Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

08-18-2021, 09:32 AM   #1
Street_insainity
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp, X5M Comp

Garage List
2017 bmw m4  [0.00]
Mod Emporium review

Hello All,

Just wanted to share my experience when dealing with Mod Emporium and Vince.

I know Vince through an M group chat, and through there I decided to upgrade my F8x headlights.
it was a very simple process, I showed him which headlights were on my vehicle and he gave me a layout of all the available upgrades for my vehicle.

Transaction was easy enough though PayPal.
I didn't need to worry about shipping as Vice worked with me and told me to just drop them off at his home address (which was convenient as I live in northern NJ and he's in Long Island NY). Saved me about 200 dollars in shipping one way.

When removing the headlights he was able to provide me with tips and tricks to make the process as easy as possible.

I ended up damaging one of the brackets and the locktite nut/bolt assembly and he replaced them for free. Guy really goes above and beyond.

Overall he gave me a great discount, and kept me in the loop as each thing was done from painting the inner housing, to the ring upgrades, etc and hooked me up with a few upgrades along the way.

I would deff recommend him and trust me this guy takes alot of pride in his work. His OCD drives him nuts if things don't align the same!

so long story short, great guy, great work 10/10 would recommend.

check him out on IG ModEmporium
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-19-2021, 12:15 AM   #2
Fat Goose
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F83 ZCP 6MT | F/A-18E

Head lights look great! Like the F83, what type of spoiler is that? And where did you get it?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 09:33 AM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Thank you for the review

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 2
      08-19-2021, 10:08 AM   #4
Street_insainity
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2017 bmw m4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Goose View Post
Head lights look great! Like the F83, what type of spoiler is that? And where did you get it?
Hey Buddy,
sadly they don't make any nice rear spoilers for f83 so I got a psm style one from ebay. everything else on the car is authentic vorsteiner, besides the trunk lip.

hope this helps!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 08:28 PM   #5
Spoolin Montego
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16 m3/20 x5m/23 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_insainity View Post
Quote:
Hey Buddy,
sadly they don't make any nice rear spoilers for f83 so I got a psm style one from ebay. everything else on the car is authentic vorsteiner, besides the trunk lip.

hope this helps!
There are many f33/f83 specific spoilers…
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 10:35 AM   #6
Street_insainity
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2017 bmw m4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin Montego View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Hey Buddy,

hope this helps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin Montego View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Hey Buddy,

hope this helps!

the only one I saw was from RKP. and it really didn't even look all that good IMO. if you could throw some places that sell f83 spoilers I don't mind looking at something different
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 10:46 AM   #7
Fat Goose
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F83 ZCP 6MT | F/A-18E

Quote:
the only one I saw was from RKP. and it really didn't even look all that good IMO. if you could throw some places that sell f83 spoilers I don't mind looking at something different
Same, why I asked!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 10:41 PM   #8
Mod_Emporium
Headlight Guru
Rep
Drives: M4/M3/330

Really appreciate the review!
Thank you so much for the kind words!!!!

It's exactly people like you that make all this hard work worth while brother

Thank you for allowing us to be apart of your build

If anyone reads this just mention this review and we will hook you up with 5% off your build
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2021, 09:07 PM   #9
F10toF80
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

I unfortunately cannot support this company. As mentioned, Vince was very accommodating and provided great customer service from date of purchase to questions after install. Unfortunately, once things started to fail in the headlights, the seller plain out ignored my messages. The headlights produce SIGNIFICANT condensation after EVERY car wash (for which he does not claim any responsibility), I get continuous daytime running light errors (I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and call this an issue with my car), but worse off, the switchback eyebrows discoloured after less than 2 years of use. Vince claims he would be sending me a replacement part 4 months ago, yet I have not received it. Now message after message I send him, he ignores my messages. All I’m asking for now is simple guidance on how I can turn off the eyebrows and he chooses to ignore my messages. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS BUYER unless you want to replace your headlights every 2 years. Unfortunately for him, I know a lot of influential people in the F80 community that I will be sharing my warning with. Do yourself a favour and stay away
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2021, 10:59 PM   #10
Mod_Emporium
Headlight Guru
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10toF80 View Post
I unfortunately cannot support this company. As mentioned, Vince was very accommodating and provided great customer service from date of purchase to questions after install. Unfortunately, once things started to fail in the headlights, the seller plain out ignored my messages. The headlights produce SIGNIFICANT condensation after EVERY car wash (for which he does not claim any responsibility), I get continuous daytime running light errors (I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and call this an issue with my car), but worse off, the switchback eyebrows discoloured after less than 2 years of use. Vince claims he would be sending me a replacement part 4 months ago, yet I have not received it. Now message after message I send him, he ignores my messages. All I'm asking for now is simple guidance on how I can turn off the eyebrows and he chooses to ignore my messages. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS BUYER unless you want to replace your headlights every 2 years. Unfortunately for him, I know a lot of influential people in the F80 community that I will be sharing my warning with. Do yourself a favour and stay away

Whats up Victor.
It's unfortunate to hear you are upset.

