Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

07-02-2019, 08:28 PM   #89
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: Incoming G87

Parents were in town and we all went out for dinner. Restaurant had a great beer on tap and my dad and I might have had a *few*. Wonderful evening.

Wife drove the 4 of us home (love that she can drive a manual) absolutely giggling at the acceleration, 2nd time she drove it. Half way home my mother (holding onto the oh sh!t handle with one hand and the door handle with the other in her standard fashion for any drive anywhere with anyone in any car at any speed) pipes up from the back..."wow this is really zippy, how fast are we going?" And my wife looks down at the speedo and responds "110" ...laughter all around except my poor mother who holds on even tighter...will never forget that moment as long as I live!

In reality 4 years later now she complains about the "angry snowblower" sound of the MPE and constantly reminds me that it's "no V8"...although she still loves to drive it...

Read...no drive, the manual.
Appreciate 3
      07-02-2019, 09:01 PM   #90
yayaya
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi E92 N55

New one: My wife has been calling my M3 a "doll car" what the hell does that mean? I ask and she doesn't know (she'll be entitled to half my shit if I divorced her).
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 09:48 PM   #91
///Mangler
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 Darth Vader Trackcar

Garage List
2000 E39 M5  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayaya View Post
New one: My wife has been calling my M3 a "doll car" what the hell does that mean? I ask and she doesn't know (she'll be entitled to half my shit if I divorced her).
Depends....

T
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2019, 08:26 AM   #92
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Currently deployed and wife sends me pics of her, our new baby, and the car and says things like "Your 3 favorite girls" and "Car is still fun" and "Shes running well"!

Maybe im in the minority here.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 4
      07-05-2019, 12:40 PM   #93
2011zx10R
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc05e46m3 View Post
Currently deployed and wife sends me pics of her, our new baby, and the car and says things like "Your 3 favorite girls" and "Car is still fun" and "Shes running well"!

Quote:

It's best my wife keep me in check with the car.

I thank god for traffic, the police, bad roads, my son, family, my job, the mortgage and my wife.

I've done track days on my race bike and seen 189mph (gps)

So the M3 is a "luxury" speeds machine.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 02:05 PM   #94
maul3d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 AY M4 - 2012 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011zx10R View Post

I thank god for traffic, the police, bad roads, my son, family, my job, the mortgage and my wife.

Hey man, I agree.

Sport bikes are cheap thrills. I'v owned r6s/ gixxers...

I for one, couldn't bring myself to own another bike.. being the sole provider for my family, I thought it was a selfish idea considering one again. Especially after all the fatal accidents... lost limbs.. wheelchair bound. . Fucj, last month , a dude tore his leg off and his dick along with it.. imagine not having a penis? Or feeling down there ? Fuckkkkkk that.

My friends that ride, don't even ride in public streets!

My m4.. as expensive as it was.. sits in the garage , detailed, fresh.. I dont daily dribe it..its waiting for a good romping , when I decide to go out and have some fUn! ! And.. to be quite frank.. it's 100% safer, just as fun.. and feels almost as quick as a 600cc..and I'm happy with the decision.

Cheers
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2019, 03:02 PM   #95
oneknightr
Private
Rep
Drives: '16 SO M4 Vert

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by maul3d View Post

I for one, couldn't bring myself to own another bike.. being the sole provider for my family, I thought it was a selfish idea considering one again. Especially after all the fatal accidents... lost limbs.. wheelchair bound. . Fucj, last month , a dude tore his leg off and his dick along with it.. imagine not having a penis? Or feeling down there ? Fuckkkkkk that.

I miss my R6. Haven't ridden in 11 years. On my last ride, some guy rear-ended me because he wasn't paying attention. Long story short, doctor said if my injury was an inch over to the left, I wouldn't be having kids of my own.

Since then, I've had two kids and my wife won't let me buy another bike until they're 18. While I miss riding, I can't imagine getting on a bike ever again. The thought of my kids growing up without their dad scares me. You can ride as defensively as you can, but that won't take care of all the idiots out there on the road.

Besides, our recently acquired M4 scratches that itch nicely now.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 04:04 PM   #96
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hey man, I agree.

My m4.. as expensive as it was.. sits in the garage , detailed, fresh.. I dont daily dribe it..its waiting for a good romping , when I decide to go out and have some fUn! ! And.. to be quite frank.. it's 100% safer, just as fun.. and feels almost as quick as a 600cc..and I'm happy with the decision.

