BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

09-20-2016, 09:20 AM   #1013
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Work performed prior to release from the VDC is never recorded for public consumption in DCS . It IS recorded internally within BMW's production system.

Cars that received new diffs prior to delivery simply will never show that this particular campaign is required when the VIN is pulled up in DCS. In other words, the car's VIN will be removed from the list of affected vehicles. So, it doesn't show that it was fixed, but it also won't ever show that it needs to be fixed.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 09:35 AM   #1014
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Yoda View Post
I guess I'm having a hard time trusting BMW at this stage. Traditionally I would never think about checking to see if a repair has been preformed but this mess is anything but a normal situation. I've been on top off all the threads regarding this diff fiasco. Many of the affected people have been told their car was repaired only to find out it was not and they still need to wait on parts. One hand isn't talking to other in many instances. Why would I trust what special sales is telling me in this case? I want to see that the repair has been performed in writing. I'm leasing this time around and might buy at the end. If they can't confirm this has been resolved they can keep it at lease end. Why would I purchase a performance vehicle with unknown potential issues? Would you?
Do you count every box of Kleenex you buy to make sure there are really 160 sheets in them or 500 sheets on your toilet paper? Are you sure that BMW put the wiring in right? Or put a washer on every bolt?
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 09:51 AM   #1015
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4
Quote:
I guess I'm having a hard time trusting BMW at this stage. Traditionally I would never think about checking to see if a repair has been preformed but this mess is anything but a normal situation. I've been on top off all the threads regarding this diff fiasco. Many of the affected people have been told their car was repaired only to find out it was not and they still need to wait on parts. One hand isn't talking to other in many instances. Why would I trust what special sales is telling me in this case? I want to see that the repair has been performed in writing. I'm leasing this time around and might buy at the end. If they can't confirm this has been resolved they can keep it at lease end. Why would I purchase a performance vehicle with unknown potential issues? Would you?
Do you count every box of Kleenex you buy to make sure there are really 160 sheets in them or 500 sheets on your toilet paper? Are you sure that BMW put the wiring in right? Or put a washer on every bolt?
Well I am sure of a couple things. They put a faulty rear differential in my car that prevented me from taking delivery in Munich over it. Ohh Ya then they lied and said it was for safety reasons when in fact it was not (BMWs admission). Ohh wait I forgot they told me no one could take delivery in Germany with a faulty diff when in fact another forum member took delivery in front of me in his M car. Wait I forgot we are all priority customers according to BMW (another of the many lies). You compare these situations to Kleenex and toilet paper? Jezzz.

My initial point is that there is a lot of bullshit surrounding this issue and I don't believe what they are telling my anymore. Still haven't gotten my car either which is exasperating the situation even more. Early May build.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 10:18 AM   #1016
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Well I am sure of a couple things. They put a faulty rear differential in my car that prevented me from taking delivery in Munich over it.
BMW does not build the differential - a vendor does. BMW put a stop delivery out as soon as they became aware of a problem to avoid the customer getting a faulty differential.

Quote:
Ohh Ya then they lied and said it was for safety reasons when in fact it was not (BMWs admission).
BMW put out a Technical Service bulletin - theses are not for Safety. Recalls are for Safety and a recall was never issued on the differential problem.

Quote:
Wait I forgot we are all priority customers according to BMW (another of the many lies).
We are not priority customers. The cars we ordered are Priority 1 because they are ordered by a customer. They have a customer name assigned to them not just a dealer name.

Quote:
You compare these situations to Kleenex and toilet paper? Jezzz.
I also compared it to checking the wiring and bolts on your BMW.

Quote:
My initial point is that there is a lot of bullshit surrounding this issue and I don't believe what they are telling my anymore. Still haven't gotten my car either which is exasperating the situation even more. Early May build.
It was six months from when I ordered my car until I got it. Sometimes we have to wait for things. We can choose to be happy or choose to be miserable. I am dying from emphysema and I choose to enjoy the life I have left and not be fretted by the life that I don't have left. There are many people in this thread with your same circumstances that have handled it very differently.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 3
      09-20-2016, 10:46 AM   #1017
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4
Quote:
Well I am sure of a couple things. They put a faulty rear differential in my car that prevented me from taking delivery in Munich over it.
BMW does not build the differential - a vendor does. BMW put a stop delivery out as soon as they became aware of a problem to avoid the customer getting a faulty differential.

Quote:
Ohh Ya then they lied and said it was for safety reasons when in fact it was not (BMWs admission).
BMW put out a Technical Service bulletin - theses are not for Safety. Recalls are for Safety and a recall was never issued on the differential problem.

Quote:
Wait I forgot we are all priority customers according to BMW (another of the many lies).
We are not priority customers. The cars we ordered are Priority 1 because they are ordered by a customer. They have a customer name assigned to them not just a dealer name.