You are over a year out of warranty and have a manufacturing defect unrelated to our installation.

As we discussed previously, sending your lights in for repair is the only way we can resolve this issue.

Significant condensation is usually because you have an open access panel, however some condensation is normal as there are a half dozen vents on the back of the headlights.

As far as errors, you have bad drl modules, unrelated to our work.

But like we have always said and continue to do so-

We will happily repair the defect that occurred from the manufacturer BavGruppe designs, out of warranty. You just need to send the lights in.

Our company doesnt even charge labor for this. We eat it up and take a loss, we charge for the parts (at our cost) and shipping that's all.
Appreciate 1
deemack79285.50
      12-01-2021, 04:37 AM   #11
deemack79
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Heavy influencing taking place here.
Appreciate 1
      12-01-2021, 08:13 AM   #12
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
From what I have seen is Mod emporium always makes it right. You should work with him.

Alpine MSS Stage 2+ E30 tune|MST Intakes|VRSF Single Mid Pipe|Agency Power Intercooler|VTT Full solution crank hub fix
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2022, 10:35 AM   #13
F80P104SC
Registered
Rep
Drives: F80 Comp

False advertising

Mod_Emporium is ran by a swindler, Vince. As you can see when issues arose for F10toF80 he denies. I called him out for photoshopping a picture to give people a false idea of how dark he could get the lights, where you can clearly see the aluminum hood became 'wavy' at the perimeter. In which he claims was not, and BMW makes squiggly lines. Anybody could easily see it was photoshopped to appear darker. He then proceeded to let me know I'm stupid. Don't get hustled by this guy, he can't even photoshop well. How are you going to trust he knows what he's doing with headlights. CLOWN.
Attached Images

Last edited by F80P104SC; 03-17-2022 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: Added Photo
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 10:43 AM   #14
Mod_Emporium
Headlight Guru
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80P104SC View Post
Mod_Emporium is ran by a swindler, Vince. As you can see when issues arose for F10toF80 he denies. I called him out for photoshopping a picture to give people a false idea of how dark he could get the lights, where you can clearly see the aluminum hood became 'wavy' at the perimeter. In which he claims was not, and BMW makes squiggly lines. Anybody could easily see it was photoshopped to appear darker. He then proceeded to let me know I'm stupid. Don't get hustled by this guy, he can't even photoshop well. How are you going to trust he knows what he's doing with headlights. CLOWN.
Nothing is photoshopped as we have said, but you continue to harass us on our posts, cluelessly.
You clearly don't know what we do as a company.
You could just push the car owners page and see his photos as we don't get take the photos, they do.

This post you made definitely proves everything. Have a better day brother.
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2022, 10:49 AM   #15
F80P104SC
Registered
Rep

Harass you HAHA. I called you out, plain and simple. Your reply was "stick to working out". It reflects poorly upon your business. Warning to all.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 10:51 AM   #16
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Appreciate 2
      03-17-2022, 10:55 AM   #17
Mod_Emporium
Headlight Guru
Rep

What you should do I go ask the owner about the photo he took and its details so you can stop making a clown out of yourself.

No idea why you're in a rage, Have a better day.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 10:56 AM   #18
F80P104SC
Registered
Rep

Not hard to understand if you read it Vince, your literacy is as good as your photoshop skills. See original post where I added the photo. Your best bet would be to blame the car owner for photoshopping it now. And I know you like a good excuse. Let me know if you want to meet up, I'd love to show you who I am and send you back to New York.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 11:01 AM   #19
Mod_Emporium
Headlight Guru
Rep

Quote:
Not hard to understand if you read it Vince, your literacy is as good as your photoshop skills. See original post where I added the photo. Your best bet would be to blame the car owner for photoshopping it now. And I know you like a good excuse. Let me know if you want to meet up, I'd love to show you who I am and send you back to New York.
Not sure what the issue is here, you're upset that we blacked out a set of headlights.

It's clear to everyone that you're a deeply troubled individual, please seek help and have a better day.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 11:24 PM   #20
CYANiDE
First Lieutenant
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: X5 4.0i M Sport

Quote:
Did you get swindled? He reposted a pic from a client. I’m lost on what you are trying to achieve here.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2022, 08:00 AM   #21
Mod_Emporium
Headlight Guru
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYANiDE View Post
Quote:
Did you get swindled? He reposted a pic from a client. I’m lost on what you are trying to achieve here.
Hes not a customer, he thinks we photoshopped a customer's headlight black. :
Appreciate 1
CYANiDE167.00
      04-15-2022, 05:42 PM   #22
Sublimeside
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 YMB ZCP, 2022 F97 X3M

Garage List
Avoid this "company" at all costs if you don't want to feel like you got ripped off. The work is very amateurish. I had to reopen the headlights to remove a bunch of old sealant that was left inside and reseal them myself. Terrible experience.
Attached Images

2022 F97 X3M Competition | Dark Graphite Metallic | Tartufo Extended Merino Leather
Appreciate 0