GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

03-30-2020, 03:25 PM   #1
dvd112
finally_allthat
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, 2016

New M4 (for me)

Hey all,

I picked up my late 2016, M4, non ZCP with dsg in August. I love it! But, I have only drive. C. 3000 miles between the weather and other things.

In the last couple of weeks I have noticed this mark on the vinyl top park of the driver interior door panel. Now up close it looks like small white cracks and marks in the deep crevasses on the vinyl. However when I use some of my poor boys interior cleaner it looks great. But when it dries the white marks come back. It looks like something spilled on it. But for the life of me I can't remember doing it!

I have tried to take a phone. But difficult to see

Any help welcome ???
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 11:12 PM   #2
jdgamble
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18 CQM M3 - My family car

Looks like COVID. Sorry. Everything looks like COVID to me right now.

Do you rest your arm there? Could it be from sweat or something?

Orrrr... Could it have been there from the previous owner and you just didn't notice it until now?

They have some good plastic restorers out there that would probably last several months... just treat it if it bothers you.
      04-03-2020, 10:31 AM   #3
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd112 View Post
Hey all,

I picked up my late 2016, M4, non ZCP with dsg in August. I love it! But, I have only drive. C. 3000 miles between the weather and other things.

In the last couple of weeks I have noticed this mark on the vinyl top park of the driver interior door panel. Now up close it looks like small white cracks and marks in the deep crevasses on the vinyl. However when I use some of my poor boys interior cleaner it looks great. But when it dries the white marks come back. It looks like something spilled on it. But for the life of me I can't remember doing it!

Any help welcome ???
Try this. I have used it and it holds up great. I mostly apply this to the trim around my front windshield because the washer fluid leaves water marks all over the trim which makes it look disgusting.

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-Ulti.../dp/B0055PD1H4

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 1
dvd1124.50
      04-04-2020, 02:10 AM   #4
dvd112
finally_allthat
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd112 View Post
Hey all,

Any help welcome ???
Try this. I have used it and it holds up great. I mostly apply this to the trim around my front windshield because the washer fluid leaves water marks all over the trim which makes it look disgusting.

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-Ulti.../dp/B0055PD1H4
Thanks !!! I have gtechnique trim restorer on order. I used that previously on my mini and it worked a treat.

Wish me luck!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 07:01 PM   #5
Pauloh7979
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4

That's sunscreen.
Appreciate 0