Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

04-24-2016, 02:34 AM   #1
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible SS/SS

Garage List
2016 F83 Silverstone on Silverstone

Collected Friday and been driving and learning the tech ever since. So far I'm loving it! The most surprising thing is how well it rides/drives in comfort mode. In test drives I'd had all settings in sport or sport+ but as I've been told to take it easy for the run in period I've pretty much kept it all in comfort and it's surprisingly refined.

CH.
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
      04-24-2016, 02:35 AM   #2
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
I have a ton of questions about the car that I hope members can help answer:-

1. Apps - do I have this feature? I didn't spec it but it looks as though I have it. How do I know for sure?

2. Has anyone found a booster seat that fits the front seat?

3. Is the black kidney surround for a 4 series the same as the gloss black mperf one? It's only £100 so I figure this is sensible way to make it black.

4. I can't play DVD movies. Is this normal?

5. What are people using the centre console for if not getting a snap in phone adapted? Can you buy a rubber insert/mat for this and make it a useful storage area?

6. Can you get black exhaust trims? I don't want to spend £800 or more on carbon ones.

7. Has anybody bought cable and software to do their own coding? If so, what did you buy and where from?

8. I don't have the net inside the glovebox that holds the cup holder cover as per the manual. Is this right?

9. My dealer told me the concierge service is a chargeable subscription. I understood this to be free for 3 years. Is this right? Did something change recently?

10. Is it possible to lower the car without voiding the warranty and, if so, how?

Thanks in advance for any information.

CH.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 02:46 AM   #3
JacksoB
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 in Mineral Grey

Garage List
2016 F83  [0.00]
2014 Discovery HSE Lux  [0.00]
Congrats CH, your car looks amazing. More pics please! I think the F83 looks simply stunning and am so happy with mine. Just wait for the first time you blast through a tunnel with the roof down!!!

I don't have too many answers but those I have a thought on are:

2: I use the Bubblebum. It's an inflatable booster that is great to store in the boot (I keep three in there!) & bring out when you need it. It holds the seatbelt in place much better than other boosters and, while not as good as the large seats with sides etc, I only use them now & again and I think they are fine.

6: See thread "http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1230737". You can get the CP exhaust tips, which are black chrome, to replace your existing ones. You can also get the existing tips powder coated.

8: Me neither - I had the same question!

I have similar questions to you so looking forward to answers from some more informed members than me...
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2016, 03:00 AM   #4
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: RR sport SVR, Vent S, 650s spi

Congrats on you new car CH. looks superb

Sorry I can't answer any of your questions either..

More pics please
Gone - 2016 F80 CP, 2015 991 Turbo S, 2016 LCI M135i. 2015 F10 CP M5. 2015 X5, 2012 E92 CP M3. 2009 E92 335i
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2016, 03:37 AM   #5
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Congrats on your new car, looking forward to some more pics and a proper write-up.

Surprised you cant play DVDs, you can on my 335d but only when stationary of course!

Also surprised about no net in the glove box and lack of concierge service. Seems BMW have been doing a cost cutting exercise?

Be interested to hear what other new owners have to say about these things?

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2016, 05:57 AM   #6
Foretrees
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 YMB-MP Carbon-MPE Carbon

On No 6 - the chrome tips remove easily, powder coat and refit, £40 job done
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-24-2016, 06:27 AM   #7
dunny247
dunny
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: f80 m3 frozen black

Your right in thinking that concierge service is free for 3 years. As for the apps you don't have it unless you subscribe on your connected drive account online. Don't really think it's needed or worth it. For music I just connect my phone through Bluetooth and play music that way through mix cloud or tune in radio app.
No dvd here either which is odd coz I've had it b4.
As far as I'm aware you can do coding yourself with the correct cables. The black surround on the grill is the same as the 4 series according to threads on here and us a cheap alternative and apparently quite easy to clip on to existing slats.
If you lower the car then yes there are some warranty issues if it can be related to the suspension other than that your all good to go.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 03:21 PM   #8
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

So is the concierge nit included in pro media now?
      04-24-2016, 03:34 PM   #9
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarChris
So is the concierge nit included in pro media now?
Well I called the concierge through iDrive today and it called and was answered yet my sales guy told me it's not included.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 03:38 PM   #10
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretrees
On No 6 - the chrome tips remove easily, powder coat and refit, £40 job done
Thanks for this. I might get this done at some point but by a paint shop. I'm not good at painting things.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 03:38 PM   #11
JovanUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '17 M4 F83 CP, '18 M140i SHA.

