EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

12-01-2021, 04:31 AM   #45
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
Checking online prices, RR are holding their value better than BMW. The Range Rover Sport holds its value much better than an X5 for instance from what I can tell looking at online sources…
Yeah that's not true at all. RR's are well known for tanking in value.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 05:46 AM   #46
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
Quote:
Checking online prices, RR are holding their value better than BMW. The Range Rover Sport holds its value much better than an X5 for instance from what I can tell looking at online sources…
Yeah that's not true at all. RR's are well known for tanking in value.
LOL. Looks like X5 tanks even faster…

You can also check Carvana and other sites for anecdotal data to validate..

https://caredge.com/compare/deprecia...er-sport-vs-x5
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 07:32 AM   #47
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
So basically they took the car with the worst reliability of all and decided the engine also needed to be the least reliable of all. Best of both worlds!

$150 when new, $50 in 3 years…
Car wasn't even released yet…
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 08:12 AM   #48
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So basically they took the car with the worst reliability of all and decided the engine also needed to be the least reliable of all. Best of both worlds!

I was comparing current RRS to X5 as an example. No reason why a new RR will depreciate faster.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 08:22 AM   #49
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was comparing current RRS to X5 as an example. No reason why a new RR will depreciate faster.
Your opinion has been recorded
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 06:10 PM   #50
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
I'm going to love seeing people getting locked out of their cars from the door handles malfunctioning. Bold move, Land Rover.
The drivers door handle can be released without power to access the physical key lock cylinder.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2021, 01:30 PM   #51
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

JLR Releases New Details on Range Rover SV Models

NEW RANGE ROVER SV: HOW INNOVATIVE AND EXQUISITE MATERIALS DEFINE MODERN LUXURY FROM SPECIAL VEHICLE OPERATIONS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Rover Newsroom
With exclusive design details and material choices throughout, the New Range Rover SV from Special Vehicle Operations will offer greater scope for personalization than ever before. It’s estimated New Range Rover SV can be configured in more than 1.6 million* different ways. Ahead of order books opening in early 2022, customers can learn more about the New Range Rover SV luxury and personalization at landroverusa.com.

New Range Rover SV is distinguished by carefully crafted enhancements that showcase and complement the vehicle’s modernist design. Exclusive front bumper and five-bar grille designs set the new flagship model apart, with the lower aperture featuring five precisely executed full-width metal-plated blades. Exquisite materials chosen for their tactility include smooth ceramics, sustainably sourced woods and lustrous plated metals, highlighting the passion for quality and uncompromising attention to detail of Special Vehicle Operations.

Working with the finest materials and innovative technologies has enabled us to introduce even more luxury into every part of the New Range Rover SV. This attention to detail and quality is evident throughout the vehicle and is symbolized by our new white ceramic SV roundel on the tailgate.

Cool Ceramics
New Range Rover SV is the first vehicle from Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) to carry the new ceramic SV roundel, which represents the SVO team’s design and engineering passion for modern luxury, performance and capability. The roundel introduces a simplified ‘SV’ model name that will identify all new Land Rover vehicles launched by Special Vehicle Operations in the future.

Smooth, tactile ceramic is also featured inside, giving the gear shifter, Terrain Response® and volume controls an elegant cool-to-the-touch feel. These exclusive ceramic components are produced using the same techniques as luxury watch faces. The raw material is injection molded to shape, then sintered at 2,700+ degrees Fahrenheit. A precision grinder creates a perfectly even surface before the components are either diamond polished or sand-blasted to achieve the desired gloss or satin finish. The whole process takes around ten weeks, including final quality inspection by hand.

Ceramic coated finishers with an intricate, embossed mosaic pattern are also available as an alternative to wood or metal.

