ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

11-17-2015, 11:49 AM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Preview of BMW at the 2015 Los Angeles Auto Show

BIMMERPOST NEWS
Preview of BMW at the 2015 Los Angeles Auto Show
COMMENTS
Name:  All_New_7_Series_.jpg
Views: 8352
Size:  500.8 KB

• Making its North American Premier, BMW will showcase the all-new BMW 7 Series, all-new BMW 3 Series eDrive, all-new BMW X1 and the exclusive motorsport inspired BMW M4 GTS.
  • BMW i will premiere BMW Laser Light, available for the first time in the US, as well as the limited edition BMW i3 Shadow Sport, featuring exclusive exterior paint color and interior design, moonroof and sport tuned suspension.

Woodcliff Lake, N.J.: November 17, 2015 12:00 pm EDT /9:00 am PDT... The all-new BMW 3 Series eDrive, BMW M4 GTS, BMW X1 and the BMW 7 Series will make their North American debuts at the 2015 Los Angeles Auto Show held at the Los Angeles Convention Center. In addition, BMW will feature the eDrive BMW X5 xDrive40e as well as the high-performance BMW i8, the all-electric BMW i3 and other BMW models at the BMW display.

Making its North American debut, the all-new BMW 3 Series eDrive features a plug-in hybrid drive system offering typical BMW driving dynamics and outstanding efficiency. The innovative use of an electric motor and the BMW TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder engine results in a total system output of 248 bHP and 310 lb-ft torque. The BMW 330e accelerates from 0-60 mph in 5.9 seconds. In everyday driving conditions, a total range of approximately 370 miles is attainable. The eDrive technology allows for approximately 22 miles in all-electric mode and therefore with zero local emissions. The 2016 BMW 330e will arrive in US showrooms in spring 2016 for $44,695 including $995 Destination & Handling. BMW 330e Official Thread.

The all-new 2016 BMW M4 GTS is an exclusive technological masterpiece, which elevates the performance of the BMW M4 Coupe to an impressive new level, making its North American Debut in Los Angeles. With its powerful, motorsport-inspired looks and high-performance technology, the BMW M4 GTS has its sights set on the racetrack. The BMW M4 GTS makes use of the multi-award-winning M TwinPower Turbo engine utilizing an innovative water injection system that boosts power to 493 bHP and 442 lb-ft allowing for a 0-60 mph sprint in 3.7 second. The track ready chassis and unbeatable engine performance ensured a lap time of 7 minutes 28 seconds around the legendary Nürburgring-Nordschleife. This special edition is limited to around 700 units worldwide, with around 300 units of the exclusive high-performance Special Edition M4 available for the first time in the US market. The 2016 BMW M4 GTS will arrive in US showrooms in spring 2016 for $134,200 including $995 Destination & Handling. BMW M4 GTS Official Thread.

The all-new BMW X1, making its North American debut, is the second generation of its successful predecessor model and features more robust overall proportions, more interior space for passengers and luggage alike, and additional innovative connectivity and groundbreaking BMW EfficientDynamics technology that is unparalleled in the segment. The BMW X1 xDrive28i will feature a 2.0-liter, 4-cylinder TwinPower Turbo engine producing 228 bHP and 258 lb-ft of torque mated to an 8 speed Steptronic automatic transmission, enabling the newest X family member to accelerate from 0-60 mph in 6.3 seconds. The engine is coupled with the new BMW xDrive intelligent all-wheel-drive system and newly developed chassis technology, which enhances sporting ability and ride. Currently in showrooms, the MSRP for the BMWX1 xDrive28 is $35,795 including $995 Destination & Handling. BMW X1 Official Thread.

The all-new BMW 7 Series is the brand’s flagship in its sixth generation and once again sets the standard for modern luxury and performance, delivering the highest level of driving refinement in the premium segment. The 2016 BMW 7 Series makes its North American debut in Los Angeles, setting a new benchmark in lightweight design, driving dynamics, comfort, intelligent connectivity and intuitive operation. The BMW EfficientLightweight concept allows the new BMW 7 Series line-up a 190 pounds weight reduction in comparison to its predecessor. Groundbreaking Carbon Core passenger cell technology is the key element on the body structure by the extensive use of carbon-fiber-reinforced plastic (CFRP) and the strategic application of lightweight design to reduce weight and increase both the overall torsion strength and bending stiffness. Featuring BMWs newest and pioneering technologies such as Gesture Control, Wireless Charging and Display Key. An Active Kidney Grille will also be available for the first time in the US. The MSRP for the BMW 740i is $82,295, the $95,395 for the 750i Sedan and $98,395 for the BMW 750i xDrive all including $995 Destination & Handling. BMW 7 Series Press Kit.

In addition to these debut vehicles, BMW will showcase a number of other models at the Los Angeles Auto Show including the BMW X5 xDrive40e, BMW i8, and BMW i3.

The BMW X5 xDrive40e is the company’s first eDrive Sports Activity Vehicle, charts the next chapter of BMW’s ongoing EfficientDynamics initiative. Benefitting from the groundbreaking work with BMW i on electromobility, the X5 xDrive40e combines the company’s award-winning 2.0-liter TwinPower Turbo four-cylinder engine with an electric motor integrated into its 8-speed automatic transmission. The BMW X5 xDrive40e can travel approximately 14 miles on pure electric propulsion, powered by a lithium-ion battery, ideally suited for short commutes and quick trips around town yielding an impressive 56 MPGe. Combined, the gasoline engine and electric motor put out 308 horsepower and 332 lb-ft of torque, enough to propel the X5 xDrive40e from 0-60mph in just 6.5 seconds. This Sports Activity Vehicle features BMW xDrive, the company’s intelligent all-wheel drive system, for optimal stability and traction under all road conditions. The 2016 BMW X5 xDrive40e is available in US showrooms for $63,095 including $995 Destination & Handling. BMW X5 xDrive40e Official Thread.

