EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

02-16-2019, 06:26 PM   #1
PaulM4
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Need Help : Curb rash on wheel

Hi friends, Any one know a good wheel repair shop in San Diego area ? My wife just hit a curb couple days ago . Thanks in advance
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 07:29 PM   #2
3dProphet
Registered
Rep
Drives: 04 330i Zhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulM4 View Post
Hi friends, Any one know a good wheel repair shop in San Diego area ? My wife just hit a curb couple days ago . Thanks in advance
I went through this last year with the same 437m black wheels. I talked to all the major players in wheel repair in San Diego and a few in LA and none of them could guarantee a perfect match.

BMW has a pretty unique process for the finish on these wheels, the wheel is powdercoated black then the front face is machined then the whole thing is sprayed with a tinted clear. So you get the turned metal with a dark smoke over it.

All 4 of my wheels were rashed from a previous owner and tires were shot so I ended up just buying a set of takeoff wheels with tires and came out of the deal ok. If you are super particular like me then you may just want to look for a replacement from someone on the forums.

If you really want to try to get it repaired these are the places I would talk to:

American Factory Wheel (Mission Gorge)

Velvet touch (Escondido)

Son Tran on-site wheel repair (Orange County - mobile)

PM me if you want any more info, I talked to a few other shops but these are the ones I was leaning towards if I had decided to actually attempt repair.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 09:24 PM   #3
AW M4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 ///M4

Worth the drive and go to On Site wheels. Son is an artist when it comes down to wheel repair. Pricing is fair and work is always flawless.

https://yelp.to/qTKq/BQKXlRd3mU
Appreciate 1
PaulM412.00