ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

01-17-2019, 05:50 AM   #1
Race82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Technical Question about F8X ///M Diff

Does anybody know what % of lock on the rear wheels the stock OEM Diff has when using sport plus (all) and traction fully off?

The M4 GT4 Drexler Motorsport Diff uses the same ratio as OEM but locks the rear wheels at 60% using a 40 degree ramp angle.

I’m keen to know what the stock Diff locks the rear wheels at (or even the % range of lock if it adjusts due to traction control) when under load e.g like at the track?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 07:13 PM   #2
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by awbmw View Post
Does anybody know what % of lock on the rear wheels the stock OEM Diff has when using sport plus (all) and traction fully off?

The M4 GT4 Drexler Motorsport Diff uses the same ratio as OEM but locks the rear wheels at 60% using a 40 degree ramp angle.

I’m keen to know what the stock Diff locks the rear wheels at (or even the % range of lock if it adjusts due to traction control) when under load e.g like at the track?
The M differential's lockup is fully variable, depending on what its computer decides is optimal for a given scenario it can lock anywhere between 0 and 100%.

I believe the GT4's Drexler-manufactured diff is not an active differential but I may be wrong. I didn't think the GT4 class would allow active differentials but from skimming their rules it looks like the regulation is pretty open regarding diffs, only saying it should stay close to the factory car's setup.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 04:54 AM   #3
Race82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
The M differential's lockup is fully variable, depending on what its computer decides is optimal for a given scenario it can lock anywhere between 0 and 100%.

I believe the GT4's Drexler-manufactured diff is not an active differential but I may be wrong. I didn't think the GT4 class would allow active differentials but from skimming their rules it looks like the regulation is pretty open regarding diffs, only saying it should stay close to the factory car's setup.
🤔 Thanks, I wonder how good the stock Diff is at determining optimal lock vs a drexler that has a fixed ramp angle when getting power down or stopping on the track
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 04:47 AM   #4
MPOOR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 / WHITE

interested in purchasing Drexler diff ~ but can't find any post on the forum, who installed it
on F8X M cars.
      02-15-2019, 05:37 AM   #5
fertech
Beast M ode
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by nysid2007 View Post
interested in purchasing Drexler diff ~ but can't find any post on the forum, who installed it
on F8X M cars.
Check here, sorry it is only in German
http://www.limitedslip.de/service/einbau_drexler_m4.html
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 08:36 PM   #6
MPOOR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 / WHITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertech View Post