EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

12-02-2019, 11:47 PM   #1
dannyz_M4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 Frozen White M4 Comp

Anyone in au have an Alex-Alpine MS tune?

Just randomly looking around randomly for tunes and it seems Alex has some pretty good reviews.

Anyone in Melb have his tune and do you recommend it?

Any other concerns input?

Danny
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 12:45 AM   #2
agxr6
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 pure

I've had mine since July, highly recommend it,
Car runs great, sounds bit tougher, everyone I know has noticed except for my wife and she drives it every day, haven't told her about it yet.
Tons more power than stock with great delivery, but everything feels like bmw did it, it's that level of refinement that I love the most.
I got gts engine (stage 2), dct and diff, with cs suspension settings. Rest of the car is stock.
Only thing I'm pissed off about is I did it just after my track day, next time going to be lots of fun

Last edited by agxr6; 12-03-2019 at 02:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 12:55 AM   #3
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz_M4 View Post
Just randomly looking around randomly for tunes and it seems Alex has some pretty good reviews.

Anyone in Melb have his tune and do you recommend it?

Any other concerns input?

Danny
Alex is very knowledgeable and a top bloke. Support is excellent.

Don't hesitate mate - one of the best on the BMW platform.
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2019, 08:10 PM   #4
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F-Pace SVR

hate to be dependent on someone with a laptop in another time zone

id just go with bm3 and do it yourself

the ability to tweak the map to your liking is unparalleled on this platform atm
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 08:20 PM   #5
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
hate to be dependent on someone with a laptop in another time zone

id just go with bm3 and do it yourself

the ability to tweak the map to your liking is unparalleled on this platform atm
You've got confidence to do that. I prefer set and forget. Many people don't want customisability.

For an off the shelf tune, Alex offers the best product out there by some margin in my opinion.

As far as time zone goes - he has got me out of a jam at all hours and on many occasions.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 09:26 PM   #6
agxr6
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

I got my stuff from the post at 4pm and sent him a text, 10pm L.A. time?, he had no hesitation to do it on the spot, took about 1.5 hours,
I've got different files on my laptop, his software easy to use to swap maps, simple!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 09:32 PM   #7
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgmt View Post
You've got confidence to do that. I prefer set and forget. Many people don't want customisability.

For an off the shelf tune, Alex offers the best product out there by some margin in my opinion.

As far as time zone goes - he has got me out of a jam at all hours and on many occasions.
you can set and forget a bm3 map too, there are multiple maps to choose from, flashable in seconds - customising is optional

i am just against having to rely on someone else to flash an ots product - i want ability at any time and any location to flash a stock map or code trans/chassis

i also don't need to carry a laptop with me to flash maps, all done on my phone

end of day, each to their own

edit: i will just add, i've tried bpm and openflash tunes, and the bm3 cs+ map is best by far, linear oe+ power delivery, driveability is flawless, especially throttle tip in moving off from rest which a lot of tuners are finding hard to manage. but of course if you want that big midrange torque hit, there are stage 1/2 maps available

Last edited by domino_z; 12-03-2019 at 09:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 09:57 PM   #8
dannyz_M4
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

I tend to agree! I would rather set and forget, not confident in connecting myself and doing all this flashing.. I'll leave that to the people that do that for a living. So far I have not heard a negative thing about Alex, service and availability wise and his tunes!
I would probably feel safer letting him remotely connect to my Computer and assessing possible issues then me trying to figure it out.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 09:58 PM   #9
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I tend to agree! I would rather set and forget, not confident in connecting myself and doing all this flashing.. I'll leave that to the people that do that for a living. So far I have not heard a negative thing about Alex, service and availability wise and his tunes!
I would probably feel safer letting him remotely connect to my Computer and assessing possible issues then me trying to figure it out.
Exactly mate. His tunes are smooth and well within safety limits. He's available any time to help. You can't go wrong with him.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 11:37 PM   #10
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

fair point fellas, then alex is prob you're only avenue as cant think of any tuners who will remote flash your ecu
Appreciate 1
drgmt984.50
      12-04-2019, 12:08 AM   #11
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Each to their own.