Cheers
Enjoy it in good health!

I guess what I was getting at was more so that my wife doesn't understand why I'm so passionate about having cars that the average person doesn't need, but supports me (tolerates most the time) in those endeavors.

You should see the justification I'm putting together for a 991.2 GT3/3RS!
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2019, 06:51 PM   #97
maul3d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 AY M4 - 2012 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Enjoy it in good health!

I guess what I was getting at was more so that my wife doesn't understand why I'm so passionate about having cars that the average person doesn't need, but supports me (tolerates most the time) in those endeavors.

Thanks bro!

Goodluck with persuasive chats with the wife, regarding the GT3 RS!

Tell her.. YOLO! YA ONLY LIVE ONCE. hahah..

My buddy went from a 18 gt3, to gt3rs.. he literally drove the 18 gt3 for free.. put 6k miles. Trded it for more ge paid!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 08:08 PM   #98
2011zx10R
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hey man, I agree.

Cheers
Quote:
Quote:

Hey man, I agree.

Cheers
Plenty I've known over years got killed

Saw a guy lose his foot

Seen it all at this point

🦅
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 10:14 PM   #99
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:

Saw a guy lose his foot

🦅
In high school I had a friend that bought a Honda 50 to get to/from his after-school job. He eventually moved up to bigger bikes. Several years later, he was killed in a crash not far from his home in a rural area north of Detroit.

In my 20s I rode my friend's bikes, Triumph, BSA, Norton, and various Japanese dirt bikes, before helmet laws. Wisely, I never bought one myself. If I had I would have surely killed myself long ago.

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 11:38 PM   #100
2011zx10R
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
Quote:

Saw a guy lose his foot

🦅
In high school I had a friend that bought a Honda 50 to get to/from his after-school job. He eventually moved up to bigger bikes. Several years later, he was killed in a crash not far from his home in a rural area north of Detroit.

In my 20s I rode my friend's bikes, Triumph, BSA, Norton, and various Japanese dirt bikes, before helmet laws. Wisely, I never bought one myself. If I had I would have surely killed myself long ago.
Quote:
Quote:

Saw a guy lose his foot

🦅

Their has always been a helmet law; it varies by state.

To bad a helmet can't save people from stupid.

That's smart not riding knowing full well you would kill yourself.

Ridding with no helmet definitely helps improve your chances of getting killed.

Jeans jacket, sneakers no gloves just Incase you survive you can always be maimed.

Again; glad my wife etc keeps me in check
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 01:43 AM   #101
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Enjoy it in good health!

Thanks bro!

My buddy went from a 18 gt3, to gt3rs.. he literally drove the 18 gt3 for free.. put 6k miles. Trded it for more ge paid!
Wow! Yeah, doesn't surprise me. The market is still pretty hot. I'm hoping that in the next 6 months it cools off a bit AND the 992 causes some disturbance in the values. If not, RS will likely be out of the question.

On another note, a friend of mine was killed loading his bags into a car at the airport the other day. Freak accident but further proves that tomorrow isn't promised.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 03:19 AM   #102
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Quote:
Wow! Yeah, doesn't surprise me. The market is still pretty hot. I'm hoping that in the next 6 months it cools off a bit AND the 992 causes some disturbance in the values. If not, RS will likely be out of the question.

On another note, a friend of mine was killed loading his bags into a car at the airport the other day. Freak accident but further proves that tomorrow isn't promised.
Ah jeez. I was gonna post something funny and witty about what my wife said but after reading your post, I’m just going to go hug my wife!

Condolences on your bud, mate.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 07:57 AM   #103
2011zx10R
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Enjoy it in good health!

Thanks bro!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Enjoy it in good health!

Thanks bro!

🙏🏾

God bless your buddy.

So much tragedy in this world.

Billionaire and his daughter and three friends

just crashed and died helicopter in Bahamas

Everyone do something you enjoy today.

This entire summer my wife and I have been doing day trips every Saturday in the M3.

Blessings to the family so sad🙏🏾
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34181.00
      07-06-2019, 09:09 AM   #104
ellipsis212
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
About time y'all reviewed your life insurance policies.

At least I know my wife and kids will have a few million to fall back on when she meets a new guy the week after my funeral.
Appreciate 1
SMGCFP584.50
      07-08-2019, 06:54 AM   #105
Upstream
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 Competition

Mine is actually M banned.

