ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

07-02-2019, 05:12 AM   #1
///M-pressed
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F82 M4

Remus midpipe - quieter?

Hi all,

I got the Remus non-resonated mid pipe fitted to my M4 that has the stock ZCP muffler. Prior to installing the mid-pipe, the car sounded bassy/boomy from 1000-3000rpms, but after installing the mid-pipe it's lost that bassy/boomy sound from 1000-3000rpm and on partial throttle, sounds like the valves are not open!

Only when getting onto full throttle and higher up the rev range does the exhaust sound loud, but I was wondering if this is normal or if the exhaust wasn't fitted properly? Has anyone else noticed this with a mid-pipe/ZCP muffler combination?

The valves are definitely open as I can hear them engaging when I put the car into sport mode.
F82 M4 | 6-speed manual | PP performance Stage 2 tune | Re-valved Bilstein B16s | VRSF midpipe | OEM CS front splitter | OEM GTS hood | OEM M-performance rear diffuser| Evolve tuning catless downpipes | 310rwkw (415rwhp)
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 12:19 AM   #2
ArialBlack
Enlisted Member
Cote DIvoire
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attuale View Post
Hi all,

I got the Remus non-resonated mid pipe fitted to my M4 that has the stock ZCP muffler. Prior to installing the mid-pipe, the car sounded bassy/boomy from 1000-3000rpms, but after installing the mid-pipe it's lost that bassy/boomy sound from 1000-3000rpm and on partial throttle, sounds like the valves are not open!

Only when getting onto full throttle and higher up the rev range does the exhaust sound loud, but I was wondering if this is normal or if the exhaust wasn't fitted properly? Has anyone else noticed this with a mid-pipe/ZCP muffler combination?

The valves are definitely open as I can hear them engaging when I put the car into sport mode.
The valves don't open until the throttle is about 3500 rpm in sport mode.

Are you using a valve controller/module to have the valves open on start?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 04:37 AM   #3
longlasting
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 m3

I have non zcp and I added AA MID pipe and my car has changed dramatically. Sounds is a lot louder deeper tone and burbles now
Appreciate 0