Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

Closed Thread

09-13-2019, 09:27 AM   #45
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntgarage44 View Post
Wrong.

Look farther (like I did). OP has 2 M3s. It's not VTT. In the interest of OP I will not disclose which solution it is.
This.

I found out the same way.

What’s funny is that in the Facebook group pages people posted this thread and are speculating as well. What’s more interesting is that people in the group are saying to get that solution, without knowing that it was the one that spun, and saying /close thread. Some diehard fans there.
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2019, 10:23 AM   #46
Tangent
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01, F82, E89, F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptper View Post
I must be the only one that doesn't already know who the 'well known' vendor is, lol. I just got the car, so this is more of general interest for me. Are all these cases completely random, or is there an underlying pattern? Like flogging it right away with 1000whp or something.
I've only had my M4 since earlier this year so I'm also not sure who the well known vendor is. As far as what I've gathered on the SCH problem though it seems to me that it's one of those "forum famous" kind of things. It's uncommon enough that several people have reported their dealership's service departments having never even heard of the issue let alone seen a lot of it.

It happens so seldom that there's nothing but guesses on the cause. It happens to both DCT and manual, modded and not. Modded appears to be more common but we're on a forum where a much higher than usual percentage of cars are modded, not to mention those are the cars more likely to be driven hard in the first place so I'm skeptical about that contributing much to it, especially since the most common moment it seems to happen is on downshifts. Since the numbers are so low anyway I'm personally not gonna worry about it.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 10:26 AM   #47
chetrickerman
ECUTek Master Tuner
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 YMB

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [9.00]
Maybe the reason he is not saying which crank hub it is, is because it may not be a SCH at all......
minn1914028.50
      09-13-2019, 10:32 AM   #48
TR930
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 TB/AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetrickerman View Post
Maybe the reason he is not saying which crank hub it is, is because it may not be a SCH at all......
Read the title of the thread.......
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 10:48 AM   #49
f80er
Banned
Rep
Drives: An M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR930 View Post
Read the title of the thread.......
Doesn't mean shit. OP Is overtly vague about the company and whether it actually spun. But I guess if you take the title for fact then it did in fact spin.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 11:08 AM   #50
TR930
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80er View Post
Doesn't mean shit. OP Is overtly vague about the company and whether it actually spun. But I guess if you take the title for fact then it did in fact spin.
Let me ask you this, what is the purpose of creating a thread that says "SCH" and then state they don't know if the crank hub spun?

The reason I am bothered by this is that I am about to upgrade to Pure Stage 2 and was going to use a popular CH solution as a preventative measure. If there is a solution out there that has failed to prevent SCH then I think we should all know about it. Otherwise, why post here??

The title of the thread reads like the OP is using the entire forum as leverage against a manufacturer to fix what is arguably an expensive repair.

If I'm wrong, why don't we know what the CH solution was? Why won't the OP tell us? IF the answer is that "He needs to gather some data first to see what exactly went wrong before he tells us", then I would simply counter with, "if that is true, why make this thread?" Why not wait until you figure all that stuff out THEN post??
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 11:44 AM   #51
cbrtrx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw m4

Quote:
Let me ask you this, what is the purpose of creating a thread that says "SCH" and then state they don't know if the crank hub spun?

The reason I am bothered by this is that I am about to upgrade to Pure Stage 2 and was going to use a popular CH solution as a preventative measure. If there is a solution out there that has failed to prevent SCH then I think we should all know about it. Otherwise, why post here??

The title of the thread reads like the OP is using the entire forum as leverage against a manufacturer to fix what is arguably an expensive repair.

If I'm wrong, why don't we know what the CH solution was? Why won't the OP tell us? IF the answer is that "He needs to gather some data first to see what exactly went wrong before he tells us", then I would simply counter with, "if that is true, why make this thread?" Why not wait until you figure all that stuff out THEN post??

