EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

04-13-2021, 09:51 AM   #89
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
WTH - why would you need an inspection to buy out the car. That's just cray cray!
My thoughts exactly. I sent a note in to BMWFS and here was their response (basically, we can't help it if some dealers are scumbags that want to use the opportunity to sell you more shit). I did call in to BMWFS previously and they told me if I wanted to finance through BMW it had to go through a dealer (some rule specific to FL). But I should be able to just send a check and avoid the dealer.

Thank you for contacting BMW Financial Services. We sincerely apologize for any confusion we may have caused regarding the purchase of your leased vehicle.

Please note, all automobile dealerships are independently owned and operated businesses, and that autonomy affords them the ability to sell third party protection policies, warranties, service plans, etc. As a captive finance company, BMW Financial Services cannot comment or speculate on the products or services sold by your independently owned and operated BMW Center.

If you wish to purchase the vehicle directly from BMW Financial Services, please contact us via telephone at (800) 959-4269. When you call, please be sure to have your current vehicle mileage with you. A representative would be delighted to provide you with a payoff quote or refinance quote and assist with submitting a credit application.

We hope this response has fully addressed your inquiry. If you have further questions, please respond to this message or contact us at (800) 959-4269, Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET, and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET.
      04-13-2021, 01:25 PM   #90
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3/2011 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
My thoughts exactly. I sent a note in to BMWFS and here was their response (basically, we can't help it if some dealers are scumbags that want to use the opportunity to sell you more shit). I did call in to BMWFS previously and they told me if I wanted to finance through BMW it had to go through a dealer (some rule specific to FL). But I should be able to just send a check and avoid the dealer.
It might be that I'm getting older and crankier... but I'd devise a plan to make the dealer come to your house.

"Gosh, I would love to get an inspection, but with my leg messed up, I can't drive now. Could you come to my house please?"

Then don't answer the door.

buabhabhabhahbahbhahbha

sorry. I'm bad.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 01:48 PM   #91
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
It might be that I'm getting older and crankier... but I'd devise a plan to make the dealer come to your house.

"Gosh, I would love to get an inspection, but with my leg messed up, I can't drive now. Could you come to my house please?"

Then don't answer the door.

buabhabhabhahbahbhahbha

sorry. I'm bad.
Well, I guess I must be getting older too because that sounds like a great idea. When he calls back again, I may try it.
doug_9992141.00

05-04-2021, 05:47 PM   #92
sushmit1990
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i

I have a 2018 340i lease which is going to end in July, with a residual of ~$34.5k and I am considering buying it out.
Looking at the recent posts, I don't see much hope of getting any customer rebate from BMWFS.
I am thinking to finance the buyout with 20k down. Do I need to go via the dealer for this?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 10:07 PM   #93
izzym3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3C'18/MX-5Club'20/MacanGTS'21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushmit1990 View Post
I have a 2018 340i lease which is going to end in July, with a residual of ~$34.5k and I am considering buying it out.
Looking at the recent posts, I don't see much hope of getting any customer rebate from BMWFS.
I am thinking to finance the buyout with 20k down. Do I need to go via the dealer for this?
The dealer would be the easiest but they will make money off of you.
You can always find a lender on your own just let them know your intentions and see if they have a refinance loan for you Credit Unions usually have the best rates. Just get your total payoff including all fees work out a payment plan with the new lender and that’s what you finance from them. They issue you a check payed to bmwfs you send it to them and they will issue the title to the bank. Banks usually have a procedure on this types of transactions. good luck!