EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

07-30-2019, 11:23 AM   #177
thorHAM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '19 M4 ZCP BSM

6'2" 240 lbs - have had the f82 zcp for 3 months now and no issues at all, surprisingly comfortable.
Appreciate 1
DML967.50
      07-31-2019, 01:31 PM   #178
DenaS54M
Rep
Drives: E46M

I have the ZCP seats, and you may need a gel lumbar support for long drives. Maybe because I'm a cyclists of 22 years and my back isn't the same, but the lack of lumbar support on the ZCP seats killed me. I drove to San Diego for a wedding, and I'm on KW V3's, so the ride is stiff but just perfect. My back was done when I got to SD. My buddy I bought the car from, gave me a gel pad he used and it's be a BLESSING!

The seats are comfy, there's just a lack of support in the transition of the seat back to the seat cushion area. I've had cars with Recaro buckets etc.
Appreciate 1
zamboni1127.50
      08-02-2019, 06:05 PM   #179
ironviet
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 Jeep Wrangler ...  [0.00]
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
5'8" 160 so the seats I felt were made custom to me. Perfect for short or long trips and I sit in a driving position all of the time. pretty upright with position where my arms are bent and knees slightly bent.

I can tell you one thing that's very uncomfortable about the ZCP seats are when my 5 year old sits in the back seat and pokes at me because its funny to him haha.
2004 E46 M3
Appreciate 1
jmg18676.00
      08-02-2019, 06:16 PM   #180
bimmerless
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 Convertible

I'm 5'9, 170lbs, and they are some of one of the most comfortable seats I have sat in.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 06:51 AM   #181
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
To be confortable in those seats, you're not allowed to slouch. I find that if I press my buttock as deep as I can on the back rest, it forces me to keep my back straight and the back rest has enough curvature to keep me comfortable on long drives. Still, I found the standard seats with the inflatable lumbar support to be more comfortable on long drives.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 1
zamboni1127.50
      08-13-2019, 10:47 AM   #182
ttrank
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 F97 X3M, 17 F80 M3, 23 GR86

Just completed an 1,800 mile road trip in 48 hours and found the ZCP seats to be perfectly comfortable. I'm 5'10" 195lbs.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 03:29 PM   #183
M3Fahrer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Seats are pretty comfy but it would be much better for me if it had adjustable lumbar support.

Looked at the seats in the X4M Competition, and those look really comfy. Would be nice to have those in the next generation M3/M4.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 12:12 PM   #184
DenaS54M
Rep
Drives: E46M

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
To be confortable in those seats, you're not allowed to slouch. I find that if I press my buttock as deep as I can on the back rest, it forces me to keep my back straight and the back rest has enough curvature to keep me comfortable on long drives. Still, I found the standard seats with the inflatable lumbar support to be more comfortable on long drives.
THIS! There's literally no lumbar support at the seat transition. You have to sit in an aggressive position to be comfy. I drove to SD when I bought my ZCP and oh man I was in pain at my buddies wedding. I had a gel lumbar pad and it saved my life! If you buy a ZCP, do yourself a favor and buy a gel lumbar pad.

If you slouch in the seat you'll feel the effects of no lumbar support.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 03:14 PM   #185
Soylent
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4C

What brand pad did you get?
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2019, 05:42 PM   #186
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
I've have a G20 330i loaner for about a week now. Decided I didn't want to fall asleep driving the hour commute to work this morning so I took the M. Wow, the Comp seats are so much more comfortable that the standard G20 seats. Both don't have lumbar support, but the Comp seats have a much more natural ergonomics for my back. 5'8" here as well, seems to be the average, and I agree, don't slouch and they are comfortable, however I agree with CanAutM3, the standard seats in my civic M3 were probable more comfortable. I also like the carbonstructure more than the leather. More grip.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 11:38 AM   #187
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenaS54M View Post
I have the ZCP seats, and you may need a gel lumbar support for long drives. Maybe because I'm a cyclists of 22 years and my back isn't the same, but the lack of lumbar support on the ZCP seats killed me. I drove to San Diego for a wedding, and I'm on KW V3's, so the ride is stiff but just perfect. My back was done when I got to SD. My buddy I bought the car from, gave me a gel pad he used and it's be a BLESSING!

