Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

07-19-2014, 12:55 AM   #45
TonyP83
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND View Post
Unfortunately H&R has put a stop on all of their shipments of the new M3/M4 part number for the time being, linking the delay to production issues. We may be in a holding pattern until H&R gets their issues resolved!
Any word on the springs delivery or why they were delayed?
      07-23-2014, 10:34 AM   #46
TT1351
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135, GTS, E30 M3+

Spoke with Turnermotorsport yesterday, while on the phone, they called H&R shipments are expected end of August, beginning of September. The new pn is specifically for the M4 and is not a generic 4 series spring. Front drop is 1.3 inches, rear is 1.2, which from what I can see will close the wheel/tire gap with out being to low. Just my two cents, for what that's worth, which by today's standards is not much.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 03:01 PM   #47
TonyP83
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1351 View Post
Spoke with Turnermotorsport yesterday, while on the phone, they called H&R shipments are expected end of August, beginning of September. The new pn is specifically for the M4 and is not a generic 4 series spring. Front drop is 1.3 inches, rear is 1.2, which from what I can see will close the wheel/tire gap with out being to low. Just my two cents, for what that's worth, which by today's standards is not much.
Nice thanks.

I'm glad to see they dropped the front a little more than the rear. That front gap is an eyesore.
      08-12-2014, 03:52 AM   #48
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE

Garage List
Does anyone know what the spring rates of these H&R vs stock??
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 02:26 PM   #49
Dalko43
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4/3rds View Post
They have to allow for chains to be added to the tires. If you don't need that BS, lower the car a little. What geometry? You've mentioned this before with no source of information.
That's one of the most stupid things I've ever heard. Snow chains dictated the ride height and suspension setup of the M4?

And what do you not understand about a car's geometry? Do you understand how center of gravity and chassis balance works? If you want to slam your car because you like the look, go right ahead, but you're kidding yourself if you think you're not degrading the car's performance.
Appreciate 0