GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-08-2017, 09:26 AM   #45
BoosTonian
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 MB C63 S AMG Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PayamFSU View Post
Injen has a new intake that should improve sound but keep the engine bay clean like stock, not sure if anyone has talked about this one on the forum before.
These are the ones I got. Fantastic fit and finish.

Bms was a joke..drop in filters aren't bad...and the injen open-cone intakes are great for sound.

The stock f8x intakes are so well designed that unless you're pushing 25+psi, don't expect more then 10whp from them..majority do it for sound.

retired: GranTurismo MC, Giulia Quadrifoglio, B8.5 RS5, Q60 RedSport, e82 135, F80, e92 M3, e90 M3, (2) e92 335, B8 S4, C209 CLK55 AMG, e46 330
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 06:13 PM   #46
vmarch27
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SNAILS View Post
I'm running max psi intakes, pretty much identical to the msr's without the extra price! They feel and sound amazing!
I was thinking about max psi but some people say not as good as others any chance you have a video of sound clip and have you driven in hot temps to notice a difference in throttle. thank you
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 06:41 PM   #47
2SNAILS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blurple

Garage List
2018 F80  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmarch27 View Post
Quote:
I'm running max psi intakes, pretty much identical to the msr's without the extra price! They feel and sound amazing!
I was thinking about max psi but some people say not as good as others any chance you have a video of sound clip and have you driven in hot temps to notice a difference in throttle. thank you
When u mentioned people say not as good as others in terms of what?? Fitment,performance etc? Besides MSR ,Max Psi, or RKtunes what other true cold air intakes is there that suck cold air from the front? All other options to my knowledge take on all hott air from the engine bay. How is that any benefit to breathing for the car? To me the sound alone was worth the coin to spend as the sound is intoxicating and pure bliss lol. I don't believe there are any gains with any intake out there, no matter what they claim! If anything maybe 5hp at best. But these do feel like the car pulls like a whooshing freight train lol. I had driven my car all summer long wit hot temps and had no issues with throttle response. The only thing i can say is if you don't daily your car and leave your car sitting there for longer periods of time, they will need to readapt again. I will try to get sum sounds clips when i get a chance but would strongly recommend to hear them in person if possible. Hope this helps, wooooooshhhhh
Appreciate 1
Fugazii234.50
      03-09-2017, 01:12 AM   #48
Fugazii
Captain
Rep
Drives: G82/2022

Those running MSR do you have any issues with keeping the filters clean? Can any venders DM me price thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 06:42 AM   #49
AlexNFH
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
When u mentioned people say not as good as others in terms of what?? Fitment,performance etc? Besides MSR ,Max Psi, or RKtunes what other true cold air intakes is there that suck cold air from the front? All other options to my knowledge take on all hott air from the engine bay. How is that any benefit to breathing for the car? To me the sound alone was worth the coin to spend as the sound is intoxicating and pure bliss lol. I don't believe there are any gains with any intake out there, no matter what they claim! If anything maybe 5hp at best. But these do feel like the car pulls like a whooshing freight train lol. I had driven my car all summer long wit hot temps and had no issues with throttle response. The only thing i can say is if you don't daily your car and leave your car sitting there for longer periods of time, they will need to readapt again. I will try to get sum sounds clips when i get a chance but would strongly recommend to hear them in person if possible. Hope this helps, wooooooshhhhh
AWE is a closed box taking the air from the front and it looks fantastic.

Alex
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 07:18 AM   #50
JoeyBananas
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: NA

Is it almost a gaurantee I'll have issues with BMS intakes? I'm pretty meticulous when it comes to install and will lightly oil O-rings and seatbthebsensor properly but has EVERYONE had some kind of idle issues with these? Or is it usually install related?

(Intakes are already purchased so I don't plan on switching)

A few posts above someone called BMS intakes a joke? (Are they really that bad?)
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 04:37 PM   #51
hdubf80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 ///M3 AW/SO/DCT

So will the dual cone intkaes rob power during the California summer heat? Or would i have been better sticking with my BMC filters and stock boxes?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 04:53 PM   #52
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdubf80 View Post
So will the dual cone intkaes rob power during the California summer heat? Or would i have been better sticking with my BMC filters and stock boxes?
You would be best sticking with OEM airboxes and BMC filters.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 05:24 PM   #53
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBananas View Post
Is it almost a gaurantee I'll have issues with BMS intakes? I'm pretty meticulous when it comes to install and will lightly oil O-rings and seatbthebsensor properly but has EVERYONE had some kind of idle issues with these? Or is it usually install related?

