BPM
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-04-2019, 04:50 PM   #45
LOW4LYF
Colonel
LOW4LYF's Avatar
918
Rep
2,681
Posts

Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: @Home

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
does this benefit you in anyway if you are severely under milleage for example. 20k on 30k lease
No, I had 4k instead of 45k
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 02:13 AM   #46
ted2014
New Member
1
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: bmw 535
Join Date: May 2014
Location: 美国

iTrader: (0)

hi guys, i almost done with 3 year lease my 2018 BMW 540XI, now i got to learn that the bought out price would be the same as residual value which means i could not talk about price with dealer, right? how to get best offer, as i really like to buy it after i finished 3 years lease. i check number then i found the 36 month* month payment+ residual value > MSPR which means i get to pay more money. which looks like not very cool. that is why i got to know buy it from beginning or just lease it. any suggestions? thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 10:16 AM   #47
drF80
Major General
128
Rep
5,437
Posts

Drives: F80
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted2014 View Post
hi guys, i almost done with 3 year lease my 2018 BMW 540XI, now i got to learn that the bought out price would be the same as residual value which means i could not talk about price with dealer, right? how to get best offer, as i really like to buy it after i finished 3 years lease. i check number then i found the 36 month* month payment+ residual value > MSPR which means i get to pay more money. which looks like not very cool. that is why i got to know buy it from beginning or just lease it. any suggestions? thanks guys
Residual was calculated as a FIXED % off MSRP.
Your payment was calculated as negotiated selling price minus residual (fixed) over payment term (including interest).
So, if Residual + 36 x payment > original MSRP, then you did not negotiate well in 2017...
Don't forget the taxes too (part of your monthly payment), in TX for example, you pay the tax on the FULL sales price, not the lease amount (sales - residual)

However, you can still negotiate the buy out price at the end of the lease.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 01:21 PM   #48
doug_999
Brigadier General
doug_999's Avatar
1493
Rep
3,122
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3/2011 1M
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drF80 View Post
Residual was calculated as a FIXED % off MSRP.
Your payment was calculated as negotiated selling price minus residual (fixed) over payment term (including interest).
So, if Residual + 36 x payment > original MSRP, then you did not negotiate well in 2017...
Don't forget the taxes too (part of your monthly payment), in TX for example, you pay the tax on the FULL sales price, not the lease amount (sales - residual)

However, you can still negotiate the buy out price at the end of the lease.
I disagree - on both counts
1. It would be normal to have the residual plus the monthly payments to be higher than the MSRP - you are in fact paying interest on both the residual and the delta of the purchase price and residual.
2. You can no longer negotiate the buy out price on BMW leases. I believe this changed this year
__________________
2018 M3, Mineral White, 6 speed, ZCP, loaded sans CCB
2011 1M, Black loaded sans sat radio
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 02:56 PM   #49
N1rve
Racecar Driver
N1rve's Avatar
No_Country
157
Rep
369
Posts

Drives: '19 Alpine White BMW M4 (F82)
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Los Angeles, California

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
I disagree - on both counts
1. It would be normal to have the residual plus the monthly payments to be higher than the MSRP - you are in fact paying interest on both the residual and the delta of the purchase price and residual.
2. You can no longer negotiate the buy out price on BMW leases. I believe this changed this year
Some reported that if you ask BMWFS directly, you will only get like 500 off the residual. But you are right that you cannot do a full on negotiation.
__________________
N1rve

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | CF Trim | Moonroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 03:17 PM   #50
White340
Captain
179
Rep
658
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 Competition
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Has anyone tried under their spouses name?
__________________
2018 M3 Competition : AW/SO
2016 340i xDrive : AW/CR (previous)
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 03:52 PM   #51
doug_999
Brigadier General
doug_999's Avatar
1493
Rep
3,122
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3/2011 1M
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by White340 View Post
Has anyone tried under their spouses name?
They say that if BMW finds out it went to the same household, they will charge the dealer the difference between what it was sold for and the residual (plus $500).

I'm sure there is a reason for this (not letting you negotiate a buy out on a car that has depreciated below the residual) - but as a BMW customer, I don't get it. Seems like you are harming your best customer so that someone else can get a great deal? Maybe so you go get a new lease?
__________________
2018 M3, Mineral White, 6 speed, ZCP, loaded sans CCB
2011 1M, Black loaded sans sat radio
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 07:27 PM   #52
LOW4LYF
Colonel
LOW4LYF's Avatar
918
Rep
2,681
Posts

Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: @Home

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Some reported that if you ask BMWFS directly, you will only get like 500 off the residual. But you are right that you cannot do a full on negotiation.
Correct, I got $500 discount
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 02:14 PM   #53
bayarea328xit
Private First Class
United_States
49
Rep
157
Posts

Drives: 19 i3s; 07 328xit (sold)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Buy out price

Keep in mind that BMWFS sometimes provides incentives for the current lease holder to buy out a car if the market is saturated or otherwise non-existent for that particular model.

In our case, BMWFS offered a buyout price that was $6k below the residual value stated on the lease contract to buy out a 2017 BMW i3 REX a year ago. The discount was listed as a "Customer Purchase Promotion".
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 12:11 PM   #54
bagekko
Lieutenant
bagekko's Avatar
United_States
173
Rep
574
Posts

Drives: Lots of BMWs
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: RI/MA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
1995 540i  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2013 BMW 135i Cabrio  [0.00]
The i3 is a rare exception. No one was buying the leases out, the dealers got them for dirt cheap, so they might of offered that deal for a bit, but now because of maybe shady practices unless you buyout the lease on an i3 BMW is not letting the dealers buy them at all and sending all of them to auction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea328xit View Post
Keep in mind that BMWFS sometimes provides incentives for the current lease holder to buy out a car if the market is saturated or otherwise non-existent for that particular model.

In our case, BMWFS offered a buyout price that was $6k below the residual value stated on the lease contract to buy out a 2017 BMW i3 REX a year ago. The discount was listed as a "Customer Purchase Promotion".
__________________
2008 BMW M5 6spd
1995 BMW 540i 6spd
2016 BMW M4 Vert 6spd
2017 BMW X5 35d MSport
2019 BMW i3 120ah REX
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST