Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

12-23-2021, 06:20 PM   #1
Kasim13420
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82

Bmw m3/m4 f8x cranks & doesn't start

Any BMW m3/m4 techs on here that would help troubleshoot a starting issue?

Car is BMW M4 COMPETITION 2017

Car is having an electrical panic attack and causing camshaft sesnor short, oil pressure control valve misreading issues, due to the cam sesnor 'short circuit to B+' the engine just cranks & cranks, doesn't start

It was running perfect no issues till fuel ran out as car is at the body shop (has to move to let other cars in and out)

I've checked fuel pump as I thought it was that prior to diagnostics machine getting plugged in that checked out okay.

With the 'short circuit' where should I start?
New sensor, any control modules? Common issues to look out for any help other than take it to dealers will be helpful as I'm one who is willing to learn (car has been hit and yes it was running after the hit running well the odd wastegate and exhaust rattle on cold start)

I will be doing a compression test in a few days waiting for the kit to arrive as of now any pointers welcome, Thank you
Appreciate 0