I agree. This wasn't presented in the best way and it's obvious.

I hope the OP figures out his issues and gets it fixed quickly.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 12:24 PM   #52
ment4t
Private
Rep
Drives: Track-Legal MW F82

I'm assuming it was MaxPSI, installed on the car that he bought in April on these forums:

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1613929

Seemed easy enough to figure out. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4488.00
      09-13-2019, 12:25 PM   #53
f80er
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ment4t View Post
I'm assuming it was MaxPSI, installed on the car that he bought in April on these forums:

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1613929

Seemed easy enough to figure out. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ooof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nars3000 View Post
Great price, OP! I'd expect this to sell quick at this price point. You forgot to mention the LCI taillight conversion as one of the mods.

It may also help to disclose to prospective buyers that this was Burger Motorsports' former JB4 test car. However, there's nothing to worry about because the car was never put through any kind of abuse, and was running perfectIy at the time of sale last year. I believe one of the main BMS guys even wanted to keep this car in their stable...
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 01:03 PM   #54
dhahlen
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e30 318is, e90 335i, e92 m3

The crank hub fix was done, I saw it at the shop, which I commissioned to do the work. I also paid for the part direction from the source.

Regardless, this is all speculation until someone tears into it and determines what exactly happened.

Having pushed several cars well beyond factory limitations, we all know the lengths we go to prevent errors from happening, and they don't always work. A upgraded rod shouldn't bend under the additional torque, but it's happened. Obviously not the case here nor am I making excuses for anyone or any shop. Just my personal take.

Personally, if I found myself in another F80 and had to do it again, I'd still stick with my choice for the Crank Hub Fix.

Eager to see what the cause/fault actually is/was.

Last edited by dhahlen; 09-13-2019 at 01:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 01:16 PM   #55
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetrickerman View Post
This. Although, the vendor hasn't denied the issue being SCH, because they've seen them slipped before citing installation error.

People just need to relax with the speculations and wild guesses. Something clearly failed, and the root cause is to be determined. I'll share more information as the engine goes through a full tear down, but until then, I've requested for this thread to be closed.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 01:24 PM   #56
aBMWfan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' M3/'15 M4/ '06 M3/ '09 M3/

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhahlen View Post
The crank hub fix was done, I saw it at the shop, which I commissioned to do the work. I also paid for the part direction from the source.

Regardless, this is all speculation until someone tears into it and determines what exactly happened.

Having pushed several cars well beyond factory limitations, we all knows we do to prevent errors from happening, don't always work. A upgraded rod shouldn't bend under the additional torque, but it's happened. Obviously not the case here nor am I making excuses for anyone or any shop. Just my personal take.

Personally, if I found myself in another F80 and had to do it again, I'd still stick with my choice for the Crank Hub Fix.

Eager to see what the cause/fault actually is/was.
Interesting that OP stated the other Max PSI failures were due to installation while nothing stated in this case. I thought Max PSI 2 piece design was specifically to limit installation difficulty/ error? Very eager as well
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 03:02 PM   #57
f80er
Banned
Rep

Quote:
This. Although, the vendor hasn't denied the issue being SCH, because they've seen them slipped before citing installation error.

People just need to relax with the speculations and wild guesses. Something clearly failed, and the root cause is to be determined. I'll share more information as the engine goes through a full tear down, but until then, I've requested for this thread to be closed.
You yourself are guilty of speculations and wild guesses as you don't even know what failed yet you posted a thread titled "SCH w/Crank Hub Solution Installed" with 0 facts to back up your claim.

Either way good luck with it OP.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 03:33 PM   #58
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You yourself are guilty of speculations and wild guesses as you don't even know what failed yet you posted a thread titled "SCH w/Crank Hub Solution Installed" with 0 facts to back up your claim.