(Intakes are already purchased so I don't plan on switching)

A few posts above someone called BMS intakes a joke? (Are they really that bad?)

There are literally hundreds of sets of the BMS S55 intake out and I rarely hear of any issue from them. Whatever issue you would have like a less smooth cold idle any intake is going to give the same problem. Install with confidence.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 06:43 PM   #54
JoeyBananas
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Ok Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 08:23 PM   #55
PayamFSU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP YMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoosTonian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PayamFSU View Post
Injen has a new intake that should improve sound but keep the engine bay clean like stock, not sure if anyone has talked about this one on the forum before.
These are the ones I got. Fantastic fit and finish.

Bms was a joke..drop in filters aren't bad...and the injen open-cone intakes are great for sound.

The stock f8x intakes are so well designed that unless you're pushing 25+psi, don't expect more then 10whp from them..majority do it for sound.
How do they sound ? Are you happy with them? Any fitment issues? What else's have u heard to compare them to?

2018 F80 ZCP 6MT YMB/SO
2015 F82 M4 6MT AW/SO - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 11:55 PM   #56
Fugazii
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
There are literally hundreds of sets of the BMS S55 intake out and I rarely hear of any issue from them. Whatever issue you would have like a less smooth cold idle any intake is going to give the same problem. Install with confidence.

Mike
Yes BMS is the most popular due to price. But that said doesn't mean their the best. I rather $pend a few more Benjamins and get MSR people swear by them no complaints except price.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 11:57 PM   #57
Justin.AutoTalent
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Skip to half way

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 03:34 AM   #58
Shmelgy
B.E.
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 & 1969 Mustang Fastback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugazii View Post
Those running MSR do you have any issues with keeping the filters clean? Can any venders DM me price thanks.
No problems. I had some small pebbles in between the ridges of the filter after going off the track, but usually just give it a quick little spray when I wash the car or hit it with compressed air
Appreciate 1
Fugazii234.50
      03-13-2017, 06:11 PM   #59
Fugazii
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmelgy View Post
No problems. I had some small pebbles in between the ridges of the filter after going off the track, but usually just give it a quick little spray when I wash the car or hit it with compressed air
I contacted Justin@AutoTalent and asked for extra filters. He said MSR doesn't offer replacement filters so I need to research before I buy thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 09:20 PM   #60
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F-Pace SVR

i keep going back n forth over the eventuri

i like the idea of more turbo noise, as the car can definitely do with some more theatre

but the price is still a massive hurdle

i ended up buying some afe dry filters, will give them a go and report back. our ADM cars don't have the charcoal filters, and there's a little turbo noise stock, will be good test to see if drop in's alter the sound, if at all
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 11:33 PM   #61
Justin.AutoTalent
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmelgy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugazii View Post
I contacted Justin@AutoTalent and asked for extra filters. He said MSR doesn't offer replacement filters so I need to research before I buy thanks!
As I mentioned in our conversation, the MSR Filters are T304 grade Stainless Steel mesh filters

If you ever have to replace them due to damage he will gladly swap them out, however you will never need to swap them due to degradation like a wet or dry filter like BMC or K&N
Appreciate 1
Fugazii234.50
      03-15-2017, 10:56 AM   #62
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.AutoTalent View Post
As I mentioned in our conversation, the MSR Filters are T304 grade Stainless Steel mesh filters

If you ever have to replace them due to damage he will gladly swap them out, however you will never need to swap them due to degradation like a wet or dry filter like BMC or K&N
All for the low low price of 2000 dollars!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 01:13 PM   #63
Justin.AutoTalent
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.AutoTalent View Post

All for the low low price of 2000 dollars!
That induction sound though
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 01:24 PM   #64
JoeyBananas
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Pretty sad that at the age of 36 I spent $400 (BMS) on an intake for Sound knowing it wont do a goddamn thing, lol. oh well, looks pretty I guess
Appreciate 1
Fugazii234.50
      03-22-2017, 04:55 PM   #65
Irishsig
In Hoc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 6MT MG/SO

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Ahhh so true, we're all a bunch of SUCKAS!!
      03-22-2017, 07:47 PM   #66
cuthang
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBananas View Post
Pretty sad that at the age of 36 I spent $400 (BMS) on an intake for Sound knowing it wont do a goddamn thing, lol. oh well, looks pretty I guess
Appreciate 0