EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

06-15-2019, 05:25 PM   #1
xmanpro
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 M8C 24 X6MC 21 M3C

Is this an okay deal on a 2020 M4 Competition?

2020 M4 comp $81,895 MSRP
$1k out of pocket $1030/month with tax at 9.25%
10k year/36month lease
      06-15-2019, 09:17 PM   #2
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanpro View Post
10k year/36month lease
Sounds good to me at $1030 a month if tax is included.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 06:52 AM   #3
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Quote:
10k year/36month lease
No it isn't. It's an average deal.
      06-16-2019, 08:07 AM   #4
Tonyfsu21
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, Jet Black, ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Quote:
Quote:
10k year/36month lease
This is "average"? Seems pretty good to me for a 2020. I'm getting quotes left & right in the $1100/mo range.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 10:12 AM   #5
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyfsu21 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
10k year/36month lease
This is "average"? Seems pretty good to me for a 2020. I'm getting quotes left & right in the $1100/mo range.
It's not fair to compare fuji apples to red delicious apples, but you can get a 4CS for less than what either of you were quoted. It might be the best deal you guys found, which is fair, but that doesn't make it a good deal.

I'd look into what others are getting quoted for similar MSRP and model year cars then go from there.

Check out residual, money factor, all incentives, and discount from MSRP BEFORE incentives. This is a starting point.

Ideally you'd want at least base money factor, all possible incentives factored in, invoice pricing or lower (before incentives), and max residual (this is out of everyone's hands though since it's determined each month by BMW).

Also, when you post deals, it's difficult to determine if and where you're getting hosed without all the details I just mentioned. Dealerships will usually try to hide most of these details to unaware customers.
ReRe397.50
      06-16-2019, 10:45 AM   #6
Tonyfsu21
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
10k year/36month lease
It's not fair to compare fuji apples to red delicious apples, but you can get a 4CS for less than what either of you were quoted. It might be the best deal you guys found, which is fair, but that doesn't make it a good deal.

I'd look into what others are getting quoted for similar MSRP and model year cars then go from there.

Check out residual, money factor, all incentives, and discount from MSRP BEFORE incentives. This is a starting point.

Ideally you'd want at least base money factor, all possible incentives factored in, invoice pricing or lower (before incentives), and max residual (this is out of everyone's hands though since it's determined each month by BMW).

Also, when you post deals, it's difficult to determine if and where you're getting hosed without all the details I just mentioned. Dealerships will usually try to hide most of these details to unaware customers.
Understood. I have scoured the planet looking for this unicorn of a deal on a 4CS. At this point, it simply can't be had. With that being said, it's back to the drawing board and negotiation on a boring ZCP M4 that's apparently going to lease worse then a $100k+ automobile.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 10:48 AM   #7
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir M4

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
10k year/36month lease

Understood. I have scoured the planet looking for this unicorn of a deal on a 4CS. At this point, it simply can't be had. With that being said, it's back to the drawing board and negotiation on a boring ZCP M4 that's apparently going to lease worse then a $100k+ automobile.
There is a limerock grey M4CS up for lease transfer for $962 a month.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 11:01 AM   #8
trendy26
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
10k year/36month lease

Reach out to Global Imports BMW. I think they have a CS they're looking to move
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 11:38 AM   #9
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
10k year/36month lease

You don't need to scour the planet. Just this forum. If you prefer a ZCP over a CS though then none of this is relevant. Keep in mind there is a number of convenience features not available on the CS that some people cannot live with daily.
      06-16-2019, 11:54 AM   #10
Tonyfsu21
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
10k year/36month lease

You don't need to scour the planet. Just this forum. If you prefer a ZCP over a CS though then none of this is relevant. Keep in mind there is a number of convenience features not available on the CS that some people cannot live with daily.
I have already had 2 ZCPs and looking to spice it up a bit. Def in the market for a CS. No comfort access will momentarily suck but I will re-train my brain to circa 2007 pre comfort access and be fine. I'm going to keep looking. Def interested in sub $1000/mo lease for the M4CS.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 01:23 PM   #11
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
10k year/36month lease

Yup. That was me. I had a 2018 M3cs deal in the works for $899 a month with just taxes etc etc.... up front with the dealership willing to take my last two 2016 payments. I just didn't want to live without comfort access and rear climate controls (new baby).

So my 2020 is on a boat for PCD in a few weeks. $900 and change a month. Paying more for a 2020 ZCP then a $104K car.
Appreciate 2
GERMAN M34181.00
minn1914012.00
      06-16-2019, 01:44 PM   #12
Tonyfsu21
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
10k year/36month lease

Yup. That was me. I had a 2018 M3cs deal in the works for $899 a month with just taxes etc etc.... up front with the dealership willing to take my last two 2016 payments. I just didn't want to live without comfort access and rear climate controls (new baby).

So my 2020 is on a boat for PCD in a few weeks. $900 and change a month. Paying more for a 2020 ZCP then a $104K car.
That blows my mind. I'm going to keep searching for the M4CS in SMB that I want. Hope to be able to pull the trigger on one this week.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 01:57 PM   #13
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
10k year/36month lease

That blows my mind. I'm going to keep searching for the M4CS in SMB that I want. Hope to be able to pull the trigger on one this week.
Yes. I'm also a coupe guy and just don't wanna drive a "family sedan"

So I ordered the exact car I wanted. Normally I would have done European Delivery but BMW NA has really fucked up the program.

Keep searching. You'll find a good deal.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 04:21 PM   #14
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
10k year/36month lease

There's one that's been sitting at BMW of San Antonio for at least 4-6 months. They didn't offer great deals in the past, but it doesn't hurt to try your luck. Maybe they've changed.
      06-16-2019, 06:34 PM   #15
xmanpro
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I dont want a CS, I want a regular competition. Thanks for the feedback tho.

