Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

11-17-2016, 09:34 AM   #45
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakam4 View Post
Just got the agent update loaded on my device. That was easy and instructions were really great and straightforward. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesowns View Post
That's good news, but you've avoided my question about the OTS maps Maybe once I get the car, I'll send you guys a PM.

That's true, but that means someone needs to cough up a non-ZCP bin

Warranty... Well just general issues, I guess first step is to find a nice SA/CA that doesn't care about mods..

I hope XDF's and BIN's will be posted around soon enough, would love to be able to start understanding the DME based on what's exposed until the car gets here.
Sorry, to answer your question on OTS vs. custom maps, you can switch among any map you have loaded in your app's bootmod3 account, whether its OTS or a custom map you made yourself or with your tuner. Feel free with any other questions at all. You can always email us as well at support@bootmod3.com for any additional details.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2016, 07:04 AM   #46
bb1857
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
2007 BMW 335 E92  [0.00]
2015 BMW 428GC  [0.00]
2014 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Hey guys will you be offering your tune to any local shops here in the MD/DC area? I am not pressed for time at all because I am likely going to go through the winter stock but am looking to do something in the spring. I really can't pull the DME and ship it out so hoping a local shop can be sourced for this. Look forward to your reply as it really sounds like guys have come up with something very cool for us!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2016, 11:01 AM   #47
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1857 View Post
Hey guys will you be offering your tune to any local shops here in the MD/DC area? I am not pressed for time at all because I am likely going to go through the winter stock but am looking to do something in the spring. I really can't pull the DME and ship it out so hoping a local shop can be sourced for this. Look forward to your reply as it really sounds like guys have come up with something very cool for us!
Unfortunately we don't have a dealer there at this time but shops in NJ/NY are relatively close by if you're willing to ship there. At our home location we turn around DMEs next day using Fedex Express. We're not that far away
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2016, 12:28 PM   #48
bb1857
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
2007 BMW 335 E92  [0.00]
2015 BMW 428GC  [0.00]
2014 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Unfortunately we don't have a dealer there at this time but shops in NJ/NY are relatively close by if you're willing to ship there. At our home location we turn around DMEs next day using Fedex Express. We're not that far away
Thanks for the reply guys. Can you tell me a shop in NJ? I would be happy to take a road trip there as it isn't too far away.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2016, 02:20 PM   #49
AutoTalent
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6mt | e60 M5 6mt

Quote:
Thanks for the reply guys. Can you tell me a shop in NJ? I would be happy to take a road trip there as it isn't too far away.
Alex@AUTOcouture
Appreciate 1
bb1857868.00
      11-18-2016, 02:33 PM   #50
jeff@autocouture
Rep

Drives: 2002 E53 X5 4.6is

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoTalent View Post
Alex@AUTOcouture
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2016, 07:03 PM   #51
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

Quote:
James and I had some discussion about this at the track on Sat, our interest is definitely high as well.

Quote:
Couple questions here:

1) If I stack the JB4 with this will I still have some CAN features enabled like open/close flaps? What other benefits of stacking the JB4 can be obtained, like control of PI, meth, etc..?

2) Can I purchase the agent device later on down the road and will it it be plug and play after some configuration?

3) I briefly watched the vid SSR posted and are two android devices absolutely needed? Cant I just use my mobile data to connect a single device to the cloud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@AUTOcouture View Post
Alex, what is the typical turn around time for a full install? Would you be able to accommodate 2-3 cars if some of the MD guys roll up there? Any respectable hotels, bars, etc..?
Appreciate 1
bb1857868.00
      11-21-2016, 12:44 AM   #52
hdubf80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 ///M3 AW/SO/DCT

What will the valve control functions be like? Will it be something that is similar to jb4 where a button is held for a few seconds to open and close the valves? Or will they be programed into the throttle settings of the car i.e. efficient = closed, sport = oem, sport+ = open.?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 11:21 AM   #53
soobieajax325
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3, WRX, S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post
James and I had some discussion about this at the track on Sat, our interest is definitely high as well.

Couple questions here:

1) If I stack the JB4 with this will I still have some CAN features enabled like open/close flaps? What other benefits of stacking the JB4 can be obtained, like control of PI, meth, etc..?

2) Can I purchase the agent device later on down the road and will it it be plug and play after some configuration?

3) I briefly watched the vid SSR posted and are two android devices absolutely needed? Cant I just use my mobile data to connect a single device to the cloud?

Alex, what is the typical turn around time for a full install? Would you be able to accommodate 2-3 cars if some of the MD guys roll up there? Any respectable hotels, bars, etc..?
Answer to your first question:
Yes, you can use the jb4 to operate the flaps still. You can also data log with the jb4 as well. Did both of these after i flashed to bm3
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 12:48 PM   #54
SSR Performance
United_States
Rep

Drives: S55 -F80 / N54 -135i / N55-535

Quote:

Couple questions here:

Hi!

1. As answered prior you can still open and close flaps using the JB4

2. The agent device can be purchased later, all you would need to do in terms of configuration is change your wifi SSID to bootmod3. The device will auto connect, and you can use your phone ( used for app) to connect to the same wifi.

