Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

02-23-2015, 01:41 PM   #1
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AY M4

M4 Discounts

Guys please help.

Long story short, test drove an M4 today and loved it.

Spoke to a local dealer about floating stock cars within their group and found one pretty much the right spec, list is around £67k... It's in the country and could have it in 2-3 weeks. They're being very tough on offering any discount and at moment, not even 5%

They have a very similar one in their showroom which they're pushing for, my argument is its sat there for 2-3 months and people have been in and out of it as much as a hooker gets used. They're willing to offer a little more on that, as they own the stock, and BMW offers them some sort of credit for having the car on showroom. even then we're probably looking at £5k of a £64k list..

I don't like my car (335d) and i love the M4, is it worth an odd £35k more though?

I bought my current car from them and its part of the deal to part exchange.

Just wondering what people have been offered..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 02:02 AM   #2
Axelf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Z4 35is...

Do it ... You will love it.... I got an ok deal but I only had my M5 for 2.5 months and lost a shed load of money... But I don't mind as I like the M3 better than the M5... Just do it.......
      02-24-2015, 03:01 AM   #3
M2wolf
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Manual

Haven't driven a 335xd. You must do loads of miles to decide on a diesel? so if penny pitching is your priority then stick with it.

But otherwise, if you have the finances you should go for the M car. Just fed up of listening to ppl whinge about financial costs of a M-car.

Don't forget insurance premiums are high, it can be thirsty if you drive it like as a M-car.
      02-24-2015, 03:41 AM   #4
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmarina
Haven't driven a 335xd. You must do loads of miles to decide on a diesel? so if penny pitching is your priority then stick with it.

But otherwise, if you have the finances you should go for the M car. Just fed up of listening to ppl whinge about financial costs of a M-car.

Don't forget insurance premiums are high, it can be thirsty if you drive it like as a M-car.
I have no idea why I went diesel to be honest. I do 12k miles a year max with an average of 26mpg from the 35d am not worried about running costs as I've owned an M3 before and I know what to expect from MPG and insurance.

They way I see it, an M car brings me happiness and I am accepting for that there's a premium.

Am only seeing if someone here know of a dealer who's offering good discounts on an M as my local dealer is being very tight.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 08:03 AM   #5
Rusk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 DCT Tanzanite Blue

My car listed at about the same as you are looking around the £67 mark and I managed to get £4K ish off the price. They would not budge at all to start with by it was mid December and in the end we agreed a slight discount to get me into the car and them a nice big sale for the end of year.

I always say it is about timing with buying a car but I think the Ms are different as they are targeted very differently on them and they know people will buy them even without any decent discount. The only time you will see bigger savings is at the end of the current model life and at that point you will want to wait for the new one anyway.

Buying a premium car is very different than your 'normal' every day car which they need to discount as price is the main buying point to most people and there is lots of competition at that end of the market. How many options are there really when looking at an M4? C63 or RS4 I guess. Mean they hold the market between them.
BMW M4 - Tanzanite Blue, Silverstone Full Merino Leather, M DCT, Comfort Access, Reversing Camera, Sun Protection Glass, Extended Storage, Armrest with sliding adjustment, Interior trim finisher - Pearl Chrome, Adaptive LED Headlights, High-Beam Assistant, Surround-View Camera, M Head-up Display, Harman/Kardon Surround Sound, Internet, Online Entertainment, Speed Limit Display, Piano Black Interior BMW Individual.
Appreciate 1
      02-24-2015, 04:35 PM   #6
siyaralondon
Registered
Rep
Drives: M4 Satin Grey on Black

My M4 listed at 67k and they gave it to me for 62k. The car came straight off the cargo ship and straight to me so wasn't even a static demo! I was speaking to a few dealerships before buying my car so there are definitely offers to be made...

Last edited by siyaralondon; 02-24-2015 at 04:35 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2015, 04:16 AM   #7
M2wolf
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by siyaralondon View Post
My M4 listed at 67k and they gave it to me for 62k. The car came straight off the cargo ship and straight to me so wasn't even a static demo! I was speaking to a few dealerships before buying my car so there are definitely offers to be made...
Do you have pics of your M4? in satin grey? am curious?

Thanks
      02-27-2015, 01:11 PM   #8
thumperbob2002
Rep
Drives: 2014 M4

Got my m4 in nov last year. List was £59k. Deal done for £53k. Incl all sorts - service pack- useless paint protection - fluffy toy.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 01:47 PM   #9
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

I have no idea how you guys managed to get that sort of discount. From what I have heard from fellow 3/4 series owners, no dealer is offering any discount worth mentioning on the M4's...

I tried two dealers, the best I managed was £3500 and I had to proper fight for it! The trade in on my car weren't too bad tbh..

Anyway, I took the plunge and the car order has been sent to factory, dealer says he has a reserved build slot and the aim is to have it delivered to be by end of March!

The painful wait begins!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 02:21 PM   #10
antych
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4CP SO

Garage List
2014 BMW M4  [10.00]
If you want a real discount and be able do drive away with your foot down without having to wait months for delivery and the run-in service, look at the ex-demo cars. You will save about 20%, and there are plenty to choose from in UK.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 02:26 PM   #11
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by antych View Post
If you want a real discount and be able do drive away with your foot down without having to wait months for delivery and the run-in service, look at the ex-demo cars. You will save about 20%, and there are plenty to chose from in UK.
Yes you are correct, except my preference is not to go for a demo car for a number of reason, such as not having a proper run in and thrashed around all throughout the begining of it's life.

I also see it as a hooker, too many guys in and out of it everyday...