Meticulous Marquetry
The expert craftsmanship of Special Vehicle Operations extends to the interior wood veneers, including optional mosaic marquetry on the center console. Made from FSC-certified wenge, the meticulously arranged veneer features hundreds of hand-laid laser-cut pieces, the smallest of which measures just one-quarter by one-third inch (6mm by 8mm). For Long Wheelbase vehicles specified with the four-seat SV Signature Suite, the marquetry extends from the front of the cabin, right through to the fridge door in the rear, gradating through the center console on all horizontal surfaces including the electrically deployable Club Table.

Super-Soft Leathers
As standard, Range Rover SV features a monotone semi-aniline leather interior with uniquely shaped seats and SV-specific embroidery patterns. Near-aniline options with the natural finish and tactility of furniture-grade leather are also available: softer, with fewer treatments and less pigmentation for a more natural feel while meeting the Land Rover brand’s demanding durability standards. Advanced production techniques increase the utilization of every hide by ten percent.

Sustainable Ultrafabrics™
For the first time, Special Vehicle Operations customers can specify a Range Rover with a sustainable leather alternative by choosing the Light Cloud and Cinder Grey Ultrafabrics™ option with the SV Intrepid interior theme. Featuring a soft haptic and technical aesthetic, this polyurethane material has all the tactile qualities of leather but is 30 percent lighter and generates only a quarter of the CO2 in its production. This is complemented by Kvadrat Remix textile on seatbacks and headrests.

Metal Plating
The exterior of the New Range Rover SV is enhanced by lustrous Atlas Silver or Anthracite metal-plated trim on the grilles, lower tailgate, rear fender ingot and bodyside graphic with laser-etched SV logo.

Exclusive Wheels
Optional triple-finish 23-inch forged Diamond Turned Dark Grey Gloss alloy wheels designed specifically for New Range Rover SV are among the 7 different wheels that can be specified, depending on powertrain and design theme. Their ten directional spokes are handed and feature theme-matched Bright Atlas Satin Silver, Narvik Black Gloss or Corinthian Bronze Satin inserts.

Individual Paint
New Range Rover SV customers can choose from a selection of the standard Range Rover color palette or one of 14 additional colors in the SV Bespoke Premium Palette, which includes a range of vibrant Gloss and sophisticated Satin finishes. Customers can also specify a contrast roof in either Narvik Black or Corinthian Bronze, depending on the body color chosen.

The SV Bespoke Match to Sample paint service, which can replicate any exterior color a customer requests, provides virtually limitless scope for individuality.

The levels of craftsmanship and detail found in the New Range Rover SV reflect a fresh and luxurious approach to our modern design philosophy. By expanding the choice of innovative and exquisite material finishes and curated choices available to our clients, they now have further opportunity to personalize their Range Rover SV to reflect their own character.

Curated Design Themes
Specially curated SV Serenity and SV Intrepid design themes are key to the personalization journey on New Range Rover SV. These themes can be specified independently for the exterior or interior, in conjunction with the standard Range Rover SV exterior or interior, or applied as one theme to the whole vehicle. In total there are seven different design theme combinations to choose from.

The pure luxury-focused SV Serenity theme builds on the vehicle’s Atlas Silver exterior detailing with sophisticated Corinthian Bronze accents, including the optional Corinthian Bronze contrast roof and wheel accents, while the SV Intrepid theme’s Anthracite and Graphite Atlas elements lend the New Range Rover SV a stealthier, more dynamic character.

Inside, these design themes introduce contrasting two-tone front-to-rear colorway options, which highlight the focal point of the interior – rear seats for SV Serenity, front seats for SV Intrepid. Additionally, the SV Intrepid interior features a rectangular perforation pattern for the SV-specific seats, offers the progressive non-leather Ultrafabrics™ option, and features Satin Black ceramic controls in place of Gloss White.