3. In order to flash, data log, use the bootmod3 app you will need the following configuration:

1 android device ( for app use, IOS coming), 1 agent (laptop or small BM3 agent), 1 source of wifi ( home, external hotspot, cellphone with hotspot), enet cable.

As long as you have a device that can open both the app and tether with the agent device/laptop you can reduce the number of items needed.
Appreciate 1
EALm43346.50
      11-21-2016, 12:52 PM   #55
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSR Performance View Post
Hi!

1. As answered prior you can still open and close flaps using the JB4

2. The agent device can be purchased later, all you would need to do in terms of configuration is change your wifi SSID to bootmod3. The device will auto connect, and you can use your phone ( used for app) to connect to the same wifi.

3. In order to flash, data log, use the bootmod3 app you will need the following configuration:

1 android device ( for app use, IOS coming), 1 agent (laptop or small BM3 agent), 1 source of wifi ( home, external hotspot, cellphone with hotspot), enet cable.

As long as you have a device that can open both the app and tether with the agent device/laptop you can reduce the number of items needed.
Perfect!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 08:24 PM   #56
BMW M4 PWR
Major
Rep
Drives: Austin Yellow 6-spd manual M4

Quote:
Perfect!!!
Dont second guess the BM3 brotha! I better see it on your car after Christmas!! lol
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 08:33 PM   #57
Reach
gone baby gone
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Just powered up my BM3! Locked loaded, and ready to dyno tune tomorrow.

The longest wait in the damn process was finding an Android to borrow for free, I refuse to buy one!
      11-21-2016, 10:42 PM   #58
Reach
gone baby gone
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

The support is real.

I bought mine during 'beta' but am just now getting around to using it. Dzenno has helped me update the hardware agent software tonight and sent over a fresh OTS map to start from in the morning. All of this was way after business hours.

I greatly appreciate the speed and how on top of things he is.
      11-21-2016, 10:59 PM   #59
julithehero
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M3 ZCP

Any place here in South Florida that Unlocks DME and is a reputable shop, also do you guys offer remote dyno tunes? Or how would a custom tune work?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 08:44 AM   #60
SoFlo335
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by julithehero View Post
Any place here in South Florida that Unlocks DME and is a reputable shop, also do you guys offer remote dyno tunes? Or how would a custom tune work?
x2
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 09:10 AM   #61
BMW M4 PWR
Major
Rep
Drives: Austin Yellow 6-spd manual M4

X3 !!! That's a huge market to NOT have one there..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 09:38 AM   #62
phorbes
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2CS

Currently I'm running the JB4 and I've got to find a new solution come April 2017 since my 2 year registration will expire and I'll need to do an inspection (OBDII reading) and currently I will not pass since the CEL is suppressed from the dash for the downpipes but is still throwing the code when read on a computer.

I'm either going to have to remove the downpipes and JB4 to do an inspection or get a flash tune that's hardcoded....

Does the BM3 take care of this issue?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 04:08 PM   #63
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Just powered up my BM3! Locked loaded, and ready to dyno tune tomorrow.

The longest wait in the damn process was finding an Android to borrow for free, I refuse to buy one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
The support is real.

I bought mine during 'beta' but am just now getting around to using it. Dzenno has helped me update the hardware agent software tonight and sent over a fresh OTS map to start from in the morning. All of this was way after business hours.

I greatly appreciate the speed and how on top of things he is.
Thank you! Glad you're using it to load and test a number of custom tunes with your tuner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julithehero View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlo335 View Post
x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M4 PWR View Post
X3 !!! That's a huge market to NOT have one there..
If you've got a great shop to recommend in the area drop us a line or let them know and we can connect and get them trained on the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorbes View Post
Currently I'm running the JB4 and I've got to find a new solution come April 2017 since my 2 year registration will expire and I'll need to do an inspection (OBDII reading) and currently I will not pass since the CEL is suppressed from the dash for the downpipes but is still throwing the code when read on a computer.

I'm either going to have to remove the downpipes and JB4 to do an inspection or get a flash tune that's hardcoded....

Does the BM3 take care of this issue?
bootmod3 can't help you pass emissions if the vehicle isn't set to emissions standards but our Stage 2 maps get rid of the CEL in the dash for off-road/track use.

======

0.6.8 version of the Android app pushed to the Google Play store. Updates listed at the app store listing but also above in the OP.

Of particular note are support for Exhaust Flap actuation for electronic flaps (open/close/auto) and Active Sound (enable/disable).

iOS app dev is complete and we're in testing
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      11-22-2016, 04:11 PM   #64
phorbes
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

let me ask this question in a different way.

If they were to plug in the OBDII reader, would the codes still show up on that reader or would it show no faults?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 04:12 PM   #65
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorbes View Post
let me ask this question in a different way.

If they were to plug in the OBDII reader, would the codes still show up on that reader or would it show no faults?
No CEL means no faults stored.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 04:13 PM   #66
phorbes
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No CEL means no faults stored.
All monitors would show as ready?