Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

04-26-2015, 03:30 PM   #67
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
Instant gratification, no waiting: grab a like new used M3 for 10% less...
The problem is that most used m3's even though used are in the 70's or mid to high 60's. You can get a new M3 with slightly lesser options for that much. New is new. A used one would be appealing to me only if it were in the mid fifties or lower. Anything higher and a ED makes total sense.

My Amazing European Delivery Story

Last edited by ///M///; 04-26-2015 at 03:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 05:03 PM   #68
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

I agree, ED rocks. If you have the time.
Flipside, who would want to sell a M3 F80 for mid-fifties?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 05:30 PM   #69
YasM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A BMW

I went through the same thing the OP did. Luckily with some pull I was able to snatch an M3 allocation.

I heard about the lease rates on March 30. I tried to get in before the end of the month to lock in that rate but we had to go back and forth on trade #s since I was getting out of my F10 lease 1 year early. We finally got everything sorted out around April 4th with the trade. Luckily the rate only changed 1% by them.

Next we needed an allocation. My dealer had none. None of the neighboring dealers had any at the time in the state for an M3, only M4s. They went back and forth with dealers in other states for about a week trying to trade allocations. Luckily with some pull we were able to get an M4 allocation from another dealer in the state and they were able to switch the build to an M3.

By April 9th we finally had everything sorted out. Agreement on the trade, allocated the M4 and switched it to an M3 and received a production #. Production is scheduled for mid-end of May with a late June delivery. At the time allocations were very VERY slim when we looked up and down the east coast and no dealers really had anything on the lot we were interested in. One dealer had one in PA but it had more options than I wanted and more than I wanted to pay.
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2015, 06:15 PM   #70
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
I agree, ED rocks. If you have the time.
Flipside, who would want to sell a M3 F80 for mid-fifties?
True because they would take a hit selling it in the 50's but I think you missed my point. Most sellers are asking 60's to 70's for their used M3's. A buyer looking for a used one might be tempted to pick up a 2016 in the 60's rather than buy used. Granted he may be giving up an option or two but nothing beats new. That said, there are numerous buyers who want instant gratification and given that they are no more M3's to be ordered they will be willing to pay the same for a used one

My Amazing European Delivery Story
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 08:37 AM   #71
jrodrg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: none yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by darge82 View Post
I went through the same thing the OP did. Luckily with some pull I was able to snatch an M3 allocation.

I heard about the lease rates on March 30. I tried to get in before the end of the month to lock in that rate but we had to go back and forth on trade #s since I was getting out of my F10 lease 1 year early. We finally got everything sorted out around April 4th with the trade. Luckily the rate only changed 1% by them.

Next we needed an allocation. My dealer had none. None of the neighboring dealers had any at the time in the state for an M3, only M4s. They went back and forth with dealers in other states for about a week trying to trade allocations. Luckily with some pull we were able to get an M4 allocation from another dealer in the state and they were able to switch the build to an M3.

By April 9th we finally had everything sorted out. Agreement on the trade, allocated the M4 and switched it to an M3 and received a production #. Production is scheduled for mid-end of May with a late June delivery. At the time allocations were very VERY slim when we looked up and down the east coast and no dealers really had anything on the lot we were interested in. One dealer had one in PA but it had more options than I wanted and more than I wanted to pay.
I was looking in March also but my trade numbers weren't matching up with what I wanted. I've looked PA, VA, NY, OH.... to try and source a good trade number on my current vehicle. Finally I decided to just cut my losses and place an order but I think I may be too late. I don't mind getting a 2016 but it's going to be driven a month before it gets put away for winter so kind of pointless.
Appreciate 0