ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

08-17-2021, 09:19 PM   #11045
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

GrussGott I bought a car the other day ending my 1.5 year streak. Let's see if you can beat it.
Appreciate 2
minn1914070.50
GrussGott18198.00
      08-17-2021, 09:27 PM   #11046
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Took my M3 in yesterday to get the diff seal replaced (was part of the deal in buying it), they gave me a fantastic 2021 750ix loaner car. White with white interior and 300 miles on it. Driving that thing for awhile, wow what a machine. Yes the grills are giganormous, but the rest of the car is just sensational. The power from that turbo V8 is something else, it feels every bit as fast as the G82 I had. Simply amazing for a car that size (and boy is it a huge car lol).

I hope they take the time with the seal on my F80.

Vorsteiner diffuser arrived today for the F80 as well. Lip, side skirts, and CS spoiler should be here tomorrow. Hopefully get all on Saturday!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 09:30 PM   #11047
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
GrussGott I bought a car the other day ending my 1.5 year streak. Let's see if you can beat it.
Don't leave us hanging, what'd you end up buying?
Appreciate 2
minn1914070.50
GrussGott18198.00
      08-17-2021, 10:22 PM   #11048
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba View Post
Quote:
So it has come down to "I don't care, stop talking to me about it and do what you want." Local dealership is also calling asking for an answer. I'm down to:

1. 2019 Ford Shelby GT350 in Ford Performance Blue with 15k miles, two owners, a year of bumper to bumper warranty, 3 years of powertrain warranty, Recaros + Carbon Fiber Interior + Technology Package (B&O sound system, touchscreen navigation with Apple CarPlay, blind spot alert). Great condition (no scratches) and recently serviced with 4k mile old Michelin PS4S tires. Prior owner works at the dealership and traded it in for an employee lease on an Audi S6. $62K.
2. 2016 Porsche GT4 in Black with 18k miles, two owners, 9 months of Porsche CPO warranty remaining, LWBS + leather interior with platinum stitching + big fuel tank + 2-zone auto climate + luggage net + smoking package + Sport Chrono w/ Porsche Track Precision App + SiriusXM + black wing supports + navigation. Full PPF. Replaced front rotors and brakes last year ($3K), recent oil change. Owner is selling to make room for a GT3. $90K plus $2K to ship it to California (or expenses for a great road trip).

Love both options. Both cars are great examples of what they are. I'm almost down to flipping a coin, which means I should probably go for the GT350 since the GT4 is a full 50% more expensive.
So quick update for anyone interested in my car story:
  • I followed up with the seller of the 2016 GT4 and he had already agreed to sell the car to someone else for $2500 more than my offer.
  • Porsche Monterey thought I was joking when I asked if they'd add CPO to the $99K GT4 if I paid their asking price.
  • A like-new 2019 Cayman GTS with bucket seats being sold private party locally here in San Francisco sold for full asking ($86K) which was about $5K above what I was comfortable spending on a 2.5L.
  • A dealer in Michigan completely refused to budge on a 2018 Cayman GTS they have listed for $14K more than a comparable example that recently sold at Porsche Bellevue. Literally the only difference was GT Silver vs. Sapphire Blue and they told me to pound sand.
I have an offer out to a broker representing a well-documented lightly-used black 2016 GT4 in SoCal with 9500 miles, buckets and steel brakes. If that doesn't pan out for my offer price I could probably pick up a 2016 Cayman GTS with 13K miles for $70K but looking at Bring a Trailer results over the last 24 months that still feels like an inflated price (even though it's down from $80K initially). So if the GT4 doesn't pan out I am going to close the deal on the 2019 GT350 and grow a mullet. There's another GT350 owner signed up for the BMWCCA HPDE at Thunderhill later this month so we will get red flagged for sound together (stock GT350s can exceed Thunderhill's 103 dB limit).

