proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

12-10-2016, 04:50 AM   #111
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsojon View Post
Have you tried yours on 19" yet? I really like it, both the regular MPSS and the now Hankook winters on the 437m wheel. I'm not saying I won't put the 666 20s back on but I won't be rushing to do it
No not had any opportunity to try 19s. I'm not sure I could justify the expense TBH for the gain it gives me!!! I guess it would be a couple of grand for second hand wheels and tyres?

Having said that, I guess you can sell them on again when you sell your car (putting the 666's back on your car). So depending on the thread depth, you'd get some money back.

I'm not interested in buying an additional set for winters, never used them and dont do enough miles to justify them. My car was perfectly fine at -6 deg C last week and if it snows bad, I'll either take the missus car to work or work from home.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 05:52 AM   #112
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
Since my change of heart following that 335d I tested the other week, I drive mine in Comfort suspension all the time and I find it not bad at all. Still not as comfortable as the 430d loaner I had yesterday, but its not bad given the handling.

But yes, I remember you commented on differences between your M4 and my M3, both CP's.
Have you tried yours on 19" yet? I really like it, both the regular MPSS and the now Hankook winters on the 437m wheel. I'm not saying I won't put the 666 20s back on but I won't be rushing to do it
Do you find the ride better with the 19"?
      12-10-2016, 07:34 AM   #113
gatsojon
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP SSII/SS

Garage List
2017 BMW M4 CP  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
Yes. Just that little bit more compliant over the 20s. Enough to take the edge of the shite roads in Manchester whilst keeping it sharp enough.
      12-10-2016, 08:44 AM   #114
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwojcik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post
I need to go out in another f80.
Hey Andy, I may be up your way between Chrimbo and the New Year. I might bring Grey up if you fancy meeting?
Yep would be great. I don't need to drive just a ride around on some local roads
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 09:02 AM   #115
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes. Just that little bit more compliant over the 20s. Enough to take the edge of the shite roads in Manchester whilst keeping it sharp enough.
Think I may have to go this route.. The M3 I have on loan is no where near as hard and the road noise is dramatically less..
      12-12-2016, 12:48 PM   #116
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Update - no update it seems they have run out of ideas and are speaking to Germany....
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 02:50 PM   #117
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Update - no update it seems they have run out of ideas and are speaking to Germany....
It must be a common thing as my loaner does it and so does my M4.

Either that of it's something to do with the new diffs, keep me posted as the dealer still has mine and I have no idea when I am getting it back..
      12-12-2016, 02:55 PM   #118
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:

Either that of it's something to do with the new diffs, keep me posted as the dealer still has mine and I have no idea when I am getting it back..
Hmm not good, would love to hear another to see if it's the same thing. I could only describe it as being a knocking type suspension noise at lower speeds and at higher speeds more like a metal plate rattling at the back somewhere. Only of rough ground though.

It is worrying especially after tell me they PDI are car and that did it...

I'll let you know when I get anything useful.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 02:58 PM   #119
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hmm not good, would love to hear another to see if it's the same thing. I could only describe it as being a knocking type suspension noise at lower speeds and at higher speeds more like a metal plate rattling at the back somewhere. Only of rough ground though.

It is worrying especially after tell me they PDI are car and that did it...

I'll let you know when I get anything useful.
It's the same noise I think, it's a knocking at low speeds that sounds like the exhaust knocking or something hitting the underbody of the car. Mine got better with a new shock but still not fixed..

Amazing really especially for such a premium car
      12-12-2016, 05:01 PM   #120
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Mine seems to be much better since they changed the shock. Not really knocking at all.

But my clicking parcel shelve noise is pissing me off. They said "it's the competition package" implying the car may have rattles due to the suspenion set up of the CP.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 05:39 PM   #121
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
Mine seems to be much better since they changed the shock. Not really knocking at all.

