R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

02-17-2019, 02:50 AM   #1
mbj666
Private
Rep
Drives: M4 CP - Frozen Black

Fitting REMUS Or M4 Comp Exhaust q's

hi all,

been looking at either a Remus OR M4 performance exhaust for some time now and have couple of questions

- car is currently PPP financed (though i intend to purchase at end)
- therefore based on above can you swap back exhausts to original (i know can with remus M4 performance am not sure)
- will warranty be invalidated
- know the m performance exhaust is prone to cracking, what should i be looking for in the later version which rectified this (know was an extra bracing/plate fitted?)
- any where able to hear an m performance exhaust in real world

sorry so many questions and if all been asked before

thanks

mat
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 10:10 AM   #2
mitch32
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbj666 View Post
hi all,

been looking at either a Remus OR M4 performance exhaust for some time now and have couple of questions

- car is currently PPP financed (though i intend to purchase at end)
- therefore based on above can you swap back exhausts to original (i know can with remus M4 performance am not sure)
- will warranty be invalidated
- know the m performance exhaust is prone to cracking, what should i be looking for in the later version which rectified this (know was an extra bracing/plate fitted?)
- any where able to hear an m performance exhaust in real world

sorry so many questions and if all been asked before

thanks

mat
I love my Remus (have a Remus midpipe too), my buddy has the m performance we’ve both been in each other’s cars 50+ times. The Remus is abnoxiously loud, both cars are competition pkg. The Remus in efficient mode though is quieter, the Remus is less raspy when warmed up and more raspy at startup. If you do not get a midpipe for the Remus you need to cut the original it is reversable BMW sells special clamps, the m performance you also need to cut and there is no midpipe that works bolt-on with the bmw m performance. Warranty is still valid, just don’t remove the downpipes and even then u shouldn’t void warranty. You can probably hear the m performance at the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 10:42 AM   #3
mbj666
Private
Rep
Drives: M4 CP - Frozen Black

cheers for info
Appreciate 0