If I am buying that sort of car with that sort of money, i think it's worth it spending a little extra, going the new route, customizing it 100% to my own preference.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 02:35 PM   #12
antych
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4CP SO

Garage List
2014 BMW M4  [10.00]
It's more than a little extra, but if that's what you want, go for it At least if you order it now, you should have it by the time the weather improves.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 02:49 PM   #13
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWA View Post
Yes you are correct, except my preference is not to go for a demo car for a number of reason, such as not having a proper run in and thrashed around all throughout the begining of it's life.

If I am buying that sort of car with that sort of money, i think it's worth it spending a little extra, going the new route, customizing it 100% to my own preference.
Hi, I hear you on the new car front but I would say that BMW UK approved used is showing cars with as little as 50 miles with serious money off. My car has already arrived at the dealer and it goes on the road in March but honestly if I could have had my spec with 50 miles on the clock with 15 to 20% off it would have been hard to pass on that. I believe with delivery mileage it is highly unlikely to have been thrashed.
Good luck with your choice and when you get it enjoy it The wait has seemed like forever for me to get my M4
Cheers,
Denso
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 03:10 PM   #14
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by antych View Post
If you want a real discount and be able do drive away with your foot down without having to wait months for delivery and the run-in service, look at the ex-demo cars. You will save about 20%, and there are plenty to chose from in UK.

@antych you are very correct, a lot more than "a little extra"

Denso I could have probably got around £5k extra or more if I went for a car with delivery milage/showroom car.. One of the dealers I was in had an M4 that's been in their showroom for nearly 3 months, every time I went in the dealership I saw various people getting in and out of it, kids messing about, it gets cleaned twice a day, paint work had swirls, white leather's gone blue from people with jeans getting in and out of it.

The dealer desperately pushed for me to go for it and even though it was 90% my spec I didn't want it.

Guess I can be a little narrow minded at times and not look at the overall picture but sometimes little tiny things can put me off completely
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 03:16 PM   #15
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWA View Post
@antych you are very correct, a lot more than "a little extra"

Denso I could have probably got around £5k extra or more if I went for a car with delivery milage/showroom car.. One of the dealers I was in had an M4 that's been in their showroom for nearly 3 months, every time I went in the dealership I saw various people getting in and out of it, kids messing about, it gets cleaned twice a day, paint work had swirls, white leather's gone blue from people with jeans getting in and out of it.

The dealer desperately pushed for me to go for it and even though it was 90% my spec I didn't want it.

Guess I can be a little narrow minded at times and not look at the overall picture but sometimes little tiny things can put me off completely
I hear you and I am pretty much the same as you. Good luck with the purchase and post pics when you take delivery
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 05:13 PM   #16
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Good news MWA, the wait begins
      03-03-2015, 12:00 PM   #17
Dr.Crap
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

You can get money off a 'showroom' car quite easily. I got 7% off.

A factory ordered car is probably a different issue as it doesn't necessarily fit with the dealers immediate sales target.

There is no supply problem with M4s at the moment despite what dealers would have you believe. If you show interest but don't want anything in their immediate stock they then pull up a list of cars that are available to them. You then realise that that short supply, no discount pitch was a load of crap - if that's what they've tried
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 09:53 PM   #18
Rusk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 DCT Tanzanite Blue

MWA the waiting will kill you but it is so worth it!
BMW M4 - Tanzanite Blue, Silverstone Full Merino Leather, M DCT, Comfort Access, Reversing Camera, Sun Protection Glass, Extended Storage, Armrest with sliding adjustment, Interior trim finisher - Pearl Chrome, Adaptive LED Headlights, High-Beam Assistant, Surround-View Camera, M Head-up Display, Harman/Kardon Surround Sound, Internet, Online Entertainment, Speed Limit Display, Piano Black Interior BMW Individual.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 01:34 AM   #19
Deimos
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d

I am going to start hassling my dealer in the next week or so over the phone, then go in and see him on the last weekend of march to see what deal i can get.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 02:28 AM   #20
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusk
MWA the waiting will kill you but it is so worth it!
When someone's worth it, you'd say I'll take a bullet for you
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 02:29 AM   #21
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimos
I am going to start hassling my dealer in the next week or so over the phone, then go in and see him on the last weekend of march to see what deal i can get.
Unless they have a car that's in stock and ready to be registered then it won't be much of help going in last week of March. They hit their targets when the car gets registered.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 02:35 AM   #22
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Crap
You can get money off a 'showroom' car quite easily. I got 7% off.

A factory ordered car is probably a different issue as it doesn't necessarily fit with the dealers immediate sales target.

There is no supply problem with M4s at the moment despite what dealers would have you believe. If you show interest but don't want anything in their immediate stock they then pull up a list of cars that are available to them. You then realise that that short supply, no discount pitch was a load of crap - if that's what they've tried
Originally I went in to Coopers and asked the dealer to narrow down their stock list of new cars down to, YMB, AY and SO, they had at least 15 or 20 cars unregistered in their stocks lists. There is no shortage, so if you're out for a deal, it's there.

I got offered £4k off one of show room, or £3500 off another dealer of factory build with reserved slot... Went for the latter as I wanted a couple of options added

There are deals out there but you have to fight for it, dealers don't like the idea of discounting M4's as they know they can get the deal without much hassle from the customer.

Most customers who want an M4 in the first year of launch are more after exclusivity rather than mass production product with huge discount. They will start discounting them in the 2nd year and later on, to target chaps whom are after discounts and the demand for exclusivity dies down a little

Last edited by MWA; 03-04-2015 at 09:03 AM..
Appreciate 1