But my clicking parcel shelve noise is pissing me off. They said "it's the competition package" implying the car may have rattles due to the suspenion set up of the CP.
Ask them to show you where it says that in the brochure or in the website? It's utter rubbish, it's the poor build quality that's the problem!!
      12-13-2016, 01:53 PM   #122
rjwojcik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW Golf GTD

Quote:
Ask them to show you where it says that in the brochure or in the website?

To true
      12-13-2016, 03:52 PM   #123
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

I can live with rattles and most can be fix easily but I'm worried what mine is going to come back like if they continue to rip it apart.

It's now sat gathering dust in a warehouse not being looked at now. Suspect I'll not getting anything positive back before the holidays.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 05:15 AM   #124
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I can live with rattles and most can be fix easily but I'm worried what mine is going to come back like if they continue to rip it apart.

It's now sat gathering dust in a warehouse not being looked at now. Suspect I'll not getting anything positive back before the holidays.
What are they waiting for? Have they given you a better car yet?
      12-14-2016, 03:15 PM   #125
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Not heard anything since Monday when they told me they had no news. Nothing about another car.

So I had a chat with the wife and we sent a mail off to BMW finance notifying them that we which to reject the car.

I have had enough pissing about and if they are not going treat it seriously they can have it back.
Appreciate 1
RKR278.50
      12-15-2016, 11:51 AM   #126
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Not heard anything since Monday when they told me they had no news. Nothing about another car.

So I had a chat with the wife and we sent a mail off to BMW finance notifying them that we which to reject the car.

I have had enough pissing about and if they are not going treat it seriously they can have it back.
Let me know how you get on with that as I have been thinking along the same lines if they don't fix mine this time
      12-16-2016, 04:20 AM   #127
RKR
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP

Quote:

Also interested to hear what the finance company says, PM me if you'd prefer. Appreciate all the work you're doing to try resolve the issue

Sick to death of it now too. I fitted winter tyres to the 666's a few days ago and the noise is noticeably louder, so much so that passengers are now noticing when they weren't before. Will perhaps stick it in for a 3rd time for them to take a look and this time hopefully hear the same noise that I am hearing. How the technician can't hear is beyond me
      12-16-2016, 07:57 AM   #128
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKR View Post
Quote:

Also interested to hear what the finance company says, PM me if you'd prefer. Appreciate all the work you're doing to try resolve the issue

Sick to death of it now too. I fitted winter tyres to the 666's a few days ago and the noise is noticeably louder, so much so that passengers are now noticing when they weren't before. Will perhaps stick it in for a 3rd time for them to take a look and this time hopefully hear the same noise that I am hearing. How the technician can't hear is beyond me
Update on mine is they have changed everything and they are still not happy with it.. Looks like I will not be getting mine back for a while.
      12-16-2016, 03:02 PM   #129
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

I have not heard anything from anyone since Monday, no reply from customer services mail, no reply from BMW finance email and nothing from the dealership.

All very odd anyone think there is something up with these car and they are trying to workout what the hell it is?

I'm guessing that is not the case and they just haven't done anything.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2016, 03:44 PM   #130
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I have not heard anything from anyone since Monday, no reply from customer services mail, no reply from BMW finance email and nothing from the dealership.

All very odd anyone think there is something up with these car and they are trying to workout what the hell it is?

Well like you I have no eta so I temped just to reject it and go and get something else.. I spent so long (like you) waiting for this car and it's done is spend time at the dealer..

Not on for a £70k car
      12-16-2016, 04:08 PM   #131
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Well like you I have no eta so I temped just to reject it and go and get something else.. I spent so long (like you) waiting for this car and it's done is spend time at the dealer..

Not on for a £70k car
How long has yours been with them now?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 03:52 AM   #132
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not on for a £70k car
How long has yours been with them now?
It's the second time it's been in now for the same problems and in total about 3 weeks. What worries me is that there is no idea what the problem is (both shocks replaced with top mounts etc) still knocking. Now have to wait for Germany like you..