The BMW i8 is the first eDrive 2+2 sports-car from BMW. It sits at the pinnacle of the
BMW i lineup of visionary vehicles which are purpose built from the ground up as electric and hybrid electric, constructed primarily from lightweight carbon fiber. Currently in showrooms and priced at $141,695 including $995 Destination & Handling, the MY2016 BMW i8 features Laser Lights available as an option for the first time in the US, enhancing its athletic design and sleek, low slung exterior. The BMW i8 operates with extremely high fuel efficiency boasting a US EPA rating of 76 MPGe combined. It is capable of accelerating from 0 to 60 mph in 4.2 seconds on the way to an electronically governed top speed of 155 mph.

The BMW i3, constructed from the ground up primarily from lightweight carbon fiber, features a 170 horsepower and 184 lb-ft of torque hybrid-synchronous electric motor that propels the vehicle from 0-60 mph in approximately 7.2 seconds. The BMW i3 is electrified by a 22-kWh lithium-ion battery and will travel approximately 81 miles of emission-free driving. The BMW i3 offers interior space comparable to the legendary BMW 3 Series on a shorter overall body. Its 32.4-foot turning circle and a relatively long wheelbase make it agile and engaging to drive, yet ideally suited to driving in dense urban areas. With a combined rating of 124 MPGe, the BMW i3 is the most efficient electric as rated by the US EPA. Currently in showrooms, the BMW i3 has a base MSRP of $43,395, before any federal or state incentives, including $995 for Destination & Handling.

The limited edition BMW i3 Shadow Sport (BEV) with Fluid Black exterior paint color and dark grey cloth interior with blue highlights (Deka World) is making its premiere at this year’s LAAS. The BMW i3 Shadow Sport Edition features a moonroof and a sport tuned suspension complimented by 19 inch wheels. A Limited Edition Plaque marks all 50 vehicles produced and is available for $48,395 including Destination & Handling.

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 11:54 AM   #2
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
M4 GTS will arrive in US showrooms in spring 2016 for $134,200 including $995 Destination & Handling.
So they've given us the US GTS pricing in here - cool.

Edit: Please discuss US M4 GTS pricing here:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1196311

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 12:16 PM   #3
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Just saw a white 7er downtown, it looks a hell of a lot better in person than in pictures - even the rear. I'm not saying you're going to go from hating it to liking it, but if you're "ehhhh" about the looks of it, seeing it in person might change perspective on it.
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2015, 12:25 PM   #4
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

I can't wait to see the M2 in person!!!!

oh wait, even though its all out in the public they still aren't bringing it for some stupid reason.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 12:41 PM   #5
3M TAPE
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3

It is kinda shocking that the i3 was never equipped with sport tune suspension.
Not even a tick-a-box option?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 12:55 PM   #6
X3paul
Banned
Rep
Drives: E9 CSi, Z4M coup, E65 730d, E4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacMeal
It is kinda shocking that the i3 was never equipped with sport tune suspension.
Not even a tick-a-box option?
Its kinda shocking that someone would want an i3 with sport tuned suspension. Ever driven one?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 01:32 PM   #7
ihc95
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 2018 Mustang GT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW View Post
I can't wait to see the M2 in person!!!!

oh wait, even though its all out in the public they still aren't bringing it for some stupid reason.
Lol it's so dumb. Just show us the car already!!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 01:36 PM   #8
FilipMPower
Second Lieutenant
Serbia
Rep
Drives: Anything with a locking diff

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3paul View Post
Its kinda shocking that someone would want an i3 with sport tuned suspension. Ever driven one?
RWD man. If you slap on a proper diff and have stiff suspension, you might be able to go sideways.

Not serious btw, now that you think that I am a fool.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 02:18 PM   #9
IB M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 MG/SO ZCP DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [8.50]
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Jason,
Will the GTS make the rounds to the other car shows? NY, Detroit, Chicago....? Would love to see it in the flesh.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 02:46 PM   #10
Bosozoku
Almost completely sane
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2, '00 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Just saw a white 7er downtown, it looks a hell of a lot better in person than in pictures - even the rear. I'm not saying you're going to go from hating it to liking it, but if you're "ehhhh" about the looks of it, seeing it in person might change perspective on it.
This is true of lots of cars. Because, after all, cars are designed for the real world.
Not the internet.
'17 BMW M2 (BSM 6MT Exec CarPlay, TechnicPnP ASD bypass, IND M Perf shift knob + keyhole cover, Pedal Haus pedals + heel plate, 3M CR90 tint, BavSound Ghost woofers, Racing Dynamics strut tower brace, Dinan midpipe, Turner intercooler)
'00 Honda S2000 (Silverstone Metallic, black leather, factory titanium shift knob + front lip + trunk spoiler, front shock tower brace, front subframe x-brace)
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 06:01 PM   #11
chief
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Melbourne Red M3 Coupe

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.51]
Booo, no M2.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 04:40 AM   #12
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Judging by the pictures I just saw it looks as if the GTS will be fenced off for public days. As the flooring has the holes to put up glass panels around the car.