BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

12-12-2019, 06:46 PM   #23
Jauxy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauxy View Post
I am new to the forum, so not fully introduced to it, why have you got ants in your pants it isn't that deep, its my question my query just jog on if you dont have an opinion on either of the cars...
I have both, a 2016 M4 and my wife has a 2018 M3 CP. I've compared both of them and have posted on this several times, which you would have seen if you weren't too lazy to search. Why should I waste my time giving my opinion again, when you apparently can't take any time to search? You see how that works? No one likes it when someone new shows up and starts asking questions that have been asked and answered many times before. Every forum I've ever been on has a Search function. Learn how to use it instead of bashing someone who's trying to educate you.

See this:
I dont have time to watch silly videos, Your just desperate for some attention. Some people may not have had the chance to express their opinions previously or may have missed the post or may just be new like me... so heres a chance for them to express their opinions on the cars. If "No one likes repeated questions" I'm sure you wouldn't be the only one winging. You seem very agitated lol its just a post, get over it and go for a drive in your wifes m3 Repeated questions or not I will post what ever I wish (in regards to Bimmers) and I may repost this same question again 6 months down the line for the new joiners... Keep jogging...
      12-12-2019, 08:25 PM   #24
avantix
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4CS Lime Rock Grey

You can't go wrong with either. I had an F80 M3 for 3 years and now I'm in an M4CS. Took a few days to get used to the two missing doors and the missing clutch pedal but I agree like others have stated that it does feel sportier. The M3 hips are a force to recon with however the M4 just feels more like a sports car sitting a little lower to the ground. I've also grown to love the bigger coupe doors and bigger windows. If the M4 had the M3 hips it would be uncontested.
drgmt984.50
      12-12-2019, 08:59 PM   #25
CarbonAlpine
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M4

Quote:
Quote:
I am new to the forum, so not fully introduced to it, why have you got ants in your pants it isn't that deep, its my question my query just jog on if you dont have an opinion on either of the cars...
I have both, a 2016 M4 and my wife has a 2018 M3 CP. I've compared both of them and have posted on this several times, which you would have seen if you weren't too lazy to search. Why should I waste my time giving my opinion again, when you apparently can't take any time to search? You see how that works? No one likes it when someone new shows up and starts asking questions that have been asked and answered many times before. Every forum I've ever been on has a Search function. Learn how to use it instead of bashing someone who's trying to educate you.

See this:
Quote:
Quote:

See this:
I totally agree with this.

"Hey I'm new and want someone to guide me as to what car to buy. Don't know how to use the search function but clearly I know how to post a thread"

What do you think will come out of this? Everyone has their own opinion. Know what your needs require and stop trolling.

And judging by your other threads you have serious issues making decisions for yourself.
Previous BMW: E36 Reiger Custom Green vert E46 ///M3 Cabonblack vert E46 ///M3 AW vert E63 645ci AW Coupe E92 ///M3 AW E93 ///M3 SG Vert
Appreciate 2
SD ///M42992.00
///JPL3.00
      12-12-2019, 09:34 PM   #26
Jauxy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonAlpine View Post
Quote:
Quote:

See this:
Quote:
Quote:

See this:

"Hey I'm new and want someone to guide me as to what car to buy. Don't know how to use the search function but clearly I know how to post a thread"

What do you think will come out of this? Everyone has their own opinion. Know what your needs require and stop trolling.

And judging by your other threads you have serious issues making decisions for yourself.
Lol here comes his buddy, Im taking opinions on the car I am set on the m4 tbh from start, its called taking opinions and creating convo. Doesn't necessarily mean im looking for a decision or cant make a decision because I put a question mark, im creating chat, getting use to the forum... You guys are the ones who's got issues crying over a thread which has been repeated lmao seriously you guys need to get a life. I do like to take opinions to make some decisions. Not everyones the same. After all the forum is here to help, give information & potentially help make decisions... P.s Ill be posting a pic of my all new M4 cab shortly. Stay Tuned lol
      12-18-2019, 04:11 PM   #27
j2dad5389
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonAlpine View Post

Nothing to do with the argument, but what's the big deal on posting new threads? If everyone just searched all the time the boards here would be dead. I'm all for new threads and igniting conversations with people on here. I'd take an active board with the same questions over and over rather than no activity at all and dead boards any day.
Appreciate 7
      12-18-2019, 04:21 PM   #28
Tall Tom Cruise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2dad5389 View Post
Nothing to do with the argument, but what's the big deal on posting new threads? If everyone just searched all the time the boards here would be dead. I'm all for new threads and igniting conversations with people on here. I'd take an active board with the same questions over and over rather than no activity at all and dead boards any day.
Precisely... After all, this is a forum and that's what forums are for.

Some people just have nothing going on in their life and get off by telling people to hit the search button. All while being condescending and adding absolutely 0 value to the thread.

OP: if it helps, I opted to order the M4 because I'm 25 and realized I will likely require a 4-door down the road in life. I think the M4 is more badass and fits well with the younger crowd, although I do have flashes of brief regret every time I see the M3's rear fenders in the wild.
Appreciate 4
      12-18-2019, 04:28 PM   #29
elitex
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M8C Coupe, 21 X5MC

Garage List
Owned both. Definitely get an M4.
21 X5M MBB, 20 Evora GT, 20 C63S Coupe,19 X5 50i, 18 Giulia QV, 18 M5, 17 Evora 400, 18 LX570, 17 GT350,18 M4 Comp,17 R8 V10 ,17 M3 Comp,17 GT350,16 Escalade Plat ESV, 16 570S,16 911 GTS,15 M5, 15 LX570, 13 M5,13 Viper,14 Cayman S,13 M3,13 S4,10 RX8,12 A4,10 G37, 04 Mini Cooper S, 08 Scion TC, 06 Altima V6, 05 Altima, 01 Altima, 00 Altima, 94 Explorer, 92 Toyota Pickup, 98 Altima
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 09:45 PM   #30
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Both are great cars. If you are regularly going to have rear seat passengers the M3 makes a lot of sense. I have probably had rear seat passengers in my M4 no more than a handful of times. When I need to carry passengers I take my Cayenne GTS of my 750Lix.