P.s. I went to Carmax last night and was able to sit in a 718 Cayman S, 981 Cayman GTS, ND Miata, Toyota 86, Nissan 370Z, Mustang GT, C7 Corvette Z06, Charger R/T Scat Pack, F82 M4, Lexus LC500. The 981 CGTS with deviated stitching, extended leather, alcantara and 18 way Sports Plus seats was definitely the nicest to be in. The 370Z was atrocious - it felt ancient. The 86 felt cheap. The Miata felt small. The LC500 was less impressive in person than on video. The M4 was nicer than I expected - which is kind of funny because I've owned 4 3 Series (including an F30 right now) and 2 other BMWs. After sitting in so many other things it felt familiar and high quality.
We told you to move fast if you find one that looks good enough. All those cars sell immediately at asking or higher. You need to set up a Google alert for new listings or something like that.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 2
Arcades8214.50
Sedan_Clan25222.00
      08-17-2021, 10:24 PM   #11049
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peertwelve View Post
I check in over there every so often. Lots of talk about $10k paint protection packages and color choices, not so much about driving the cars
///AVM used to post about driving the car and then they banned him.
What!? How did he get banned? Doesn't he own a G8X? Like what did he post that was considered site ban worthy? The only people that I know that were banned from the site was two of our own, Yoda and F80er.

Speaking of people who haven't been on in a while, the moderator Mkoesel has been MIA for about a month…
He was banned because he posted a bunch of Qanon BS in some threads and made political attacks in the G8X section.
Wow I'm glad I stop paying attention to the G8X threads

Last edited by RugbyBro; 08-17-2021 at 10:42 PM..
Appreciate 6
stein_325i25158.50
minn1914070.50
Tecnniqe4197.00
irunalot1518.00
      08-17-2021, 10:34 PM   #11050
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2021, 10:37 PM   #11051
Tecnniqe
Sad ///M noises
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Nissan Z is revealed.

dmk08 what is it?

stein_325i yes unfortunately it is the EV capital.
It does give me a weird satisfaction to watch a Tesla wreck every now and then however.
Appreciate 2
      08-17-2021, 10:40 PM   #11052
stein_325i
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecnniqe View Post
It does give me a weird satisfaction to watch a Tesla wreck every now and then however.
My condolences, not only is your country probably gonna force EV's on you sooner than others, but even worse, you're gonna be seeing more beaver grills than anyone in here in the form of i4's and iX's very soon.
Appreciate 3
      08-17-2021, 11:02 PM   #11053
Tecnniqe
Sad ///M noises
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Took my M3 in yesterday to get the diff seal replaced (was part of the deal in buying it), they gave me a fantastic 2021 750ix loaner car. White with white interior and 300 miles on it. Driving that thing for awhile, wow what a machine. Yes the grills are giganormous, but the rest of the car is just sensational. The power from that turbo V8 is something else, it feels every bit as fast as the G82 I had. Simply amazing for a car that size (and boy is it a huge car lol).

I hope they take the time with the seal on my F80.

Vorsteiner diffuser arrived today for the F80 as well. Lip, side skirts, and CS spoiler should be here tomorrow. Hopefully get all on Saturday!
Mad
Appreciate 1
NickyC17654.00
      08-17-2021, 11:02 PM   #11054
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Quote:
So it has come down to "I don't care, stop talking to me about it and do what you want." Local dealership is also calling asking for an answer. I'm down to:

1. 2019 Ford Shelby GT350 in Ford Performance Blue with 15k miles, two owners, a year of bumper to bumper warranty, 3 years of powertrain warranty, Recaros + Carbon Fiber Interior + Technology Package (B&O sound system, touchscreen navigation with Apple CarPlay, blind spot alert). Great condition (no scratches) and recently serviced with 4k mile old Michelin PS4S tires. Prior owner works at the dealership and traded it in for an employee lease on an Audi S6. $62K.
2. 2016 Porsche GT4 in Black with 18k miles, two owners, 9 months of Porsche CPO warranty remaining, LWBS + leather interior with platinum stitching + big fuel tank + 2-zone auto climate + luggage net + smoking package + Sport Chrono w/ Porsche Track Precision App + SiriusXM + black wing supports + navigation. Full PPF. Replaced front rotors and brakes last year ($3K), recent oil change. Owner is selling to make room for a GT3. $90K plus $2K to ship it to California (or expenses for a great road trip).

