BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

02-09-2019, 05:14 PM   #1
CrossyN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

New BMW Configurator?

Am I missing something, the "build your BMW" configurator used to have a 360 degrees preview with easy to read presentable information.

But within the last few weeks or so it's changed to an absolute crap show, the preview pictures are static and only show half a car, the options are terribly presented in far too big wonky tiles, difficult to read, is there a trick to making this be actually the same or better than the configurator it replaced?
I used to enjoy casually looking through engines and options for all kinds of BMWs but I can't bear to use this now, it's absolutely gash
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2019, 08:54 AM   #2
M444 RWP
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFI View Post
Am I missing something, the "build your BMW" configurator used to have a 360 degrees preview with easy to read presentable information.

But within the last few weeks or so it's changed to an absolute crap show, the preview pictures are static and only show half a car, the options are terribly presented in far too big wonky tiles, difficult to read, is there a trick to making this be actually the same or better than the configurator it replaced?
I used to enjoy casually looking through engines and options for all kinds of BMWs but I can't bear to use this now, it's absolutely gash
I noticed this too, struggling to find the good one they had a few months ago?! Could mess about with all the colours and spec choices
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 06:14 PM   #3
AD18
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Azurite Black E92 335i DCT

Can't even look at all the colour options on my screen as most of it is off screen, hugely frustrating to use! They are way behind compared to some of the other slick configurators out there, Porsche being one that springs to mind.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 02:48 PM   #4
swissfraser
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F13 640d

This one still works ok for me
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 08:12 AM   #5
CrossyN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

What the heck, I had no idea that one even existed! Why is this not linked anywhere obvious on the BMW website!
Appreciate 0