I'm still looking around.

Quote:

06-16-2019, 08:20 PM   #16
trendy26
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
10k year/36month lease

To each their own I guess, but sacrificing overall value in the car just to have Comfort Access and Dual Climate, while also getting less car for a higher payment just doesn't make sense to me. Both features are purely for convenience, so in my eyes as long as the AC blows cold and the buttons on the key fob work, I'll take the value and styling of the CS all day long over a COMP pack.
Appreciate 1
Tuscan224.50
      06-16-2019, 10:12 PM   #17
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
I dont want a CS, I want a regular competition. Thanks for the feedback tho.

I'm still looking around.
Numbers look fine IMO. It's not the best deal in the world, but you won't kick yourself for getting this one. I was in the same boat, I didn't want a CS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy26 View Post
To each their own I guess, but sacrificing overall value in the car just to have Comfort Access and Dual Climate, while also getting less car for a higher payment just doesn't make sense to me. Both features are purely for convenience, so in my eyes as long as the AC blows cold and the buttons on the key fob work, I'll take the value and styling of the CS all day long over a COMP pack.
It's a good thing you're not the OP then. We're here to help the OP if his current deal is good or not.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 10:30 PM   #18
xmanpro
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Ugh.

There's a no sale hold on a lot of 2020 M4s right now due to a side airbag issue so we are going to have to go back to the drawing board and/or wait for the parts to come in and install.

I'm too busy right now so will have to farm this out to a broker.

And yeah, I get that the CS is a better "performance value" and I had one lined up for for about ~$880 but I simply want cupholders, cameras and door handles.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Quote:
Numbers look fine IMO. It's not the best deal in the world, but you won't kick yourself for getting this one. I was in the same boat, I didn't want a CS.

It's a good thing you're not the OP then. We're here to help the OP if his current deal is good or not.
      06-17-2019, 02:00 AM   #19
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
10k year/36month lease

Well. My deal was on a "family sedan" M3cs which I just can't get past. I want a coupe. Always have always will. Also for me it's a daily driver. I knew it was gonna get real annoying having to pull out the key everyday for 3 years when I've had comfort access for the last 10. Plus no rear climate for my newborn son. Really? So dumb. I can get executive package and a fuckin sunshade in the CS but not these other "conveniences". And I was settling on a color. Not a fan of any of the CS colors.

In reality I was settling on just about everything in order to get to 60mph a little bit faster and some carbon fiber pieces.

That makes no sense. For me.
Appreciate 1
minn1914012.00
      06-17-2019, 08:49 AM   #20
trendy26
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
10k year/36month lease

Well. My deal was on a "family sedan" M3cs which I just can't get past. I want a coupe. Always have always will. Also for me it's a daily driver. I knew it was gonna get real annoying having to pull out the key everyday for 3 years when I've had comfort access for the last 10. Plus no rear climate for my newborn son. Really? So dumb. I can get executive package and a fuckin sunshade in the CS but not these other "conveniences". And I was settling on a color. Not a fan of any of the CS colors.

In reality I was settling on just about everything in order to get to 60mph a little bit faster and some carbon fiber pieces.

Makes sense, I totally get it. I'm coming from the standpoint of wanting to have more flexibility when it comes to getting out of the car early. With the CS deals going on, it'll be easier to either sell without a loss or have someone assume the lease as opposed to getting a Comp Package M4 and having to stick with it the entire time, unless you're willing to take a loss. Who knows though, I'm only doing a 2-yr lease on mine and that time will fly by.

If you're keeping the car though, than it's a non-issue.
Appreciate 1
      06-17-2019, 12:12 PM   #21
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
10k year/36month lease

Makes sense, I totally get it. I'm coming from the standpoint of wanting to have more flexibility when it comes to getting out of the car early. With the CS deals going on, it'll be easier to either sell without a loss or have someone assume the lease as opposed to getting a Comp Package M4 and having to stick with it the entire time, unless you're willing to take a loss. Who knows though, I'm only doing a 2-yr lease on mine and that time will fly by.

If you're keeping the car though, than it's a non-issue.
I hadn't thought about it in that way. Makes sense also. I always go into my leases with the mindset of "finishing" out the terms.

I figured I would lease one more F82 (which I love) and see how the new G series plays out in a few years. The new M4 won't be available for another 2 years most likely so it will be perfect for me as I don't want a 1st model year anyway.

If the new G82 sucks and is basically and AWD Audi with ///M badges and an automatic I'll skip that bullshit and buy out my lease in the end.
Appreciate 2
trendy26420.50
GERMAN M34181.00
      06-20-2019, 08:57 PM   #22
xmanpro
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Ok here's where I'm at with this as we had to find a different car not impacted by the stop sale, leaning towards 24 months but who knows, anyway, please let me know what you guys think.

Option #1:
MSRP: $87,340
Price: $77,115
-$7750 incentive
= net price: $69,365 – ($17,975 discount)
Term: 24 months
Miles per year: 10K
Out of pocket: $1K
Residual: $55,024.20
Payment: $920.44 + tax = $1003.29

Option #2:
-$7750 incentive
Term: 24 months
Residual: $55,024.20
Lease Wear & Tear: $1525
Payment: $989.65 + tax = $1078.72

Option #3:
-$7750 incentive
Term: 36 months
Residual: $49,783.80
Payment: $821.06 + tax = $894.95

Option #4:
-$7750 incentive
Term: 36 months
Residual: $49,783.80
Lease Wear & Tear: $1525
Payment: $867.46 + tax = $945.53

Quote:
10k year/36month lease
minn1914012.00