Love both options. Both cars are great examples of what they are. I'm almost down to flipping a coin, which means I should probably go for the GT350 since the GT4 is a full 50% more expensive.
So quick update for anyone interested in my car story:
  • I followed up with the seller of the 2016 GT4 and he had already agreed to sell the car to someone else for $2500 more than my offer.
  • Porsche Monterey thought I was joking when I asked if they'd add CPO to the $99K GT4 if I paid their asking price.
  • A like-new 2019 Cayman GTS with bucket seats being sold private party locally here in San Francisco sold for full asking ($86K) which was about $5K above what I was comfortable spending on a 2.5L.
  • A dealer in Michigan completely refused to budge on a 2018 Cayman GTS they have listed for $14K more than a comparable example that recently sold at Porsche Bellevue. Literally the only difference was GT Silver vs. Sapphire Blue and they told me to pound sand.
I have an offer out to a broker representing a well-documented lightly-used black 2016 GT4 in SoCal with 9500 miles, buckets and steel brakes. If that doesn't pan out for my offer price I could probably pick up a 2016 Cayman GTS with 13K miles for $70K but looking at Bring a Trailer results over the last 24 months that still feels like an inflated price (even though it's down from $80K initially). So if the GT4 doesn't pan out I am going to close the deal on the 2019 GT350 and grow a mullet. There's another GT350 owner signed up for the BMWCCA HPDE at Thunderhill later this month so we will get red flagged for sound together (stock GT350s can exceed Thunderhill's 103 dB limit).

P.s. I went to Carmax last night and was able to sit in a 718 Cayman S, 981 Cayman GTS, ND Miata, Toyota 86, Nissan 370Z, Mustang GT, C7 Corvette Z06, Charger R/T Scat Pack, F82 M4, Lexus LC500. The 981 CGTS with deviated stitching, extended leather, alcantara and 18 way Sports Plus seats was definitely the nicest to be in. The 370Z was atrocious - it felt ancient. The 86 felt cheap. The Miata felt small. The LC500 was less impressive in person than on video. The M4 was nicer than I expected - which is kind of funny because I've owned 4 3 Series (including an F30 right now) and 2 other BMWs. After sitting in so many other things it felt familiar and high quality.
My only input to your decision is that if you've crossed the line to where you're putting down offers on GT4's, I'd just cross the GTS off your list. You've already entered that territory, there's no sense IMO settling for a significantly lesser experience in every way. And the deficiency will be obvious because both cars are comparable, it's just that one is 10/10 and the other 8/10.

It does still make some sense to look at the Shelby because at least it's a totally different experience and yes, also much cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 11:08 PM   #11055
Tecnniqe
Sad ///M noises
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
My condolences, not only is your country probably gonna force EV's on you sooner than others, but even worse, you're gonna be seeing more beaver grills than anyone in here in the form of i4's and iX's very soon.
It's a political hellscape at the moment because you are incentivized in such a way you're basically left with no option but to get EV. An illusion of choice.

Problem is students and people at university who lives in the big cities and never driven a car is voting for the green parties who wants to not only ban dinosaurs but EVs as well, because tire noise and cars are all evil.

Which means I'm basically forced to vote parties I never would in hope of keeping our rights to drive our cars where we want when we want.

We have a freedom of movement statue which is basically becoming more and more removed for the common man as the reality is that taxation allows the rich to move freely but nobody else can afford to do so.

I hate everything about this timeline.

As for BMW, I've only seen iX3 daily, not so much the other new EVs.
The G8X in my area is back at the dealership so I don't have to see that anymore either
Appreciate 3
stein_325i25158.50
swagon13569.00
      08-17-2021, 11:22 PM   #11056
Multimodal
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i, 2018 911 T

