European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

04-18-2021, 01:25 PM   #45
AlterZgo
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 6MT, 2010 535i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet_F82 View Post
My dealer told me they'll void my warranty if I put on the 4S tires. This is due to them not having a BMW star-marking on them. Currently still on stock PSS.
LMAO! Voiding the warranty for what? Your tires? I guarantee you that if you had to get any warranty work done they wouldn’t even notice your tires unless you’ve changed tires drastically from the stock size. If you are running some odd sizes that take away the front rear height stagger, I can see how that *may* mess your car up, but not if you’re on stock sizes.

If anything I would think the dealer would be more concerned w/ people running spacers and/or aftermarket rims/tires that have a more flush offset which actually can cause increased wear on suspension components and wheel bearings and stuff.

In my case, I had 15mm spacers AND ran wider 265/35/19 and 285/35/19 PS4S, and had car lowered w/ coilovers and my dealer didn’t give 2 shits about any of these mods when I took my car in.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 05:00 PM   #46
hoppes-no9
Private
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 ZCP 6MT

PS4S on my '18 F80 ZCP (305R, 275F) and very happy with them for spirited city/hwy driving. No track time though.
Appreciate 0