bullet

Last weekend I stopped by to glimpse what was there for my final color choice and talked to an instructor the E9x was still being used for m school, but he told me for PDC options on F8X they had the new platform available for use.

He didn't tell me when but said they would soon phase out the E9x
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2014, 12:55 PM   #31
d0o0fy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
So, here is the scoop. I just finished the 2-day M-School and the F80 M3s are here and in use! We actually were the first 2-day school to use them. Cars were brand new with about 3000 miles on them. They were so new that the racekeeper system wasn't installed yet. The E92 M3s have been retired and are currently being reconditioned. The M4s will come a little later (not sure when). We were also told that they were planning on phasing out the M6s, probably to make room for the M4, but mainly because of the tire wear.

Overall great experience, I'm not going into too much details the school has already been discussed at length on here. The addition of the F80 was an happy surprise.

Bonus, my ride for those two days.
Attached Images

2013 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT (06/13 built) :: Melbourne Red & Fox Red/Black/Black 2-tone :: H&R Sports+ Springs :: Ground Control Camber plates :: Essex/AP-Racing Radical Pro 5000R (CP9660) Front BBK :: 275/35/18 Maxxis RC1 on OZ Challenge HLT (track)
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2014, 08:14 PM   #32
bdkinnh
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
So, here is the scoop. I just finished the 2-day M-School and the F80 M3s are here and in use!
YES!!!!!! Thank you so much for posting that! You have no idea how much I appreciate it. I was going to wait one more week and then cancel if they hadn't at least started using the new M3; I'd love to try the M4 since that is what I'm considering, but the M3 is so close to it I can decide using just that.

Will (now) be attending the 9/4 - 9/5 class. Getting psyched.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 10:45 AM   #33
d0o0fy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
YES!!!!!! Thank you so much for posting that! You have no idea how much I appreciate it. I was going to wait one more week and then cancel if they hadn't at least started using the new M3; I'd love to try the M4 since that is what I'm considering, but the M3 is so close to it I can decide using just that.
I knew a lot of people were impatient to know when the F80 would be in use. I don't think the difference between M3 and M4 warrants cancelling for the beginning of September. You will get to see all the different colors first hand, as well as some options. Most of the cars are loaded and they all have the CCB.

Quote:
Will (now) be attending the 9/4 - 9/5 class. Getting psyched.
Enjoy. Say hi to Tommy for me he was our lead instructor and a great guy. The whole team is great actually. Make sure to push as hard as you can, the limit on those cars is way higher than what you would expect. Even over 2 days, the time is so limited that if you don't start every session at 10/10 right away you might not get to reach any of those limits within the time available. Just my $0.02
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 12:22 PM   #34
bdkinnh
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
You will get to see all the different colors first hand
Did they have a sakhir orange?

Quote:
Make sure to push as hard as you can, the limit on those cars is way higher than what you would expect.
This will be my second time through the M school, so I'm familiar with it. My favorite was getting the M6 to 130 on the straights...
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 02:35 PM   #35
d0o0fy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Did they have a sakhir orange?
Yes. We had Alpine White, Sakhir Orange, Austin Yellow, Silverstone Silver and the one I was driving was in the Tudor United Sportscar livery.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 11:38 PM   #36
Fun of it
Private
Rep
Drives: 1995 M3 Dakar Yellow

Garage List
1995 BMW M3  [0.00]
Here's an article featuring the F80's now being used for the 2 day M school.

https://www.bmwcca.org/news/club-two...ol-shines-rain

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 12:37 PM   #37
d0o0fy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun of it View Post
Here's an article featuring the F80's now being used for the 2 day M school.

https://www.bmwcca.org/news/club-two...ol-shines-rain

Yup that was our group. I need to contact Jackie and tell her to us the proper pictures instead of the E92s.
Appreciate 0