Lately my most frequent passenger has been a Newfoundland so I have been driving the Cayenne a lot.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 08:24 AM   #31
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

M3 for sure.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 08:36 AM   #32
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
M3 vs. M4

IMO, the coupe is sexier if you don't need to carry more than two people often. But, as others have said, can't go wrong with either. I do find the longer doors on the M4 make it easier to get in/out as I get older.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 09:32 AM   #33
RichardGM4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 M3 CS

I was looking to buy a new M3 in March this year but they are no longer available from UK dealerships due to the new emissions levels, which BMW decided not to commit to for the M3 so removed it from sale.

I did test drive the M3 they had in the dealership however, as well as the M4 and even though I didn't have the choice of the M3, I preferred the feeling and look of the Coupe so bought it.

I've always loved the M3 but glad I went for an M4 and will almost certainly buy the next model when it comes out in 2021.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 11:27 AM   #34
canukgtp
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

M3 was a no brainer for me...I've always preferred 4 doors and with 2 kids I get to use it a lot more because of practicality...

I find the sedan looks meaner than the coupe...the coupe has a sportier look, more elegant
2011 E90 335xi (lease up)
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 11:39 AM   #35
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Neither. For a weekend only car I would want something much more focused and not an everyday driver like an M3 or M4.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 11:47 AM   #36
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: DV F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Neither. For a weekend only car I would want something much more focused and not an everyday driver like an M3 or M4.
My daily is the countryman, my weekend is the f80 lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 1
TrauCon59.50
      12-19-2019, 12:22 PM   #37
TrauCon
Private First Class
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 AlpineWhite

M3.
If you look at the rear light, there's a separation of a smaller light in the trunk lid, then a bigger light housing on the body. Similar to the E46, F80 M3 has that. That is one of the best thing on the M3 rear vs the M4 for me. M4 doesn't - it is a continuous line from the piece on the trunk lid to the piece on the body. Plus the rear on the M3 is much better looking versus the M4. Just my opinion

For those who said this has been asked many times before, and asked the OP to search, well things may change over the years as new cars' designs may affect our opinion, and many other reasons.
You've reminded me about questions on Amazon. Once in a while I saw a question on an item like: "How is this .../ What is this ..etc" and then there were answers along the line of: Sorry I didn't buy it so I dont know. Hahahaha. There is no need to answer to a question on an item one didn't buy. There is no need to click on a post that one didn't like.
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2019, 02:11 PM   #38
unrealeck
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

If you don't need the extra doors, the coupe looks better. It looks sleeker and sportier.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 08:24 PM   #39
M3ILANA
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E36

I honestly can't figure out how anyone can favor M4. M3 boxier, wider shape, practicality and uniqueness of a 6MT sports sedan with >400hp and a baby car seat in the back. What other sedan offers that? Sport coupes are a dime a doze and F82 isn't as slick as E92 M3 was in relation to E90. thanks for making this thread it was fun! Make another one in few months just to f with the forum nazis
Appreciate 1
gatorfast4994.50
      12-19-2019, 08:44 PM   #40
SenorRoadRage
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 BSM F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tom Cruise View Post
Precisely... After all, this is a forum and that's what forums are for.

Some people just have nothing going on in their life and get off by telling people to hit the search button. All while being condescending and adding absolutely 0 value to the thread.

OP: if it helps, I opted to order the M4 because I'm 25 and realized I will likely require a 4-door down the road in life. I think the M4 is more badass and fits well with the younger crowd, although I do have flashes of brief regret every time I see the M3's rear fenders in the wild.
Also 25 and seizing the opportunity to have a sports car with 2 doors while I can before I have a family.

Also coming from driving a truck last and was always the chauffeur. Now I have a decent excuse not to drive everyone everywhere.
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2019, 10:13 PM   #41
RustySeatbelt
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 ZR1

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
I'll vote for the M3. I love the hips, but am also partial to sport sedans in the same way others are partial to hot hatches. It's just strangely satisfying for me to take a 4 door around the track, then going home and putting two car seats back in.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 11:11 PM   #42
henrylee
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 6MT

I second M3 for the hips.
      12-19-2019, 11:45 PM   #43
gs1403
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 F82 6MT

The M3's flared arches are nice, but the M4's wide quarters are much more aggressive to me. They give the car so much visual width, I love seeing that fat ass every time I'm behind a M4. Also love the sleeker coupe body. 3 Series sedans are really a dime a dozen and M3s kinda blend in to me.
2023 G82 M4 Competition / Dravit Grey Ind. / Silverstone/Black Full Merino / Carbon Fiber trim / Bi-color 826M / Executive / M Carbon Ceramic Brakes / Icon Adaptive LED Headlights / M Shadowline Lights / M Carbon Exterior
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 12:13 AM   #44
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir M4

M3 all day. People who say the M4 are wide and look mean must be dreaming. Comparing the M3 to a 3 series is no different than the M4 with a 4 series that has mperformance parts cause they look identical, can't tell how many times I've mistaken one for an M4. When you see the M3 there's no mistaking it for a 3 series. M4 looks way too long, why do you think people on instagram edit pics to make the car look short in pics?
Appreciate 3
c12h231.00
RWSM348.50
gatorfast4994.50