Anything stage 2 or above I wouldn't be comfortable tuning without a gintani crank hub fix.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 12:19 AM   #12
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by agxr6 View Post
I got my stuff from the post at 4pm and sent him a text, 10pm L.A. time?, he had no hesitation to do it on the spot, took about 1.5 hours,
I've got different files on my laptop, his software easy to use to swap maps, simple!
Yep. I've got him at all hours and he's helped me out. On some occasions he wouldn't even take money. Top guy.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 01:24 AM   #13
dannyz_M4
Private First Class
Rep

Have my appointment made... Very accommodating in finding a time that suited me...
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 01:36 AM   #14
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Each to their own.

Anything stage 2 or above I wouldn't be comfortable tuning without a gintani crank hub fix.
Agreed

I tried the stage 1 bm3 for shits n gigs and, apart from me feeling like that midrange torque hit just overwhelms the chassis and mechanical grip and forces you to short shift like it a diesel, that overarching feeling of mah crank hub every time that torque hits
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 03:45 AM   #15
Thomass
Registered
Rep
Drives: e30

hello
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 04:00 AM   #16
mynameisplayer
SCHNELL
Rep
Drives: F15 50i, E46, E90, Crafter van

Waiting for someone to do local Ecutek flexfuel for F80...
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 07:15 PM   #17
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisplayer View Post
i was super keen for ecutek when i heard, having used their flex setup on my big r35 gtr build, and all the cool features that come with, rolling launch, map switching on fly, advanced traction etc

tbh unless you're actually going to use e85, and you'd def want crank hub, and even a hybrid turbo swap, to really exploit all the extra features, i don't think it's worth the hassle

these canned maps are so good these days on modern highly adaptable ecu's that there's literally no benefit in a custom tuning platform anymore
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 03:00 AM   #18
///M-pressed
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F82 M4

I got my M4 tuned by Evolve technik in Melbourne. Pretty happy with the tune! Although, it wasn't cheap.
F82 M4 | 6-speed manual | PP performance Stage 2 tune | Re-valved Bilstein B16s | VRSF midpipe | OEM CS front splitter | OEM GTS hood | OEM M-performance rear diffuser| Evolve tuning catless downpipes | 310rwkw (415rwhp)
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 04:16 PM   #19
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisplayer View Post
Diversion Garage has done this. There was a post on their face book group a while back.

https://www.facebook.com/57297413947...796172218/?d=n
      12-08-2019, 04:51 PM   #20
dannyz_M4
Private First Class
Rep

Had Alex work his magic... his service is above expectation, and very straight forward.. Makes it all seem too easy.. He was VERY accommodating in finding a suitable time for me...

Tune is a GTS like tune (Stage 2)... Out feels great! Linear, below 3500rpm it just feels like stock, above 3500rpm it just continues to pull hard!! It doesn't feel over powered either nor too torquey... Haven't had too much time too drive it around but love it!! Will report back more...

Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me what their ZCP stock 'Sports Display' reads? I never looked at mine previously but only started using it now since tune?? Mine now with tune reads 400kw max and 640Nm max...
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 07:06 PM   #21
agxr6
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Had Alex work his magic... his service is above expectation, and very straight forward.. Makes it all seem too easy.. He was VERY accommodating in finding a suitable time for me...

Tune is a GTS like tune (Stage 2)... Out feels great! Linear, below 3500rpm it just feels like stock, above 3500rpm it just continues to pull hard!! It doesn't feel over powered either nor too torquey... Haven't had too much time too drive it around but love it!! Will report back more...

Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me what their ZCP stock 'Sports Display' reads? I never looked at mine previously but only started using it now since tune?? Mine now with tune reads 400kw max and 640Nm max...

Drive it for a month and then flash stock file back in, then you'll appreciate the tune even more! Have fun with it
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 11:17 PM   #22
amberzombie
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: MG F80 ZCP

Garage List
2007 E90 320i  [0.00]
I did mine a couple of months back. I initially just wanted a DCT tune to get rid of the bucking when pulling off a traffic light, but after reading about his GTS tunes, I decided to go for it.

The addition of the burbles is definitely a great feature. I have the Competition exhaust and it sounds awesome, even when you're just driving in Sport (Engine) with D1 on the DCT.

I can easily take off from a stand still without looking like an idiot now.
Appreciate 0