ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

02-07-2019, 06:40 AM   #1
Jstyle
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Can I code on Blind Spot Detection and Speed Limit Info?

Hey this is my first post so HELLO everybody. I recently bought a 2016 ZCP M3 with Exec package.

For some reason I thought Exec package included all of the things that come along with the Driver Assistance package. The only thing that I care about in the assistance package is the blind spot detection and maybe having the speed limit in my HUD.

I can see in the side view mirrors where the triangle is that would warn me of someone being in my blind spot. Is there any way to turn that on since I assume I have the sensors in there from parking assist and everything with the Exec package? Any chance on the speed detection?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 08:21 AM   #2
dont_Mistak3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 AW/SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstyle View Post
Hey this is my first post so HELLO everybody. I recently bought a 2016 ZCP M3 with Exec package.

For some reason I thought Exec package included all of the things that come along with the Driver Assistance package. The only thing that I care about in the assistance package is the blind spot detection and maybe having the speed limit in my HUD.

I can see in the side view mirrors where the triangle is that would warn me of someone being in my blind spot. Is there any way to turn that on since I assume I have the sensors in there from parking assist and everything with the Exec package? Any chance on the speed detection?
You might think you have the triangles but there's really nothing there

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1454059

Check that thread out. You most likely just have the black triangles (nothing is really there)

You will need new mirrors and whatever other hardware is involved. Don't know what other coding/HW is involved but I'm with you I also have ZEC and wish I had gotten the driver assistance plus.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 03:59 AM   #3
Jstyle
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower95 View Post
You might think you have the triangles but there's really nothing there

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1454059

Check that thread out. You most likely just have the black triangles (nothing is really there)

You will need new mirrors and whatever other hardware is involved. Don't know what other coding/HW is involved but I'm with you I also have ZEC and wish I had gotten the driver assistance plus.
Well that’s not what I wanted to hear but thanks for the help all the same.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 01:24 AM   #4
LongRuf
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstyle View Post
Well that’s not what I wanted to hear but thanks for the help all the same.
Check this out from the F30 thread - Should be the exact same thing.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1238969

Part numbers may be different on the mirror part (electronics inside mirror, etc.) but the radar pieces should be the same. Can always look at realoem.com to see what numbers may differ.
Appreciate 0