The seats are comfy, there's just a lack of support in the transition of the seat back to the seat cushion area. I've had cars with Recaro buckets etc.
I'm the opposite - I have a back disease and cycling kills me, yet the 2000 mile drive home from picking the car up I felt great!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 01:48 PM   #188
325iExecutive
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 Mazda CX5

After a full day at work - I drove 900km from Toronto to Philadelphia. The seats were very comfy. First road trip in my competition M3 6MT. Loved every second of it.
zamboni1127.50
      08-24-2019, 02:15 PM   #189
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
this...if people maybe looked at their bodies first before blaming the seats. a lot more progress could be made. the seats are comfy; but if you slouch at your desk all day. nothing will be comfortable.
Appreciate 1
DML967.50
      09-09-2019, 07:02 PM   #190
Beemerm3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW m3

I bought a lower seat pillow. Off Amazon. Every time I get off my car I feel my back being uncomfortable. The pillow helped so much.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 12:03 AM   #191
CachacoF80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue F80 - ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
Quote:
this...if people maybe looked at their bodies first before blaming the seats. a lot more progress could be made. the seats are comfy; but if you slouch at your desk all day. nothing will be comfortable.
...and you will hurt your back. Don't slouch, you may feel young and healthy now but backs are designed for a limited number of cycles and once you exceed that number pain creeps in. Keep the natural curve (lordosis). A thin cushion with a zipper so you can add or delete foam or other filler is the way to go.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 08:08 AM   #192
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CachacoF80 View Post
...and you will hurt your back. Don't slouch, you may feel young and healthy now but backs are designed for a limited number of cycles and once you exceed that number pain creeps in. Keep the natural curve (lordosis). A thin cushion with a zipper so you can add or delete foam or other filler is the way to go.
I'm in the military and currently dealing with a herniated disc and bout of seemingly non-solvable sciatica and I dont wish that on anyone.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 08:19 AM   #193
millerrh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc05e46m3 View Post
I'm in the military and currently dealing with a herniated disc and bout of seemingly non-solvable sciatica and I dont wish that on anyone.
I had a herniated disc with sciatica and ended up with surgery. So I am very conscious about the support my back gives and it is my opinion these seats do not provide enough support in the lumbar region. That said, not slouching and scooting your butt all the way back is the best solution.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 08:56 AM   #194
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerrh View Post
I had a herniated disc with sciatica and ended up with surgery. So I am very conscious about the support my back gives and it is my opinion these seats do not provide enough support in the lumbar region. That said, not slouching and scooting your butt all the way back is the best solution.
Agreed. I'm actually at the spinal injections point and surgery is being discussed. At my age, I'n not too thrilled, but they say its very minimally invasive and recovery time is quick.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 09:17 AM   #195
CachacoF80
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry to hear. Surgery is generally unnecessary but doctors in the US need to pay their kids' tuition so offer it right away...I'm disgusted by healthcare in this country. You really only need surgery when severe symptoms (loss of bladder function, etc) occur.

What helped me a lot was visiting Stuart McGill in Canada. Read his book called Back Mechanic. Do the self assessment, do the exercises every day and think about posture constantly. You will get better.
Appreciate 1
jc05e46m3845.50
      09-19-2019, 09:17 AM   #196
millerrh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

Quote:
Agreed. I'm actually at the spinal injections point and surgery is being discussed. At my age, I'n not too thrilled, but they say its very minimally invasive and recovery time is quick.
Yeah hit me up in DMs if you want to talk more about it. But the surgery was a god send for me compared to the pain prior. The worst part is they cut into your muscles and those take months to where you don’t feel the incision site when they engage. But you are walking around the day of the surgery - you just don’t want to sit and bend
Appreciate 1
jc05e46m3845.50
      09-19-2019, 09:23 AM   #197
CachacoF80
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Try everything else before; what people don't know is that surgery involves removing a piece of a disc. Then, if you continue your bad habits, it will herniate again and will have to be removed and you will need a fusion. And then other discs will have to take the effort of spinal movement and then real trouble starts.

Don't let anyone touch your back. Shots are fine but until you are almost in bed and filing for disability, you should skip surgery. Also, look at stats. The level of pain of a those people that have an injury and decide to have surgery, converges to that of those that did not have surgery in about two years...
Appreciate 1
jc05e46m3845.50
      09-19-2019, 03:42 PM   #198
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Try everything else before; what people don't know is that surgery involves removing a piece of a disc. Then, if you continue your bad habits, it will herniate again and will have to be removed and you will need a fusion. And then other discs will have to take the effort of spinal movement and then real trouble starts.

Don't let anyone touch your back. Shots are fine but until you are almost in bed and filing for disability, you should skip surgery. Also, look at stats. The level of pain of a those people that have an injury and decide to have surgery, converges to that of those that did not have surgery in about two years...
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah hit me up in DMs if you want to talk more about it. But the surgery was a god send for me compared to the pain prior. The worst part is they cut into your muscles and those take months to where you don't feel the incision site when they engage. But you are walking around the day of the surgery - you just don't want to sit and bend
DMd

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good feedback. I'm very much against it - I'm 32 and otherwise pretty healthy. It wasn't necessarily bad habits that caused it - it was a injury sustained through service.

I'm interested to see what the path forward is when I meet with the anesthesiologist next week. All I know is it sucks because deployments are the best time to get back in spectacular shape.
Appreciate 0