Preview the New Range Rover SV
New Range Rover SV will be available for order in early 2022, when final prices and specifications will be confirmed. It will be available in both Standard and Long Wheelbase (LWB) body designs, including a five-seat LWB configuration for the first time. LWB customers also have the option of specifying the four-seat SV Signature Suite with electrically deployable Club Table and integrated refrigerator. Powerful and refined, a new 523hp twin turbocharged V8 engine is the standard powertrain for the New Range Rover SV.

Learn more about the New Range Rover SV at http://www.landroverusa.com/vehicles...-rover/sv.html.
Name:  RR_22MY_LWB_SV_Serenity_SV_Intrepid_171221_001.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  276.7 KB

Name:  RR_22MY_LWB_SV_Serenity_171221_006.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  432.1 KB

Name:  RR_22MY_SV_Ceramics_171221_001.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  458.5 KB
      12-22-2021, 01:20 AM   #52
Olimpr
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW 430d xdrive

Range Rover Sport is a state of the art in design and extremely comfortable. With the hart I love X5 but with my head I have to choose RRS
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 11:55 AM   #53
stein_325i
No_Country
Rep

LR Opens Orders for New Plug-In Hybrid Variant with 48-Mile Range

NEW RANGE ROVER: ORDERS OPEN FOR FLAGSHIP SV MODEL AND EXTENDED RANGE PLUG-IN HYBRID WITH 48 MILES OF EV RANGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Rover Media
The full breadth of the luxurious New Range Rover family is now available to order for the first time. Land Rover has confirmed prices for the advanced Extended-Range Plug-in Hybrid model and the exclusive Range Rover SV, while revealing performance figures for the plug-in hybrid electric powertrain.

The P440e Extended-Range Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) offers exceptional efficiency, with a manufacturer estimated EV range of 48 miles, pending EPA certification, offering customers even greater breadth of capability.

Since its launch at the Royal Opera House, in London, in front of leaders from the world of art, culture, business and sport, Land Rover has experienced unprecedented demand for New Range Rover. More than 2 million individual configurations have already been carried out on the Land Rover website, highlighting the global appeal of the original luxury SUV.

"New Range Rover is the most desirable, elegant and capable luxury SUV in the world. Our efficient new Extended-Range Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle powertrain elevate the driving experience with a fine balance of performance, refinement and efficiency, enabling owners to complete whisper quiet zero emissions journeys." - NICK COLLINS, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR VEHICLE PROGRAMMES, JAGUAR LAND ROVER

The New Range Rover effortlessly combines breath-taking modernity and aesthetic grace with technological sophistication and seamless connectivity – with space for up to seven adults for the first time.

ELECTRIFIED FUTURE
New Range Rover will become the first in a series of all-electric Land Rover vehicles when the 100 percent electric model debuts in 2024, with every Land Rover vehicle set to be available with pure-electric propulsion by the end of the decade - helping Jaguar Land Rover achieve net zero carbon across its products, operations and supply chain by 2039 as part of its Reimagine strategy.

The 2023 Range Rover P440e Extended-Range Plug-in Hybrid is available to order now, priced from $104,900(2) in the U.S. The New Range Rover SV is available to order in SWB, priced from $186,850(2), and LWB models, priced from $211,200(2). Configure yours at landroverusa.com.
Name:  lr.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  114.1 KB
      02-03-2022, 06:31 PM   #54
stein_325i
No_Country
Rep

Finally got to check out the new RR in person. Very impressed. The design is a fantastic evolution while mastering the art of simplicity and understatement, with small little details such as how the windows meet the metal of the doors without any trim exposed only adding to the design. The interior is vastly improved over the previous L405 model with superior materials as well as a new user friendly infotainment system and the return of HVAC controls. Seat comfort is also of course splendid and with the recline feature in the long-wheelbase model one can really relax and be chauffeured in the back of the new Rover. The only area I think they could improve is with the exterior door handles they could feel more expensive and solid, as they feel a bit cheap compared to the S-Class which is covered in metal and chrome and features a nice and solid feel.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  320.5 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  310.7 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  249.4 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  398.1 KB