Quote:
You compare these situations to Kleenex and toilet paper? Jezzz.
I also compared it to checking the wiring and bolts on your BMW.

Quote:
It was six months from when I ordered my car until I got it. Sometimes we have to wait for things. We can choose to be happy or choose to be miserable. There are many people in this thread with your same circumstances that have handled it very differently.
Not sure why you want to debate me on this as all I wanted was assurance in writing that my diff has in fact been replaced. Sounds pretty simple. I'll take the bait none the less.

IT DOES NOT MATTER who builds the differential. I've seen this argument before. (You?). It doesn't fly. BMW is responsible. Period! We purchased the car from BMW not the differential manufacture. Maybe they should be more careful who they partner with.

I don't give 2 shits about semantics. Service bulletin vs actual recall. I was told by numerous people including BMW in Germany that it was in fact a safety concern/issue. This doesn't constitute a lie in your book? I should just take their word for it that now they are telling me the truth the diff is fixed and all is well. Haha.

Let's talk about the priority customer situation. BMW has told numerous people (anyone care to chime in) that there cars were a priority for diff repair. You know the people that were fucked over the most by this mess (ED customers come to mind). I'm not talking about the Bullshit priority "line up" at the ports. They were supposed to push people to the front of the line for repair which as we now know is complete bullshit. Just look at crusie_bone situation. He was priority. They fucked him and told him he was priority. They lied and told him all kinds of BS. The guys car hasn't even made it here yet.

I've actually been very good about this mess. I didn't torture the staff at the Welt. God. I didn't even get my home dealership or CA involved at all. They were good to me so I left them out of the fray. I did get BMW NA involved for compensation though and rightly so.

I handled this pretty fuckin well. This a BMW forum after all and I can voice my displeasure and frustration here as needed. Especially after having a total of 11 BMWs over the years in our family.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 11:17 AM   #1018
backagain
just a fool
China
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO coded M3

I don't think BMW is intentionally trying to screw its customers, but sometimes incompetency or lack of better information sharing gets in the way.

On this past Sunday, I took redelivery of my ED M3. It was quite straight forward, and quick. Before I walked out the door, I asked them to check whether my differential was replaced at VPC. They were like, "No, it wasn't replaced. But how did you know about that campaign? Wait, you have to sign this acknowledge form before you go." I just bit my lips without saying a thing.

Things can go wrong in the 6-7 order/delivery process. A smoother communication with more readily shared information would have saved everyone's frustration, my CA's included.
Appreciate 3
SakhirM410784.50
Vooj41.50
      09-20-2016, 11:28 AM   #1019
backagain
just a fool
China
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO coded M3

Quote:
Let's talk about the priority customer situation. BMW has told numerous people (anyone care to chime in) that there cars were a priority for diff repair. You know the people that were fucked over the most by this mess (ED customers come to mind). I'm not talking about the Bullshit priority "line up" at the ports. They were supposed to push people to the front of the line for repair which as we now know is complete bullshit.
Yup, they told me that I'm priority-0 as an ED customer. Didn't get differential replaced when the car docked port 1 month after the issue surfaced - they already had parts there. Didn't get an priority going through the VPC process. The work order was open for 3 weeks, which only required 1200-mile service and a bumper replacement. 3 delivery dates were "estimated" and slipped.

Other non-ED buyers had their car on the same vessel, but got theirs 3 weeks earlier. So I don't feel I got any priority treatment.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 07:20 PM   #1020
m_matt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335m | 2016 F80 zCP

I'm actually very happy they didn't replace my diff. Waiting an extended six weeks for nothing wasn't great, but BMW took care of me for that. No noise from my diff and and I know the last to touch the car was the factory. I'm in no rush to get it fixed until they have solved everything. Meaning I don't want a quick fix and improper bolts installed when a mechanic at the VPC is in a rush because they have a back load of 300 + cars to swap diffs on. Drive the car and enjoy it.
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410784.50
'Cane8617.50
      09-20-2016, 11:16 PM   #1021
whatever
Rep
Drives: e90

I just wanted to thank everyone for info. I've reunited with my M3.

July 8th - Pick up @ Welt;

July 20th - Drop off @ Frankfurt;

July 27th - On RORO - Orion Highway ;

August 10th - Arrive at Brunswick ;

August 24th - Replacement rear diff arrive;

August 29th - Rear differential replaced ;

September 19th - PCD .

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 06:08 PM   #1022
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, '17 G30

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
8 week later - REDELIVERY. It also has 14 miles on it now...oh well.

Also both my European plates were missing...wondering if anyone else experienced the same. Dealer is blaming the fact it went back to the factory before it shipped as why they're gone.