@Tecnniqe, I feel some of the same ways about San Francisco. This is a nice place to live if you live how the plurality (whose beliefs become law and tax code and social pressure) believe you should live. It’s pretty difficult to go off the endorsed path, which could mean starting a small business (actually surprisingly difficult here) or renovating your house in a funky way or driving a big diesel truck or owning a gun or whatever. And the decisions made by the plurality in the spirit of progressivism can be very extreme sometimes (such as our school board focusing in the middle of a global pandemic on renaming 80 schools to remove all trace of controversial history rather than working on reopening schools).
Appreciate 3
      08-17-2021, 11:35 PM   #11057
Tecnniqe
Sad ///M noises
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
@Tecnniqe, I feel some of the same ways about San Francisco. This is a nice place to live if you live how the plurality (whose beliefs become law and tax code and social pressure) believe you should live. It’s pretty difficult to go off the endorsed path, which could mean starting a small business (actually surprisingly difficult here) or renovating your house in a funky way or driving a big diesel truck or owning a gun or whatever. And the decisions made by the plurality in the spirit of progressivism can be very extreme sometimes (such as our school board focusing in the middle of a global pandemic on renaming 80 schools to remove all trace of controversial history rather than working on reopening schools).
Heh I've started to call them environmentalist extremists because while my issue isn't with a greener environment it's all about the plan going forward and how to do it while trying to maintain people's everyday life, work and our government income in order to fund the welfare state.

Currently those parties only have one idea, end it all and see how it goes with no direct future path planned for income, jobs which would get removed or even based in reality.

It is what it is, I just hope people in general wakes up and start being more critical of all the bs going around and look further than what's being promised. Next 5-10 years will probably define the future for us and I'm not optimistic about it.
Appreciate 3
      08-18-2021, 04:31 AM   #11058
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Heh I've started to call them environmentalist extremists because while my issue isn't with a greener environment it's all about the plan going forward and how to do it while trying to maintain people's everyday life, work and our government income in order to fund the welfare state.

Currently those parties only have one idea, end it all and see how it goes with no direct future path planned for income, jobs which would get removed or even based in reality.

It is what it is, I just hope people in general wakes up and start being more critical of all the bs going around and look further than what's being promised. Next 5-10 years will probably define the future for us and I'm not optimistic about it.
Rich politicians are failing to remember that not everybody is rich enough to live in a major city and/or buy an electric vehicle. They're trying to tax fossil fuels & overall vehicle ownership out of reach for many people and businesses.

There are cleverer ways to make people switch from cars to more sustainable means of transport, but it's easier to milk every cent out of citizens under the fake promise of environmentalism and sustainable development. And very soon, it is going to be cheaper to manufacture a BEV than an ICE car... there wouldn't be such a push towards EVs if it were otherwise.
      08-18-2021, 10:31 AM   #11059
Tecnniqe
Sad ///M noises
No_Country
Rep

All electric G wagon

EQG

It's over
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 12:48 PM   #11060
stein_325i
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
All electric G wagon

EQG

It's over
Looks like we'll be seeing the concept next month at IAA. Knowing Mercedes they'll likely keep the G-Wagon available with a gas variant as long as they can with emissions since its their most profitable model as well as one of the status symbols of the brand. I'm not gonna lie though, I am curious to see how the EQG turns out, there are rumors that it'll be keeping its latter-frame chassis and boxy styling to keep it as capable and retro as possible even with the EV powertrain.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 12:58 PM   #11061
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Don't leave us hanging, what'd you end up buying?
Nothing cool lol. Dad mode car. 19 Lexus GS350 F Sport.
Appreciate 7
stein_325i25158.50
Tecnniqe4197.00
swagon13569.00
Arcades8214.50
GrussGott18198.00
minn1914070.50
      08-18-2021, 02:38 PM   #11062
dms-01
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Quote:
He's a horrible moderator but I hope he is okay i suppose.
I agree, for what little moderation done in the F8X forum he certainly made up for it in the G8X section.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 03:41 PM   #11063
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms-01 View Post
I agree, for what little moderation done in the F8X forum he certainly made up for it in the G8X section.
I wish he could ban me so I wouldn't have the urge to post there and then for no reason get called a lady with an EV by G8x people.
minn1914070.50
      08-18-2021, 06:15 PM   #11064
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
So…

What do ppl think of the new/old Lambo Countach? :P
minn1914070.50
      08-18-2021, 06:20 PM   #11065
stein_325i
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
So…

Not feeling it, seems like another Aventador with a bodykit, although I've never had much interest in supercars. That being said, I've always preferred Ferrari's to Lambo's when it comes to design.
Appreciate 3
Arcades8214.50
NickyC17654.00
      08-18-2021, 06:58 PM   #11066
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
So…

Love it purely due to nostalgia, but as an art or museum piece.
Appreciate 3
swagon13569.00
Arcades8214.50
minn1914070.50