Congrats CH, looks awesome! Nice to see your car finally delivered after starting the UK deliveries thread. Love the F83

no.3 - I think the m4 has unique grills so 4 series grill will not fit

no. 9 - concierge should be free for 3 yrs as to my knowledge, but could have changed

Not sure on the other ones :/

Cheers Jovan

"If it depreciates, lease it. If it appreciates, buy it."
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2016, 03:49 PM   #12
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Congrats it looks fantastic and you have gone for the best Interior in my eys enjoy
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2016, 04:06 PM   #13
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Congratulations! Looking very nice

The black grilles surrounds are the same as the 4 series.

If you look on you tube for videos of how to change the grills you'll find one by IND. it shows that once out the vertical grill part unclips from the black surround. So essentially you remove your chrome M grills, pop out the double vertical grill bits and clip those into your std 4series black surrounds and reinstall.

Found the video for you.

Appreciate 1
      04-24-2016, 04:17 PM   #14
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929
Congrats it looks fantastic and you have gone for the best Interior in my eys enjoy
Thanks Derek. I was really nervous about the colour but I'm loving it now. Parked it up today and when I was walking back to it it looked pretty special.
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2016, 04:18 PM   #15
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade_7
Congratulations! Looking very nice

The black grilles surrounds are the same as the 4 series.

If you look on you tube for videos of how to change the grills you'll find one by IND. it shows that once out the vertical grill part unclips from the black surround. So essentially you remove your chrome M grills, pop out the double vertical grill bits and clip those into your std 4series black surrounds and reinstall.

Found the video for you.

Thanks for this Ade.
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2016, 06:18 AM   #16
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Looks lovely in that colour. Look forward to some roof down piccies.
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2016, 03:59 PM   #17
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
So today I have the answers to some of my questions. See below:-

1. BMW Apps is a standard feature, as per BMW's website, and tonight I managed to connect my GoPro camera to the car using the BMW GoPro app. Sad I know but I think that's pretty cool

3. The black surrounds to replace the original chrome M4/3 ones are not an OEM item. The ones you see in the video in this thread are from IND. To have them imported to uk doubles the price. Original OEM 4 series M-Sport ones cannot be fitted to the M4/3 as the grill and surround are one piece. I checked this today with my local dealerships parts department. So if you want black kidney surrounds it's a complete replacement or source surrounds only from a third party company.

9. I called the BMW concierge today and requested directions to a petrol station. They answered my call and said they'd send through the directions to my sat Nav. I didn't actually receive the directions but I think it's safe to assume the concierge service is still free. I'll try again and see if I can actually get the directions sent through.

CH.
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2016, 04:06 PM   #18
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawHammer

1. BMW Apps is a standard feature, as per BMW's website, and tonight I managed to connect my GoPro camera to the car using the BMW GoPro app. Sad I know but I think that's pretty cool

3. The black surrounds to replace the original chrome M4/3 ones are not an OEM item. The ones you see in the video in this thread are from IND. To have them imported to uk doubles the price. Original OEM 4 series M-Sport ones cannot be fitted to the M4/3 as the grill and surround are one piece. I checked this today with my local dealerships parts department. So if you want black kidney surrounds it's a complete replacement or source surrounds only from a third party company.

9. I called the BMW concierge today and requested directions to a petrol station. They answered my call and said they'd send through the directions to my sat Nav. I didn't actually receive the directions but I think it's safe to assume the concierge service is still free. I'll try again and see if I can actually get the directions sent through.

CH.
Did you hang up on the call? You have to keep on the line and it will end once data transmitted.
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2016, 04:10 PM   #19
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawHammer

CH.
Did you hang up on the call? You have to keep on the line and it will end once data transmitted.
Mmm... not sure. I did ask what to do explaining that it was my first time I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything as they said to let them hang up and then the data will transfer. I remember seeing in the screen that the data was transferring. Nothing happened for a long time, 5-7 mins, so I came out of that menu to see if a message had appeared in Nav or Office Messages. Will give it another go tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2016, 04:30 PM   #20
Chompers
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d MSport (M) BS /CR

That looks lovely The F80/2/3 forum is a dangerous place to come

Gone: F31 320d MSport BS /CR, E61 520d MSport Bus Ed, E53 X5 V8 Sport
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2016, 04:49 PM   #21
Ronniewales
Enlisted Member
Wales
Rep
Drives: M4 Conv &X1 xDrive 18d M Sport

Enjoy the car, have only had mine 20 days and yesterday went out for the first time with the roof down and took some pictures....
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2016, 05:06 PM   #22
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronniewales
Enjoy the car, have only had mine 20 days and yesterday went out for the first time with the roof down and took some pictures....
Hi Ronniewales,

I saw your photos. Really nice. The Amaro Brown interior looks great. You may be able to help with question 8 above. Did your M4 come with a net fitted to the inside of your glovebox?

Thanks,

CH.
Appreciate 0