09-24-2016, 11:12 AM   #1023
tke743
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungE30 View Post
8 week later - REDELIVERY. It also has 14 miles on it now...oh well.

Also both my European plates were missing...wondering if anyone else experienced the same. Dealer is blaming the fact it went back to the factory before it shipped as why they're gone.
Dealer is probably dead on with that. My ED cars were delivered to the dealership with the European plates still attached.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 11:17 AM   #1024
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

ED plates are removed at customs sometimes. I made sure to take one with me just in case.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 03:13 PM   #1025
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode
ED plates are removed at customs sometimes. I made sure to take one with me just in case.
what sucks is Wolfgang my ED rep at the Welt wouldn't let me have one of them and said both need to stay on when car is returned to factory for thw diff replacement.
      09-24-2016, 03:22 PM   #1026
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungE30
Quote:
what sucks is Wolfgang my ED rep at the Welt wouldn't let me have one of them and said both need to stay on when car is returned to factory for thw diff replacement.
I'm sure there gonna do it to me also. I plan on going here if/when my plates don't make it back to me.

https://www.customeuropeanplates.com...FYYmhgod33IIyA

It looks like we can even get the Zoll seal/sticker
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 03:26 PM   #1027
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
They won't let anyone take them anymore. I think they used to let people take one at drop off but a few years back they started to require both be left on.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 04:06 PM   #1028
Vooj
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB M4 ZCP

I have followed this thread pretty intently since I am part of it (31 May production date). I finally got my car delivered to my front door on the 20th and because of the differential confusion, they didn't bother to even do a PDI. The whole process was the worst consumer experience of my life, so I get where Master Yoda and so many others are so upset. Had they ruined a vacation in Europe I would be choke-punching folks.

Since I have my car I feel a little better now, but I was sad telling BMW service to make sure I am on the diff list with approximately a 1 month wait. On the upside, BMW and BMW Military Sales did take care of me. BMW MS paid the 2.5% import tariff, no questions asked, and BMW NA just mailed me a check for $2395, for an M Performance Parts quote, which approximately covers my 3 months of car payments without my car. With those combined savings, I ended up about $3500 under invoice with no state taxes ahead of me.

Was it worth it...I don't know. The experience sucked and my cool M4 delivered to my front door was far from memorable in the good way. I am on the fence if I will stay with them in the future, which hurts as it is my 4th BMW and I have been a BMW enthusiast since I was a child.
Appreciate 1
      10-10-2016, 11:20 AM   #1029
BDWonder
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdevil View Post
Finally Picked up Fire Orange M3 on Saturday.. It was a long wait but at the end it was good... color looks amazing ...

Finally.. time to do some mods .. will be posting more pics of mods on IG (Follow #pumpk.1n)
Hey, just looked at the ordering guide, and it states that Fire Orange is NOT metallic paint! Is this true??? So it wont shine and be more matte?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2016, 08:17 AM   #1030
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDWonder View Post
Hey, just looked at the ordering guide, and it states that Fire Orange is NOT metallic paint! Is this true??? So it wont shine and be more matte?
Non metallic, like Alpine White or Jet Black, not matte or frozen.

Last edited by 'Cane; 10-11-2016 at 08:23 AM..
Appreciate 1
BDWonder138.00
      10-12-2016, 09:35 PM   #1031
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

bmw gave me back a payment on my m5 for this whole fuck up, which happened over 2 months ago. never ended up getting my individual car i ordered. actually got another car priced 10k more. so that part sucked. waiting 5 months for something, and not getting it sucked.

i asked my california dealer to at least take a pic of the car when it got there, asshole said he sold it the same day it arrived. never even got to see the dam thing.

overall, i'll probably never do this new car thing again. it was way too stressful.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 09:36 PM   #1032
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDWonder View Post

you sound confused.

sakhir is orange (but it has metallic flakes in it)

fire orange is orange (but it is solid, has no metallic flakes in it)

it will shine just as bright, trust me.
Appreciate 1
BDWonder138.00
      10-12-2016, 11:34 PM   #1033
BDWonder
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
you sound confused.

sakhir is orange (but it has metallic flakes in it)

fire orange is orange (but it is solid, has no metallic flakes in it)

it will shine just as bright, trust me.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 09:53 AM   #1034
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
bmw gave me back a payment on my m5 for this whole fuck up, which happened over 2 months ago. never ended up getting my individual car i ordered. actually got another car priced 10k more. so that part sucked. waiting 5 months for something, and not getting it sucked.

i asked my california dealer to at least take a pic of the car when it got there, asshole said he sold it the same day it arrived. never even got to see the dam thing.

overall, i'll probably never do this new car thing again. it was way too stressful.
Whatever happened to that M5 you cancelled?