She drives an A Class Merc because that's what she wants.

I have an A4 Allroad as a daily driver in the winter (it doesn't get below 60 but it rains and if its windy the rain is full of sand as we are only a couple of miles from the beach and my M3 doesn't go out in the rain).

She is OK with the Allroad, it if not she can drive her A Class or get an Uber.
      07-08-2019, 05:30 PM   #106
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Their (sic) has always been a helmet law; it varies by state.

To (sic) bad a helmet can't save people from stupid.

Ridding (sic) with no helmet definitely helps improve your chances of getting killed.

Jeans jacket, sneakers no gloves just Incase you survive you can always be maimed.

No, there hasn't "always been a helmet law". In fact only 19 states currently have a mandatory helmet law. Only 28 states have helmet laws for riders/passengers under 18. Three states have no helmet laws at all.

I rode my friend's bikes in Michigan in the 70s. According to Google, Michigan first enacted their helmet law in 1967, repealed it in 1968, and then enacted it again in 1969, so apparently I did wear a helmet back then, I just don't remember that. Michigan repealed their helmet law again in 2012 so currently wearing a helmet is optional. https://sinasdramis.com/michigan-motorcycle-helmet-law.

I know that California didn't have a helmet law when I moved here in 1989. They enacted a helmet law in 1992. I remember the protests against the helmet law which led to biker gangs wearing those "kraut helmets" which offer virtually no protection.

And for the record, I'm not advocating against helmets and proper riding gear. I haven't ridden a motorcycle since the 70's but I always wear my helmet in my car at the track (required).

This discussion is already way off-topic and I won't be replying to it.

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 06:25 PM   #107
2011zx10R
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Ridding (sic) with no helmet definitely helps improve your chances of getting killed.

No, there hasn't "always been a helmet law". In fact only 19 states currently have a mandatory helmet law. Only 28 states have helmet laws for riders/passengers under 18. Three states have no helmet laws at all.

I rode my friend's bikes in Michigan in the 70s. According to Google, Michigan first enacted their helmet law in 1967, repealed it in 1968, and then enacted it again in 1969, so apparently I did wear a helmet back then, I just don't remember that. Michigan repealed their helmet law again in 2012 so currently wearing a helmet is optional. https://sinasdramis.com/michigan-motorcycle-helmet-law.

I know that California didn't have a helmet law when I moved here in 1989. They enacted a helmet law in 1992. I remember the protests against the helmet law which led to biker gangs wearing those "kraut helmets" which offer virtually no protection.

And for the record, I'm not advocating against helmets and proper riding gear. I haven't ridden a motorcycle since the 70's but I always wear my helmet in my car at the track (required).

Quote:
Quote:

Thank you... did not know 3 states had no law at all on helmets.

all good sir👍🏾

helmet law" in all but 3 states.

Have a great season at the track...
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 05:09 PM   #108
Tall Tom Cruise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 G80 M3

Quote:
Thank you... did not know 3 states had no law at all on helmets.

all good sir����

helmet law" in all but 3 states.

Have a great season at the track...
everyone just loves the grammar police...

What part of CT are you from? I grew up there and moved to CA a few years ago. I go back ~5 times a year to visit my family.

You can ride in CT sans helmet at the moment, but I've heard lawmakers recently began to consider making it a requirement for all ages.

Last edited by Tall Tom Cruise; 07-09-2019 at 05:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 06:20 PM   #109
blockdoc
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
I have the opposite problem - my wife says I drive like a grandma, just because I'm not mashing it every time, running every yellow light, and going 80+ on the highway
Hear ya brother. Mine also uses the Grandma thing and says mine is "slow". (I always stay in the double double digits with passengers)

Of course she drives a Jeep Trackhawk with 700 plus HP lol
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 06:28 PM   #110
blockdoc
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoker View Post
If had passed on the opportunity to marry my otherwise awesome wife 20 years ago and if I had decided to look more for another beautiful and smart woman that also loved first person shooter games, drove shift stick cars on a track, played the guitar like Malmsteen, and coded in Python when she had nothing to do on a weekend, I would still be looking and I wouldn't have my two wonderful children, the older studying computer science in college and driving a six-speed manual.
Dude...you are so right. Met my wife in College almost 33 years ago and we are still going strong. Not many can say that nowadays. Statistically, more than half of those who think they married the perfect person are divorced within 7 years. Cheers to us!
Appreciate 1