Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

10-14-2021, 01:33 AM   #1
jeremywag01
Rep
Drives: F80

Surprise surprise, look what I found….

So I'm a little embarrassed to amit it took so long for me to figure this out on my 2018 F80 comp, especially after putting 20k miles on the car. I discovered over the weekend that the shipping spaces were still installed on both my front struts. I knew the ride was way to harsh, but I somehow always convince myself it was due to the sport suspension and 20" wheels. Needless to say there is damage to some of the suspension components, mainly the bump stops and the right strut dust boot. Nothing crazy. So I obviously want to have this repair and according to BMW NA the responsibility falls on the dealership that takes initial delivery of the vehicle as it's not classified as a warranty issue. The dealership in this case is Arrowhead BMW in Glendale AZ. So I give them a call and speak with their service director. Long story short he tells me to go kick rocks. As you can imagine I'm furious at this point so I have filed an complain with BMW NA and now awaiting a call back from them. My question is what are my chances of this getting resolved and has anyone gone through a similar situation?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 04:25 AM   #2
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

This should absolutely be covered under warranty. Have you had your car serviced at all at a BMW dealership? They usually do a visual inspection and it's noted on the invoice.

Your car must have felt like shit.
      10-14-2021, 01:18 PM   #3
jeremywag01
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocL View Post
This should absolutely be covered under warranty. Have you had your car serviced at all at a BMW dealership? They usually do a visual inspection and it's noted on the invoice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocL View Post

Yea the ride is a night and day deference after removal.

I typically do all my own maintenance but the car has been in a few time, but it was never brought up. In their defense it would be difficult to catch visually without lifting the dust boot. Now for the right strut where the dust boot is torn (I assume this was cause by one of the spacers being shot out at some point) that should have been easily identified, but it's hard to say when that damage actually occurred.

I'm just hoping this dealer will right their wrong.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 03:18 PM   #4
spidy512
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 f80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Wow!

I'd say unbelievable, but this seems to be a "thing" for many dealerships. Boggles my mind....

Good luck. This should absolutely cost you nothing. Pure negligence on the selling dealerships part. Fight fight fight bro....

Good luck and keep us posted....

josh

Last edited by spidy512; 10-14-2021 at 09:04 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2021, 04:39 PM   #5
mapster37
Captain
United_States
Rep

if u dont get anywhere with the dealership personnel send an email or call bmw customer relations
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2021, 06:48 PM   #6
jeremywag01
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapster37 View Post
if u dont get anywhere with the dealership personnel send an email or call bmw customer relations
I have file a formal complaint with BMW NA and just waiting for them to give me a call back. I will definitely keep you guys posted.

The craziest part of the conversation with the service director was how he was shocked that I lifted the dust boot to inspect if the spacers were present. He stopped me mid-sentence and claimed "that moving the dust boot was not required step….but maybe it's different on M cars". So I'm not at all surprised that the spacers were never removed. This is also a dealership that is a M certified center…..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 09:08 PM   #7
ABenLauda
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywag01 View Post
a dealership that is a M certified center…..
Pretty sure that isn't worth shit!
      10-16-2021, 05:10 PM   #8
wuzhatning
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82

damn now this make me wanna go check mine, my car feels harsh even on comfort mode lol
Appreciate 0