Either way good luck with it OP.
I agree, SCH would be considered a speculation based on the S55's known weak points, but not a wild guess. Hence, I see no point in saying which crank hub kit was involved until a full tear down has commenced. I'm not interested in tarnishing any company's reputation if that wasn't clear enough over my last few posts...

People with personal agendas are clearly curious to know which kit is involved, because they want to make an educated purchase decision based on my expense. All I can tell you folks is that the vendors, including a CH kit competitor, and shops that need to know are in the know. Everyone else can get their money's worth by waiting for the proper information to be shared, assuming I'm still willing to share the findings publicly.

There have been three F80s (two ZCPs, one base) in my household, so please keep digging through my posts until you guys make the right guess.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 03:35 PM   #59
f80er
Banned
Rep

You should just delete this thread man. I don't know what your motivations are but they aren't in the best interest of this forum or other M owners.
Appreciate 1
ra2289305.50
      09-13-2019, 04:34 PM   #60
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You should just delete this thread man. I don't know what your motivations are but they aren't in the best interest of this forum or other M owners.
Believe me, I would delete this thread if I had the power to do so, but see last sentence in post #55

I'm all about knowledge sharing whenever possible. You can fact check that by going through all 2,000+ of my posts. Many have reached out to me for help with their setup via PM, and I've provided free assistance to a lot of those people. Although, there were a few PMs I elected to ignore, because they expected the information to be handed to them like it was their birth right. That's exactly how I feel some of you guys have acted in this thread, especially for what's considered to be FREE information... some of you guys just have that ungrateful ME!, ME!, ME! mindset , which makes it very difficult for forum contributors to be in a helpful spirit.
Appreciate 2
      09-13-2019, 04:42 PM   #61
TR930
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Believe me, I would delete this thread if I had the power to do so, but see last sentence in post #55

I'm all about knowledge sharing whenever possible. You can fact check that by going through all 2,000+ of my posts. Many have reached out to me for help with their setup via PM, and I've provided free assistance to a lot of those people. Although, there were a few PMs I elected to ignore, because they expected the information to be handed to them like it was their birth right. That's exactly how I feel some of you guys have acted in this thread, especially for what's considered to be FREE information... some of you guys just have that ungrateful ME!, ME!, ME! mindset , which makes it very difficult for forum contributors to be in a helpful spirit.
Holy shit. We are the bad guys.......
Appreciate 1
f80er2056.00
      09-13-2019, 05:12 PM   #62
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Holy shit. We are the bad guys.......
Actually, it's just you, but sure you can drag everyone else with you. I'm actually open to sharing the findings from the shop if you shut your mouth for a bit

In response to your PM, you'll find out when everyone else finds out. Good luck with your build, though! The transformation will be worth it!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 05:32 PM   #63
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Quote:
Actually, it's just you, but sure you can drag everyone else with you. I'm actually open to sharing the findings from the shop if you shut your mouth for a bit

In response to your PM, you'll find out when everyone else finds out. Good luck with your build, though! The transformation will be worth it!
Your attempt to shame someone has fallen flat...is that screenshot your smoking gun?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 05:46 PM   #64
TR930
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
Your attempt to shame someone has fallen flat...is that screenshot your smoking gun?
Seriously, you think I am ashamed that I asked?? That's actually even funnier.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 05:54 PM   #65
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
Good lord! Shaming someone? So how would you classify the posts made by this individual, which has attacked my character and have made negative speculations on what my motives are? All because I refuse to provide the name of the CH kit involved. Would you say that's just his opinion?

Are you sure it's not your head that's fallen flat? This is why people prefer not to share any sensitive information, because everyone just gets into a pissing contest with logic completely out the window.
Appreciate 3
      09-13-2019, 07:00 PM   #66
Faikius
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19' M2 Comp / 16' Golf R

This thread is like one of those news commercials...

"Will this popular crank hub fix cause your vehicle to explode? Tune in at 11 to find out".
Appreciate 2
f80er2056.00
icegrill2078.00
Closed Thread